It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Jesse Ventura Slams '911 Conspiracy Debunkers' for 30 Minutes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The real question is why did the United States Government, after it was made aware by numerous foreign intelligence operatives, completely ignore the information they were handed.

This is why:

There was an Agenda to place the Patriot Act into law.
There was an Agenda to reduce the power of the various states around Israel in order to position Israel as the prime power in the mid-east.
There was an Agenda to place the people of the United States under control, an extended Federal Control.

Once the right people knew what was planned, they decided to take advantage of the terrorist plan. All of the individuals who were aware of the terrorist action were immediately placed under Security restrictions. If they talk to anyone, they go to Levenworth, or worse, and any career they had hopes for is over, forever. The training programs were set up to throw real confusion into the mix and to give the terrorists a chance to succeed, that is why there were so many joint and separate training exercises that day. That is also why a certain someone was in position at one of the training command centers and another certain someone was off on a public appearance (distraction).

How do I know this stuff? ... read my name.

Now you all better ask yourselves over the next couple of years ... why does the military need hundreds of pounds of designer Anthrax for which only they have a cure?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
To address his point that since Osama hasn't been charged there must be something fishy going on,

I'm thinking just because Osama took credit for Al Qaeda planning the attacks does not mean that he himself planned them. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed admitted to masterminding the 9/11 attacks, along with 50 other terrorist attacks, so how could we charge Osama when we have someone telling us that THEY did it?

It doesn't mean that 9/11 was a coverup though. That's just bad reasoning.

Al-Qaida No. 3 says he planned 9/11

[edit on 9/13/2008 by InterestedObserver]

Perhaps then the President should not have told us that those wars were started to go get Bin Laden for what he did to us on 9/11. "Wanted dead or alive" remember? If your theory is true, the president is even more of a liar to the American people. Either Bin Laden should be charged or....we have no justification for being at war according to the presidents own words. Nice, now you gave me two reasons not to trust the government. Either they lied, or are lying. Pick the one you like best.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by realshanti

realshanti...check some of the History Channel shows, and get both sides.

Sorry, but a cleverly edited video with sound clips dedicated to the 'explosion' theory....just not credible, since as you know, anything can be edited to attempt to 'prove' a point of view.

I once saw a very clever video of Gov Bush debating himself, after he was 'appointed' President. Wish I knew where it is....funny as all get out

Yes, I have already seen these vids - I'm always interested in both sides...the video I recommended is not a "cleverly edited" prop piece...its mainly presented in lecture style - but you would have to actually watch it to get that content....if you did watch it and disagree with the content - well not much I can say about that...its always up to the individual to make up their mind...
I am extremely skeptical of the governments official story for many reasons not the least of which is the number of coincidences and "firsts" that seem to flow from 9/11...my other reason is much more personal:

My father was a member of Eisenhower's staff - head of the secretariat and a player at the SHAPE conferences after WWII in Paris - I can tell you for a fact that power and politics in the United States is one of the dirtiest, most corrupt , most murderous playing fields in the history of the world...at least it was 50 years ago and from where I sit it hasn't improved one iota....

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well done to him I say, he speaks his mind quite clearly unlike most current and former politicians.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

My God
*snip*.
You got to admire this guy. No fear for sure.
Peace
Kirky

MOD Note: Civility and Decorum Are REQUIRED

[edit on 9/14/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The whole 911 thing is a filthy mess, and filth and mess are spinning around still- like ticker tape blown out a window.
The best of us can only offer partial truths.

We have become so absurd that we cling to a hero out of one of the most demonstrably fake and stupid undertakings of modern times: politics and professional wrestling.

Having a man who hit other people with cardboard and styrofoam chairs ( all the while hoping that you- the viewer- would think that the chair was real and his opponent was really injured... is about like GW Bush saying, ' trust me- that guy is dangerous and we have to take him out... '

No insult to J Ventura- we all do as we feel we must.

I mention it only as an illustration as to how confused ( and thus ineffective ) we all are.

