It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Jesse Ventura Slams '911 Conspiracy Debunkers' for 30 Minutes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Interesting interview although jesse takes the easy stance of the typical "truther" in that he simply asks questions but has no answers. Don't get me wrong, questions are good but without the answers, they're not very helpful.

He's in a position where he could use his connections to get answers that many regular citizens cannot however, he doesn't seem that interested in doing so. Seems a bit odd??? Or is it that it's easier to ask the questions then look for the answers???

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Massive respect to Ventura, he is really bringing alot of the most serious issues to the table. Asking questions is not a crime. And one of the most telling thing about the interview? The young reporters with closed minds.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
How about some questions like "how could something that big be covered up, since it's the most watched event in human history"

Well, actually, a very small handful of people were needed - some in military, some in the president's office, some in airlines...some in demolition. And some in media to tell people what they are "seeing" and who was "responsible." If it was all THAT well covered up, there wouldn't be anyone asking questions..

Top that with fighting any investigation for as long as possible, stack the deck of the investigating group when an investigation DOES come, testify while NOT under oath - and together, to keep the stories straight - don't answer questions, use Goering's tactics, add disinfo agents, buy "experts," and it all comes to what we see today. Easy as pie

or "how could someone wire a building with explosives without anyone noticing it"

Get rid of the dogs (cage them or remove them - that did happen, you know), dress up as "delivery persons" with boxes of "computers," "microwave ovens," whatever, that are filled with what is needed, or "maintenance" personnel... Work at night, work on unused floors (there was sound, dust and other things noticed from empty floors...). Easy as pie.

or acknowledging that the towers began to lean after they were hit,

LONG after. And after what looked exactly like a thermite or thermate reaction was filmed - which would have weakened things so as to cause leaning.

And why did the concrete pulverize...?

the collapse looked nothing like a demolition

Um... Yes, it did. I have watched MANY - living in Las Vegas when a number of buildings came down.

as any demolition expert would tell you,

ANY? That's a laugh. I have heard a number of them say it looked exactly like demolition. Maybe the ones you have heard were those piad "experts..."

or how could thousands of scientists and eye witness reports be over turned by interviews taken out of context,

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Can you provide an example of what you are saying?

or eye witnesses victims of mass hysteria.

Huh? There were many witnesses who saw or heard series of explosions... Mass hysteria? A number of them said they were told #7 was coming down before it did... Mass hysteria? What are you referring to here?

That's what's so hysterical about the 9/11 truth movement,

Mass hysterical, perhaps?

it only asks questions that it wants to ask, and ignores the rest.

It only asks the questions that have, at best, answers that assume extreme improbability, and when added together, makes the "answers" virtually impossible.

At least the "official story" has answered 99.9% of all concerns with scientific analysis instead of assumptions based on video edits and unclassified documents that too are taken out of context.

Paid "experts?" There are many, many independent analyses that dispute what the Official "experts" say. Why should we believe the Official ones?

I could make something up completely and it could be eaten up by the masses, just like so many hoax claims are...

And that's just what they did, eh? Made something up, used the media to tell us what we were "seeing," who "did" it, what we should do about it.

The cover up of 9/11 is...hold on everybody...that the government failed, just like it did with Katrina, I don't see any investigations into that, and just like with Katrina the government tried to cover up it's failures with information dodging.

I see. And that is why they had a 900+ page "Patriot" Act eviscerating the founding documents, that at minimum would have taken two years to compile, argue about, agree upon - prepared with no oversight by the People - waiting to slap on the desks of Congress less than two months after the event with a "Rush, rush, don't read, just sign NOW!" approach.

Sure. It was because they simply "failed."

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

How about some questions like "how could something that big be covered up, since it's the most watched event in human history" or "how could someone wire a building with explosives without anyone noticing it" or acknowledging that the towers began to lean after they were hit, the collapse looked nothing like a demolition as any demolition expert would tell you, or how could thousands of scientists and eye witness reports be over turned by interviews taken out of context, or eye witnesses victims of mass hysteria. That's what's so hysterical about the 9/11 truth movement, it only asks questions that it wants to ask, and ignores the rest. At least the "official story" has answered 99.9% of all concerns with scientific analysis instead of assumptions based on video edits and unclassified documents that too are taken out of context. I could make something up completely and it could be eaten up by the masses, just like so many hoax claims are...

