It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Jesse Ventura Slams '911 Conspiracy Debunkers' for 30 Minutes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Our government had some house cleaning to do... sad to say but end of story. Inside job.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

and now we're back to energy weapons. Oh my god. So what kind did they use? Since you're making the claim please specify what kind of energy weapon and how it would affect the building material.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Everybody thinks about what they would do if they were involved in a car crash but are you really ever prepared? If you've been in a car crash, did you handle it the EXACT right way you thought you would? DOUBTFUL.

Are you seriously trying to say that America is as unprepared for an attack as a person in a car accident? Then what do my tax dollars pay for? This is not 10 seconds of metal flying and you stop and come out of shock. This took hours from when they first knew something was up. Please, oh please tell me you are not comparing American defense forces to a person in a car accident.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I have no doubt there were explosions but I don't believe there were bombs "downstairs" exploding. The reason is that the buildings fell from the top down and not the bottom up so bombs at the bottom wouldn't have done anything.

It is a known fact that in order to implode a building, the supports need to be cut, angled inward. This would be true whether imploding top down or bottom up, because either way, the angle needs to be focused inwards.

Why would a firefighter risk losing his job by telling a lie ?

I don't know. Why would a catholic priest molest a child?

Oh, now this is just disingenuous. What a by-the-book emotion-prodding idiocy of a comparison. There is a far cry between a priest who, like rogue governments, thinks he can get away with something, and a firefighter who speaks of what he experienced despite the possibility of retribution in the form of losing his job.

Don't insult our intelligence, please.

I can't answer your hypothetical question as I cannot read the mind of the firefighter.

Tsk, tsk. Implying the firefighter is lying. I roll my eyes.

Now as to calling me a "blind patriot". Look at my avatar and comments below. Obviously I'm not a blind patriot. In fact, I believe this particular administration to be the most corrupt in our nations history. That being said, there's no evidence to support they planned and executed 9/11. If there were, I would not only be on the band wagon, but driving it !!!

Hmmmm. Maybe the problem is that you have difficulty identifying the plethora of issues that, if one takes the view that it was an inside job need no explanation, but if it WASN'T an inside job either have no explanation or the probability of the occurrence is astronomical - and with multiplicity of such improbabilities stacked, become virtual impossibility.

[shrug] Sorry you have that difficulty.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

All of the negative things you listed (Mess in the middle east, low administrative approval ratings, horrible legacy for the president, etc.) were not a result of 9/11. They were a result of the administrations response to 9/11. You can't say they would have never had a hand in 9/11 because of its negative after effects. Thought I too have yet to come to a conclusive decision about the 9/11 issue, I definitely am becoming more and more skeptical with every passing week. Ventura raises very valid questions.

1. Why aren't we being warned that skyscrapers can collapse completely at free fall speed due to fire?
2. Why did Bush stonewall the 9/11 investigation for two years?
3. Why weren't Bush, Cheney, and all others who testified put under oath? 4. Why did Bush and Cheney insist on testifying together?
5. Why do they insist on making it sound like there was some rarely intense inferno in each of those buildings when the smoke coming out of them would indicate otherwise?
6. Why did they find debris from flight 93 nearly five miles from a terrestrial ground strike site?
7. How can a building fall at close to the speed of gravity unassisted?
8. Why don't we just create an "intense" fire in a building when we need to bring it down?
9. Why wasn't anyone fired or demoted due to the failure of our multi-billion dollar air defense system?
10. Why weren't there any jets scrambled to stop the plane from crashing into the pentagon?
11. Why, when you look at almost every aspect of 9/11, from the events leading up to it, to the events of that day, to the actions taken afterward, is it that there are alarming, common sense related inconsistencies with the official story.

These are very, very valid questions that need to be answered!!!! And yet too many Americans just want to stick the heads back into the sand b/c of the implications that might lead from their answers. For those people I have one thing to say. If we don't take these questions, and their implications, head on, the next time this happens, it may be you, or one of your loved ones, who are sacrificed.