Interesting how many people believe that the powers that be are controlling everything... everything, that is, except for Ron Paul or J Ventura.

It doesn't matter if you are going to be the piano player- if you go to work in a whore house, you're going tits up sooner or later. This goes for RP and JV too.JV worked in the brothel for several years- RP for decades...

We ourselves may be incapable of doing the right thing, or getting the right advice. That's what's scary to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Dont want to post off topic and if anyone has read any of my post we all know I think the 911 conspiracy is BS. However, last night I was out and was talking to this lady. We were talking about politics and somehow got into talking about conspiracies. Now I live in southwest florida. Somehow we got to talking about 911. She told me that her ex boyfriend lived next to Mohammad Atta. She also went on to tell me the the United States government moved his family out the night before the attacks. I kept asking her if she meant that the USA moved Bin Ladens family out of the country after the attacks. She said no. It was late night sept 10 around 2 in the morning they moved Attas family and it was the US govenment. We went on to discuss what she thought happened. Whether the US govenment was behind it. She said no. THey just knew about it and let it happen. Now this lady was a little crazy.. She did pull out a cocktail of pills and took one. However she was extremely smart and seemed to know what she was talking about. I also told her I never heard of this. And I have heard all the stories. She told me hardly anyone knows that his family was actually living here too. She actually told me only about 4 people know about it. It is crazy and honestly has made me rethink this whole conspiracy thing. I would have posted this under its own thread but I cannot find where to post a new thread. Thought it was my duty to pass this own. Not sure how true it is. But if I didnt believe it I wouldnt post it. After all if you view any of my other post it is obvious I think the whole conspiracy thing is BS. Now I am not so sure.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hiyah DimesnionalDetective

Good find...one of my favorite lines in this whole thing...

"Why am I doing YOUR jobs (to the media)? Why am I investigating, and asking the questions that you should be asking and doing YOUR jobs? Why are YOU not asking ANY questions, why are you not asking the FBI why Osama has not even been charged for 9/11?"

And then the complete and UTTER silence, not ONE even BOTHERED to deny they aren't doing their jobs, OMG I was rolling!

Go JESSE go!!!!! MY HERO!!!! I loved the guy filming laughing occasionally at the idiocy of the "media" there

Starred Flagged and gobbled up like a good pot of coffee

[edit on 14-9-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i sincerely hope ventura is gonna run for presidency in 2012. maybe he will rock the boat.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
In my opinion people like Jessie are doing the same thing they claim to be against. Anyone who questions their theories is a neocon fascist. Which is basically the same thing as calling us unpatriotic. I find the whole thing pretty hypocritical.

From what I saw, Jesse was not claiming anyone was a "neocon fascist." In fact, he was not offering any "theories," just asking questions. How do you make a hypocrite out of that?

He did point out that a Nazi's methods were clearly used on us. If we asked any questions about 9/11 - which is rife with anomalous aspects - we were branded unpatriotic, told we were "helping the terrorists..." These are facts. He did not call anyone a "neocon fascist."

So I'm going to guess either you are still emotionally attached to believing that asking questions of this admin is unpatriotic, is helping the terrorists...

Or - you have an agenda here.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
But I don't believe the government would have gained anything by planning the 9/11 attacks.

Lessee... The "Patriot" Act was passed, torture was sanctioned, we were driven into two wars using it (and war suppliers are the only ones making out), national ID is coming, RFID chips are coming, Posse Commitatus was eliminated, "Enemy Combatants" were created, wire tapping has been sanctioned...

Nope. The PTB gained nothing.

A giant mess in the Middle East,

Profiting the war suppliers...

increased terror activity worldwide,

Promoted by whom, I wonder...

horrible approval ratings of the President, Vice President, Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, etc.,

What do they care? If they pull off another false flag operation, they can establish Martial Law and stay in power.

a depressed US economy,

Again, what do they care? Their war suppliers are making money, they have raped our founding documents, and so on. THEY're doing just fine. And... They don't care about the rest of us.

no positive legacy.

And again... What do they care?

