It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama = Santa Clause.............Government = Parents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
When we were kids we were told about a Fat man with a bunch of flying deer that pulled a Sleigh big enought to fit presents for every GDDAM kid on the face of this earth.We were told that Santa has the ability to deliver all of these presents to every GDDAMN household on the face of this earth in one single evening. We were told that he somehow "knew" if we had been naughty or nice. That he had a bunch of midgets working for him year round on the coldest godforsaken place on this planet, The North Pole!!

We bought it hook line and sinker!!!! After all our parents wouldn't lie to us. They are our parents.They love us. They have our best intrests in mind all of the time. They would never outright bold face lie to us.

How did it make you feel when you were told the truth? You probly argued till you were blue in the face to your friends who were only trying to wake you up to reality. You probly got very angry and confused. After a critical mass of your friends started believing that there was no Santa Clause you started considering the possibility.
After grilling your parents for the truth they probly finally told you the truth.
"I'm sorry hun, there is no Santa, It was your father and I all along".

We were all told that Osama(SANTA) and his cohorts(reindeer)
delivered us a present (flew some planes into our GDDAMN buildings!).
We were told this by our Government (parents). I am your friend in school(LIFE) at recess(WEEKEND) telling you that "

"IT WAS OUR PARENTS ALL ALONG"

[edit on 13-9-2008 by cbass]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I can't wait to see your tooth fairy and Easter bunny analogies; I hope they are equally entertaining.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Don't get me started. I could go on for days with anologies.
Didn't Jesus use parables? Don't get me started on him either.
It seems people would rather live in their fairytale wonderland where children are skipping rope,licking lollypops,playing hopscotch with midgets riding unicycles,
sliding down rainbows, swimming in rivers of milk chocolate, going on unicorn rides while eating cotton candy.

Why wake up. It is far too comfortable here in wonderland.....sigh
I give up.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

Heh, nice. But as a lifelong pragmatist and selfish bastard I didn't really care who delivered the presents as long as I got the loot.

With that being said, I think your analogy is crossesd. The naive child may well believe in the Santa Clause conspiracy, and that is the majority case. After all, as you said, your parents wouldn't lie to you. Would they?

But the cynical adult surely takes it as read that Government and Politicians lie, obscure and deceive as part of their job description. The majority case of cynical adults that is, there is doubtless a small volume of the naive that believe that people who aim for the power and control of office do so for selfless purposes.

But this is just the viewpoint of a lifelong pragmatist, cynic and amused-but-impartial observer of human nature.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by almighty bob

You're right, the cynical adult wouldn't but most Americans are not cynical adults the are blind Patriots who will believe what they are told to believe. In their eyes Santa is real and we are ignorant fools for not believing the obvious....that Santa is the one who brings the presents cuz' mom and dad wouldn't lie to us...lol.
How sincerely sad.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If any of you debunkers would like to take a shot at debunking the myth that our parents were really the ones bringing us presents all along I would love to see your evidence.

top topics

join