"I don't have to tell you things are bad, everybody knows things are bad. Its a depression, everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickles worth. The banks are going bust. Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the streets and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do and there's no end to it. We sit in our houses and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller, and all we say is please leave us alone in our living rooms and let me have my toaster and my tv and my steel belted radials and I won't say anything. Well I'm not going to leave you alone. I want you to get mad. I don't want you to protest, I don't want you to riot, and I don't want you to write your congressman, I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say I'm a human being god damn it, my life has value."

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver

When did I ever say that? How does my post at all imply that? I'm not saying that I believe everything, there is always doubt to be found in ANYTHING. But I don't believe the government would have gained anything by planning the 9/11 attacks.

A giant mess in the Middle East, increased terror activity worldwide, horrible approval ratings of the President, Vice President, Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, etc., a depressed US economy, no positive legacy.

Okay, you'll say "more control over the people", but really if that was their concern I think there would have been many more terror attacks to terrify Americans into surrendering ourselves to our government. Which has never happened.

So for the most part I believe what I SAW that day and that was a terrorist attack. I don't call it the "official story" I call it the truth. Now whether the Bush Administration had a plan ready in case of such an event that would allow us to invade the Middle East, that's a whole other story.

A giant mess for who? You see, this administration getting a black eye over the 'mess' doesn't really hurt them. As long as all of the laws and orders they have passed hold true and they can't be held liable for the lies. You see, that 'MESS' in the Middle East is a BOON for their pocket books. So ask yourself again, what could they have to gain by either allowing or perpetrating the events of 911.

Yes, it was and always will be about more control. The people that leave the legacy for the next administration are simply trying to further to power hold of the government. Why? Because they think they know what is best. However, what is best for a power hungry government is an extremely placid public. What do you see in the public now? Do you see more people standing up for the rights of the people or do you see more kids sitting in their homes all day playing video games with parents right by their sides? You say that it will NEVER happen but the problem is, it's happening now and you just don't want to see or believe it.

I'm glad you are standing by what you believe. That you believe that a terrorist attack happened that day. I too believe that. However, I have questions about the identity of the people who pulled it off.

There truly has been so much gained by this administration. What's in an image if you have gained so much financially? The Bush family doesn't give a rats rear about how popular he is. The Cheney's don't care either. Why? Because they have made millions upon millions of dollars off of their wars and will continue to receive kickbacks for the never ending 'War on Terror'.

The MIC has nearly everyone in that administion in their pockets. We have had presidents warn us about this yet we continue to ignore what they say. I'm sorry, but I will take more in the words of a president that is leaving office than one who has to smooze people to stay in.

We have been warned many times and have continued to be manipulated and blinded. Unfortunately I fear that it may come down to a true revolution of the people for the people.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

Your forgetting one huge reason why the U.S gov did plan and execute 911. Oil.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That I have to read that 'Jesse Ventura' has enough of it...Doesn't make me think; 'Finaly someone 'they' will have to take seriously!'. But I only know the character from 'All Star Wrestling' that aired in the Netherlands for a while.

Is it really only 'folks like this', from the entertainment industry I mean, that (dare to) ask questions about 9/11? I guess they have some form of an audience...So maybe something constructive comes from Jesse, but I doubt it.

Just as with the Kennedy assassination I guess we will never know what exactly happened and why.

According to the F.B.I. website Bin Laden is wanted:

'Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the august 7, 1998, bombing of the states embassies in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya, these attacks killed over 200 people. In addition Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world'

But there is no mentioning of specific 9/11 involvement.

Strange isn't?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Interesting interview although jesse takes the easy stance of the typical "truther" in that he simply asks questions but has no answers. Don't get me wrong, questions are good but without the answers, they're not very helpful.

He's in a position where he could use his connections to get answers that many regular citizens cannot however, he doesn't seem that interested in doing so. Seems a bit odd??? Or is it that it's easier to ask the questions then look for the answers???

Take the time to watch 911 revisited, all the emergency workers
and engineers that spoke out against obvious flaws in the official
story.

Take the time to watch 911 press for truth.

After watching those two if you don't think there is at least something
odd going on, then I do not think anyone is going to be able
to convince you otherwise.

They are worth your time, and they are 100% verifiable as far as
I can see from the items I have looked up in both.

