It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Parliament Membr talks about Bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
European Parliament Member

In a shocking twist, the parliament member reveals that during a special meeting in parliament the Washington Center of Strategic Studies showed a manipulated Video of Bin Laden talking about something he had nothing to do with, namely a nuclear attack on Nato Headquarters -- they(Center of Strategic Studies) refuse to show the images of the manipulation.

Also in the above, information on the term Al'Qaeda, interestingly it is a term invented by the CIA and Bin Laden only used the term After 9/11, not before.

Visa's given easily to Terrorists are mentioned as well.

This clip is from the documentary:
Zero: An Investigation Into 9-11

To see a thread about the documentary go here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-9-2008 by talisman]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by talisman

They only used it after 9/11/01 huh?

Al Qaeda named in connection with USS Cole
archives.cnn.com...

Hmm, thats dated Dec 7, 2000....

Here is a copy of the 1998 indictment in US Federal Court...

www.fas.org...

So, here is an idea, go down to your local library and get into the periodicals from 1998-2000 and look for articles about Osama and Al Qaeda....THEN get back to us with your "the CIA invented the term Al Qaeda after 9/11"

xul

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

So, here is an idea, go down to your local library and get into the periodicals from 1998-2000 and look for articles about Osama and Al Qaeda....THEN get back to us with your "the CIA invented the term Al Qaeda after 9/11"

He didn't say that "the CIA invented the term Al Qaeda after 9/11". Read his post again.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

They only used it after 9/11/01 huh?

Al Qaeda named in connection with USS Cole
archives.cnn.com...

Hmm, thats dated Dec 7, 2000....

Here is a copy of the 1998 indictment in US Federal Court...

www.fas.org...

Bin Laden himself only used the term after 9/11. I am not talking about what the CIA said pre-9/11. We all know they used the term.

Don't you find it odd that Bin Laden went along with the term? So he decided to use a term that he didn't publicly use before 9/11, after 9/11?

I never said the CIA never used the term, but that they invented it. I was talking about when Bin Laden used it.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by talisman]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Then you better learn frigging arabic and start digging into Al Jazeera's archives. I am going to guess that is the only source on this that you will accept. Bin Laden referred to his base of operations and the men there as "Al Qaeda" (roughly "The Base") long before 9/11.

He didn't say that "the CIA invented the term Al Qaeda after 9/11". Read his post again.

I did read it....it is still as assinine now as it was the first time I read it.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Quit derailing the thread. This is very interesting and many people should read it.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Derailing the thread? How so? By throwing the BS flag on his assertions and pointing out where to find the answers? By what stretch of the imagination is that derailing the thread?

Osama Bin Laden used the term "Al Qaeda" back when he was creating his organization back in the flipping 80s.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Then you better learn frigging arabic and start digging into Al Jazeera's archives. I am going to guess that is the only source on this that you will accept. Bin Laden referred to his base of operations and the men there as "Al Qaeda" (roughly "The Base") long before 9/11.

I did read it....it is still as assinine now as it was the first time I read it.

We are told Bin Laden refers to Al'Qaeda, but he is not on record ever using the Term Publicly Pre-9/11

www.spiked-online.com...

'Bin Laden never used the term al-Qaeda prior to 9/11', Dolnik tells me.

So swamp can you get around the supposed idea of him using or inventing this term and show me a video clip where he himself uses this term pre-9/11?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So swamp can you get around the supposed idea of him using or inventing this term and show me a video clip where he himself uses this term pre-9/11?

No, actually YOU need to get around the idea. I've told you already where you can find the information you seek. If you choose to remain ignorant and continue to believe in pipe dream conspiracy theories, that is your perogative. I am done doing the research for conspiracy nuts.

Contrary to popular belief, EVERYTHING is not on youtube or elsewhere on the internet. Sometimes you have to go to more traditional sources.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

No, actually YOU need to get around the idea. I've told you already where you can find the information you seek. If you choose to remain ignorant and continue to believe in pipe dream conspiracy theories, that is your perogative. I am done doing the research for conspiracy nuts.