Okay, you'll say "more control over the people", but really if that was their concern I think there would have been many more terror attacks to terrify Americans into surrendering ourselves to our government. Which has never happened.

You just said, "increased terror activity worldwide..." Too much too close to home and investigations would begin to pop up. Just reporting in dire tones suggesting we might be next is all they need. So actually, yes. It is happening now. Did you see that "tribute" shown at the RNC? The one that started out showing muslims as out to get us? There it is right in front of you.

So for the most part I believe what I SAW that day and that was a terrorist attack. I don't call it the "official story" I call it the truth. Now whether the Bush Administration had a plan ready in case of such an event that would allow us to invade the Middle East, that's a whole other story.

Given the very long list of improbabilities, odd behavior, anomalies, and so on, how can you say you know the "truth?"

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I saw this video the other day, really great speech with some excellent points.

Great illustration of what free speech is all about!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
Just because you don't believe that 9/11 was an "inside job", or that 9/11 wasn't a huge cover up doesn't mean that you don't have skepticism towards the "official" story. Quite frankly I think the 9/11 Truth movement has been very negative, blind, and has turned into a money making scheme.

As with most movements the 9-11 truth movements consists in the main of people who are sure that there is something very wrong about the official story ( call it instinct if you want) and are then for lack of proper general educations and misinformation from many channels moved to believe stories that are even stranger than the official one. Couple this with a the basics of a capitalist society where everyone is encouraged to make money off anything they can and you have a typical movement.

People making up ridiculous claims like demolition from their mothers basement, a set of UNCLASSIFIED documents and a copy of final cut pro are anything but experts.

'Ridiculous notions' largely being a function of one's own ignorance/knowledge i find it interesting that you think you are well enough informed to judge. Maybe we should discuss some details.

And when "experts" do have opinions on the matter, they usually don't have all of the data, and aren't experts in that particular area...

Because, presumably, experts are only believable when they agree with your view or that the government happens to propagate? Why are are experts disqualified from having expert opinions about the areas of their expertise?

for instance an Army bomb maker said it was impossible for Oklahoma city to have only had one bomb, when it actually...was just one bomb.

He said that it was impossible for it to be conventional explosives and just one bomb as it's size requirements would have made fusing it efficiently a job that only a highly trained individual could do. Basically he said it was a very small fusion/fission weapon that would enable that kind of damage at that distance.

The 9/11 Truth movement has become a joke by it's own doing, stop making up stupid theories shouting "inside job" and actually push for the release of videos in a professional manner that people can respect.

9-11 must have been a inside job of some kind by virtue of the planes not being shot down or taken over by the passengers. There are at least five relatively obvious facts that substansiates the basic idea of inside cooperation or protection

I like Jesse Ventura's politics, but when it comes to 9/11 Truth he's wacky.

It's strange that you can so easily separate the to not so exclusive things.

Even people like Ron Paul who acknowledge the military industrial complex don't believe this garbage.

Ron Paul has gone just far enough to point people in the right direction without seriously endangering his 'credibility' with the MSM.

Of course I'm going to get slammed for even saying this, because people in the 9/11 Truth movement can't say anything remotely intelligent and instead spout: "you'll see!" or 'you're a neocon, fascist fool"..

American 'politics' is truly fascinating.

.which is just an extension of why I don't take it seriously in the slightest along with all the scientific/forensic evidence.

Yes, why bother with evidence when you are right.

So as someone said before, Jesse is being a hypocrite in this regard, and if he'd not run his mouth about crazy stuff people would actually take him seriously enough to view the libertarian principals that he stands on seriously.

Oh, and by the way I'm a Libertarian, that is disgusted by how a few people with vivid imaginations can make the Libertarian cause be labeled as crazy, when really it's what this nation was founded on.

It's just about disgusting that your ignorance about 9-11 ( and no, being ignorant isn't a birth defect or moral/mental flaw) leads you to brand people as 'crazy' when they are merely better informed in themselves or more misinformed by the very same forces that came up with the original lies of the events surrounding 9-11.

Stellar

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join