The firefighters that were in the building when the bombs went
off down stairs are particularly convincing to me.

I have no doubt there were explosions but I don't believe there were bombs "downstairs" exploding. The reason is that the buildings fell from the top down and not the bottom up so bombs at the bottom wouldn't have done anything.

Why would a firefighter risk losing his job by telling a lie ?

I don't know. Why would a catholic priest molest a child?
I can't answer your hypothetical question as I cannot read the mind of the firefighter.

Now as to calling me a "blind patriot". Look at my avatar and comments below. Obviously I'm not a blind patriot. In fact, I believe this particular administration to be the most corrupt in our nations history. That being said, there's no evidence to support they planned and executed 9/11. If there were, I would not only be on the band wagon, but driving it !!!

I respect your opinion, but it is obvious you watched neither show.

If you want to say a large group of firefighters all conspired to lie,
then you can hold onto the belief til they bury you.

One firefighter comments the explosion coming from downstairs
blew his helmet upward and off his head.

I don't take his one statement as total proof, but it is telling.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I like Ventura (I have been a wrestling fan for about 25 years, and have some similar political views) not sure about his stance here though..

I am not sure what to make of 9/11, I will say that I lean against there being any type of large administration wide government conspiracy with quibs, squibs, controlled demos, etc.

Some of the supposed "evidence" that these people produce is almost always in the form of "junk science". For example this Steven A. Jones has proven to be not credible at all. All of his peers do NOT endorse his claims, and say they are incorrect. If they all discredit him, it is likely that he is the one that is incorrect (I suppose they could be "bought off" to go against him or something, but not likely in my opinion)

However, I do feel like the "elites", or "powers that be", or whatever you'd like to call them, were the ones "pulling the strings" on 9-11. Tri-lateral, CFR types (Brzezinski, Rockefellers, etc).

They've used Bin Laden in the past to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan in the 80's (Brzezinski even said "I created the mujahadeen" in his own words), and I think they turned to him and his organization again.

Brzezinski talks about (pre-9/11 this is) America being too democratic at home to be imperialistic abroad, and that a "big event" would be needed to sway public opinion to become more imperialistic abroad...

9/11 certainly swayed public opinion into a "strike first" type of "defensive" strategy, did it not?

WITHOUT 9/11, the people simply wouldn't have ever authorized these wars in the Middle East, that were already planned out before 9-11.

This is just a gut feel based off of things I've read, and trying to figure out the motives behind 9/11 for myself.

With my theory, all that is needed is a few people in the CIA (working for "elites") helping to orchestrate everything with Bin Laden and his cronies (which they have done many, many times in the past, and in July 2001 were visting Bin Laden in the UAE from what I heard). If nobody finds out about the CIA involvement, there are no "whistles to be blown". It could even be done WITHOUT Al Qaeda even knowing the CIA was helping them either...

I could be totally wrong, I don't claim to have any great knowledge of these matters, it is just my gut feel

TG

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura makes some good points. How does a building collapse because of fire? And fall with precision.

No need for demolition jobs anymore, just set buildings on fire and wait for them to collapse if fire can bring buildings down.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
hello.. HERE is soemthing for everyone to try and find/figure out. has anyone here, members or not, ever SEEN what is NOW a virtually un-findable ACTUAL video CLIP-TOTALLY different view than all those we've all seen, of the SECOND plane as it LITERALLY can be heard ROARING ovehead, camera then 'looks' up from ground point, and BLAM, a crystall clear view of the ENTIRE plane, from, of course, its UNDEBELLY clearly in view, ROARING RIGHT OVERHEAD and subsequently salmming into the other tower... anyone remember seeing it or hearing about this clip? it slowly and then almost totally disappeared from the net. it was shown very very few times on the air, and one wonders why it disappeared from all forms of media and news. could it be... and believe me it was, that this incredible view/footage of the ENTIRE planes underbelly as it came it into camera view and stayed in camera as it slams into the other tower, would have, upon immense digital enhancement and investigation, may possibly be the smoking gun that would 'tell' EXACTLY what kind of plane it REALLY was and WHO'S it was and even moreover, WHAT, if anythying were the markings if any, and what may have been on its underbelly. it meant nothing at the time, but as rumours and theories emerged, this sort of prbable/possible evidence, vanished. has anyone ever seen this clip i am referring to? it is somehting you would never forget as it is incredible as one could ever be witness to. it was, again, a camera being used on the ground, between some buildings for, i think, some sort of interview or something, then, as a loud ROAR is heard, and the camera is looking upward, engine roar becomes scarily deafening, plane comes into view and then the unthinkable happened...again. hope someone hear remembers it as most people i knew at the time were all over the net scouring and searching for actual footage.. THIS one would be incredible TODAY for whatever truths and secrets it may have held.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 666Azrael666