Contrary to popular belief, EVERYTHING is not on youtube or elsewhere on the internet. Sometimes you have to go to more traditional sources.

Show me where Bin Laden mentions Al'Qaeda pre-9/11 and stop asserting its there. At least I showed you a link. All you can refer to is what? Hearsay? Where on any tape, on any audio, do we see Bin Laden use the term Al'Qaeda pre-9/11?

The reason you tell me to go find it, is because of The fact YOU CAN'T-- show it, because it does not exist.

The Power Of Nightmares-BBC Documentary:
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

news.bbc.co.uk...

There is also no evidence that bin Laden used the term "al-Qaeda" to refer to the name of a group until after September the 11th, when he realized that this was the term the Americans had given it

[edit on 14-9-2008 by talisman]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Since you are locked into a belief that everything in the world is on the internet...

11 AUGUST 1988 Al-Qaeda is formed at a meeting attended by Bin Laden, Zawahiri and Dr Fadl in Peshawar, Pakistan. The creation of the group brings together extraordinary Saudi wealth, the expertise of a lifetime Egyptian militant, and a philosophical foundation for jihad from a Cairo intellectual

www.guardian.co.uk...

Feel better now?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Since you are locked into a belief that everything in the world is on the internet...

11 AUGUST 1988 Al-Qaeda is formed at a meeting attended by Bin Laden, Zawahiri and Dr Fadl in Peshawar, Pakistan. The creation of the group brings together extraordinary Saudi wealth, the expertise of a lifetime Egyptian militant, and a philosophical foundation for jihad from a Cairo intellectual

www.guardian.co.uk...

Feel better now?

No because I don't see Bin Laden using the term.That is just someone else saying such and such happened, that is NOT GOOD ENOUGH and IS NOT WHAT I AM ASKING OF YOU, Can you try again, not relying on hearsay and show me where Bin Laden uses the term "Al Qaeda" pre9/11.

Also if the above post of your link was true, the question would even become more interesting. If Al'Qaeda was invented in 1988 why did it take Bin Laden all the way until after 9/11 before he started using the term?!
Thats more then 13 years!

I am wanting it from the horses mouth, that is what I am asking.
It seems that the horse only makes reference himself to this group after 9/11.

All your doing is showing a history of Al'Qaeda, and then thinking that proves Bin Laden must have used the term. So then why did he not use it after the Cole?

Please try again, and show me where Bin Laden uses the term pre/911.

This is about BIN LADEN USING THE TERM.

In all recordings and writing of Bin Laden, he never refers to the term of Al'Qaeda before 9/11, why in his recordings after 9/11 did he suddenly "jump on the bandwagon"?

[edit on 15-9-2008 by talisman]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I figured you would object to that.

In all recordings and writing of Bin Laden, he never refers to the term of Al'Qaeda before 9/11, why in his recordings after 9/11 did he suddenly "jump on the bandwagon"?

And again, thats where you go wrong. So, once again, learn Arabic and start researching in Al Jazeera's archives. You will find your answers there.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I figured you would object to that.

And again, thats where you go wrong. So, once again, learn Arabic and start researching in Al Jazeera's archives. You will find your answers there.

Do you speak Arabic?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yes. (and sticking true to form, I cannot wait for all the toofers that will demand I perform for them). So, NOW, pretty please, with sugar on top, do some frigging research before you spout off conspiracy theories?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Yes. (and sticking true to form, I cannot wait for all the toofers that will demand I perform for them). So, NOW, pretty please, with sugar on top, do some frigging research before you spout off conspiracy theories?

Okay now kindly show where Bin Laden refers to Al'Qaeda pre-911, a video that is lurking 'out there' perhap?. Or admit that you can't.

I showed links saying he didn't by experts. All I see you doing is coming here and asserting your opinion as if your an expert. Please show it, or admit it isn't there. Not what someone else says, I want it from the "horses mouth."

[edit on 16-9-2008 by talisman]

new topics

top topics

join