I find your threshold for questioning hilarious. The whole 30 minute clip is about how the main stream media failed to question the official story of the government. Why should Jesse or any other interested party then start out by questioning conclusions that they don't have? Jesse says over an over again that he doesn't know what happened, he just has questions as to the governments theory.

So if I'm reading you correctly, you are saying that if any doubt can be cast on any of the possible conclusions that could be reached by questioning the official story, then no questions of the official story should be asked? Laughable.

It is the governments responsibility to keep us safe, and if they fail to then explain to us why. That means they have to tell the initial theory. If there are questions about their theory, they should be allowed to be asked, regardless if the questioner has a counter theory or not.

Lastly, I'll say this. I can't speak for Jesse, but I have also asked the questions you are saying should be asked, and some of them are very good questions that I couldn't find good answers to. But that doesn't detract from the questions I have about the official theory. I don't think that this is my fault though, seeing as how I literally have no access to any evidence, except that which the government made available.

So how can you expect Jesse or I answer to your questions, but you begrudge us of asking any of the people who actually have the evidence? The real shame is that a person is labeled a quack for merely doing there civic duty and asking questions, something the media should have been doing in the first place.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Interesting interview although jesse takes the easy stance of the typical "truther" in that he simply asks questions but has no answers. Don't get me wrong, questions are good but without the answers, they're not very helpful.

He's in a position where he could use his connections to get answers that many regular citizens cannot however, he doesn't seem that interested in doing so. Seems a bit odd??? Or is it that it's easier to ask the questions then look for the answers???

Why would he have any more access to answers than you or I? Do you really think the president invites every gov, mayor, town cryer to his meetings? Do you think that every political figure from every level in all 50 states has some grand access to the people who would be in the know of an event like this? All he has is the media and the opportunity to bring attention. If he were not out of the loop for the simple fact that I doubt Cheney and Rumsfeld really answer to too many Governors, I am sure that once he opened his mouth, any access left went bye bye. Unless you know something about Jesse we do not that we all should. If he is really able to get his hands on evidence easily because of who he is, then please explain what that entails and why he is lying about it to us.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

or "how could someone wire a building with explosives without anyone noticing it"

Get rid of the dogs (cage them or remove them - that did happen, you know), dress up as "delivery persons" with boxes of "computers," "microwave ovens," whatever, that are filled with what is needed, or "maintenance" personnel... Work at night, work on unused floors (there was sound, dust and other things noticed from empty floors...). Easy as pie.

Yep sounds easy until you figure that the entire building would need to be wired by a large team of demo experts and this would include direct wiring to the support posts and beams. In other words, the building would need to be gutted. Not so easy as pie now

the collapse looked nothing like a demolition

Um... Yes, it did. I have watched MANY - living in Las Vegas when a number of buildings came down.

And this looks like a you know what but it isn't.
www.break.com...enisberg-ahead570777.html
Just because something "looks" a certain way by the untrained eye, it doesn't make it so.

as any demolition expert would tell you,

ANY? That's a laugh. I have heard a number of them say it looked exactly like demolition. Maybe the ones you have heard were those piad "experts..."

I've never heard an actual demo expert say, in their opinion, the 2 towers were demo'd. In actuality, I've heard just the opposite. It was even pointed out that if they were demo'd, they would have come down from the bottom up and footage which we have all seen has shown the towers drop from the top down. This of course is the exact opposite of how demolitions is done.

At least the "official story" has answered 99.9% of all concerns with scientific analysis instead of assumptions based on video edits and unclassified documents that too are taken out of context.

Paid "experts?" There are many, many independent analyses that dispute what the Official "experts" say. Why should we believe the Official ones?

Good point and why should we believe the independent analysts?

[edit on 14-9-2008 by jfj123]

[edit on 14-9-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Yep sounds easy until you figure that the entire building would need to be wired by a large team of demo experts and this would include direct wiring to the support posts and beams. In other words, the building would need to be gutted. Not so easy as pie now

I love this argument it is so cute and cuddly I just want to keep it as my pet.

Everyone that had been watching every entrance, exit, person in the WTC buildings over the 6 month period before 9/11 raise your hand.

Anyone, anyone at all that can say with certainty that the bulding was not gutted and people were not wiring it to come down because they know the business of each and every person that went into those buildings every minute of every day.