Everybody thinks about what they would do if they were involved in a car crash but are you really ever prepared? If you've been in a car crash, did you handle it the EXACT right way you thought you would? DOUBTFUL.

Are you seriously trying to say that America is as unprepared for an attack as a person in a car accident?

Yes. The current administration is incompetent. Our president can't even say nuclear correctly.

Then what do my tax dollars pay for?

Nothing good at the moment.

This is not 10 seconds of metal flying and you stop and come out of shock. This took hours from when they first knew something was up. Please, oh please tell me you are not comparing American defense forces to a person in a car accident.

Yes. But actually maybe I should compare it to a bus accident with a bus full of people, all trying to help and figure out what to do but all in shock.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

It is a known fact that in order to implode a building, the supports need to be cut, angled inward. This would be true whether imploding top down or bottom up, because either way, the angle needs to be focused inwards.

And?

Tsk, tsk. Implying the firefighter is lying. I roll my eyes.

Because all firemen are good people who never do anything wrong. I roll my eyes right back.

Hmmmm. Maybe the problem is that you have difficulty identifying the plethora of issues that, if one takes the view that it was an inside job need no explanation, but if it WASN'T an inside job either have no explanation or the probability of the occurrence is astronomical - and with multiplicity of such improbabilities stacked, become virtual impossibility.

[shrug] Sorry you have that difficulty.

What a useless paragraph
This is me rolling my eyes again

[edit on 15-9-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Your claims of something of this magnitude being covered up have some bearing and for most 9/11 believers are there strongest arguement but havent u ever heard of something being hidden in plain sight. im sure everyone in here has had a point in time where until they stepped back, and looked at the bigger picture instead of focusing on specific, they were able to see the real truth. thats what i say about 9/11 because our government IS THE ONLY ONE that says without a doubt alqaeda was behind the attacks. other governments throughout the world, friend or foe still have doubts that our government with all its advanced technology didnt have the forsight to see that coming even after the attacks in the 1990s. ALL I HAFTA SAY TO ALL U SKEPTICS OUT THERE IS THIS ONE QUESTION; IF IT WASENT A CONTROLLED DEMOLITION WHY DID IT LOOK SO MUCH LIKE ONE AND WITH THAT SAID U WOULD THINK DEMOLITION TEAMS AROUND THE WORLD WOULD TAKE NOTE AT THE MARVELIOUS JOB THOSE TERRORIST DID WITH JUST JET FUEL. GOT THEM BEAT WITH ALL THERE TIME AND EFFORT OF DEMOLISHING BUILDING. WHY HAVENT DEMOLITION TEAMS USED THE SAME TECHNIQUE (BECAUSE IS SEEMS TO TAKE LESS TIME JUST LITE UP JET FUEL INSIDE THE BUILDING) AND WATCH IT BURN????? ASK ANY DEMOLITIONS EXPERT AND THEY WILL TELL U IT WAS A SHAM!!!!! i live near vegas and these people take weeks getting this stuff ready to what??? to produce the same effects terrorists did with just jet fuel. GROW A BRAIN PEOPLE STOP BEING SHEEPLE

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Like I said, I'm sure there were explosions below. All I'm saying is I don't think the explosions were from planted bombs. There would be no need if the whole building was already wired in sequence.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How could anyone believe the government after the EPA said that the air wasn't toxic after 911. How many people that are dying from the asbestos from that day get on the news these days? That in itself should make you think the news agencies are slanted and corrupted.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join