There must be some of you since you keep saying it would be impossible to do. People working there seem to think it would be quite easy given the secrecy around many areas, the large numbers of places there was no access to. Not to mention that an entire floor of offices is just that. It does not mean that everyone on the floor has coffee together. You know how many different companies could be on any given floor? Do you really think that everyone in those buildings knew what happend behind every closed door? There was heave construction going on, noises, disturbances, power failures, all reported by people who worked in those towers leading up to 9/11

But here at ATS we have so many people that seem to be so sure that they know what was going on in those buildings all the time. Please step forward all mighty tower watchman. Tell of us your 24hr stands watching over this scene and following every person inside the building all at the same time. Miracle person, where are you, you can put this all to rest.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I always liked to steer away from 9/11 threads since I'm not an American and therefore dealing with 9/11 is not my business, but this one is different.
A star and a flag was in order, and here is why.

Listening to that man I realized that people that dare to ask difficult questions still exist.
This man was an ex Navy Seal, an ex body builder, an ex statesman, also was an actor and I would be proud If he would be the leader of my group at battle.
Some 2000 years ago plus some centuries, 300 men took up on a vast army that was measured above a million and some even say that the one million were the modest estimations, they knew they wouldn't win the battle but they believed they would win the fight, and they did. Western civilization owes much to these men because it was allowed to exist because of them and they were only 300 of them. Their sacrifice was not in vain because men like this one on this interview exist.
In Western civilization today, real men are still being born, men that still make difficult decisions, and still stand up against "the system" for what they believe is right, no matter how many are their opponents.
I really did feel like that, when I heard this man talk. I would have expected differently from a politician, actor, public person, in general a liked public figure, but this one was one of a kind. Some 2000 years ago plus some centuries, one men argued that "we can't conform to your logic, because we are Spartans",my ears heard something similar from this man in that interview, "we won't take BS because we are Americans".

This man IS an American for me and above all he is a MAN. How about the rest of us?

If it took only a badly executed plan they send in 2 planes but they finally ended up blowing up 3 buildings, probably by mistake instead of just two, if you think about it this way it may seem hilarious and despite of all of that they still managed to convince the rest of the world, the rest of us, where are your MEN, to ask questions?

[edit on 14-9-2008 by spacebot]

[edit on 14-9-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Shhhhhhhh. This is America, there are commercials on and shopping to do. We really need not worry about stuff like this, the smart folks in charge will sort it all out and then tell us what happend afterward. It is really all gonna be ok. Unless they really do add a 4th judge to American Idol this year, then I dunno, there might be trouble.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SarielDCLXVI

Obviously you have no idea what is involved in gutting a building and how much debris would need to be hauled away without one person seeing anything. No it's not possible to completely gut a building that's being used without people seeing the demo, the charge installation and then the remodeling.

But then again, maybe the starship enterprise simply beamed the material in and out, which is just as reasonable of a hypothesis.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yellowcard....I am shocked, did you get emotional ?

You must not be happy about something I said.

Maybe I should have my first amendment rights removed ?

That seems to make a lot of the "Agree with us or else" crowd happy.

Well good news !

Your buddies are working on it !

Free Speech Zones

Just a few more Orwellian laws and you will have your perfect state.

LOL

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Take the time to watch 911 revisited, all the emergency workers
and engineers that spoke out against obvious flaws in the official
story.

Take the time to watch 911 press for truth.

After watching those two if you don't think there is at least something
odd going on, then I do not think anyone is going to be able
to convince you otherwise.

They are worth your time, and they are 100% verifiable as far as
I can see from the items I have looked up in both.

The firefighters that were in the building when the bombs went
off down stairs are particularly convincing to me.

Why would a firefighter risk losing his job by telling a lie ?

Not likely...

911 revisited - Emergency workers at ground zero

Believe me this is not the first nor last time America has been lied
to by its leaders.

Operation Northwoods

Air America

Iran-Contra

Alot of those blind patriots need to know what is coming...

Directive 51 - FEMA camps - The end of the USA

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So....noone was actually watching every person in every part of those buildings all the time? Noone? I keep reading how IMPOSSIBLE it would be to wire the buildings but I am having trouble finding anyone who can claim they really know who was in there and what they were doing. I am still eagerly waiting.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Take the time to watch 911 revisited, all the emergency workers
and engineers that spoke out against obvious flaws in the official
story.

Take the time to watch 911 press for truth.

After watching those two if you don't think there is at least something
odd going on, then I do not think anyone is going to be able
to convince you otherwise.

They are worth your time, and they are 100% verifiable as far as
I can see from the items I have looked up in both.

The firefighters that were in the building when the bombs went
off down stairs are particularly convincing to me.

I have no doubt there were explosions but I don't believe there were bombs "downstairs" exploding. The reason is that the buildings fell from the top down and not the bottom up so bombs at the bottom wouldn't have done anything.

Why would a firefighter risk losing his job by telling a lie ?

I don't know. Why would a catholic priest molest a child?
I can't answer your hypothetical question as I cannot read the mind of the firefighter.

Now as to calling me a "blind patriot". Look at my avatar and comments below. Obviously I'm not a blind patriot. In fact, I believe this particular administration to be the most corrupt in our nations history. That being said, there's no evidence to support they planned and executed 9/11. If there were, I would not only be on the band wagon, but driving it !!!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Obviously you have no idea what is involved in gutting a building and how much debris would need to be hauled away without one person seeing anything. No it's not possible to completely gut a building that's being used without people seeing the demo, the charge installation and then the remodeling.

But then again, maybe the starship enterprise simply beamed the material in and out, which is just as reasonable of a hypothesis.

Really?

Care to back up the claim that demolition equipment could not have been applied to this building. I do not meant this "duh they have to rip all the walls down and everyone would see that, stupid" stuff. Show me exactly what would have been involved in rigging those buildings. I want exact designs, means and methods of what would have been involved in rigging the buildings for demolition.

Then after that, tell me you know for sure that never happend.

Apparently you missed my actual question, and anyone of you FOX robots can answer, anyone at all. ANYONE THAT WAS WATCHING EVERYONE IN THOSE BUILDINGS 24 HRS A DAY EVERY DAY PLEASE LEAP UP AND SPEAK!!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise, you are not going to prove anything to me about whether or not it could have been pulled off. But get back to me when you have figured out how to rig the buildings exactly.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

That being said, there's no evidence to support they planned and executed 9/11. If there were, I would not only be on the band wagon, but driving it !!!

There is plenty of evidence to tell you that they were well aware of it in advance, what does that tell you?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarielDCLXVI

Really?

Care to back up the claim that demolition equipment could not have been applied to this building. I do not meant this "duh they have to rip all the walls down and everyone would see that, stupid" stuff. Show me exactly what would have been involved in rigging those buildings. I want exact designs, means and methods of what would have been involved in rigging the buildings for demolition.

Then after that, tell me you know for sure that never happend.

Apparently you missed my actual question, and anyone of you FOX robots can answer, anyone at all. ANYONE THAT WAS WATCHING EVERYONE IN THOSE BUILDINGS 24 HRS A DAY EVERY DAY PLEASE LEAP UP AND SPEAK!!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise, you are not going to prove anything to me about whether or not it could have been pulled off. But get back to me when you have figured out how to rig the buildings exactly.

Well you're right about one thing. I'm sure there is no proof I can provide that would change your mind.

Ok think about this
They would need to gut the ENTIRE building to allow for charges to be places on every floor, then run wires to every charge. Every wall that blocked direct access to critical support structures, would need to be removed and re-installed.
I'm not sure why you would think this is possible without being seen?????
Have you ever been involved in even a minor remodel of a small area? If so, you would know how much debris would be generated.

You hypothesis simply doesn't make any sense.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

That being said, there's no evidence to support they planned and executed 9/11. If there were, I would not only be on the band wagon, but driving it !!!

There is plenty of evidence to tell you that they were well aware of it in advance, what does that tell you?

That tells me what I believed all along. That our current administration is so myopic and incompetent, 9/11 happened. They should all be jailed for gross incompetence as it relates to the deaths of more then 3000 people.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

So, knowing an attack would take place and then doing everything they could to help confuse the issue with training missions and taking away any would be rescue or interception, is incompetence and not complicity?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

So, knowing an attack would take place and then doing everything they could to help confuse the issue with training missions and taking away any would be rescue or interception, is incompetence and not complicity?

I believe information was available to them if they looked. My thought is that they simply didn't believe that it would really happen, just like everyone else in the United States who were in shock to see and hear it happen. So incompetence not complicity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join