It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you Love American?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ok, I’m not going for a cheap spin on someone else's thread.
Though it may seem so, No, I truly want to know why people say they *Love* America.

I read through this thread by scrambledeggs.
I posted on it.
I read post after post but still, I'm left wondering...

Why do people love America?

And, it was dunwhichwitch’s post that really was the protagonist for me to start this thread.

Why do you love America? Has America listened to your personal problems when you were down? Can you call America when you are feeling lonely? Does America cuddle you on the couch at night while keeping you company as you watch a cheesy horror movie?

And yeah, I noticed a number of people who got all up in arms spitting scratching and cussing while defending the good ol’USA - but not giving a clue why - other than - “I was born there”...

So give it up!

Why do you Love America?

...no harm in asking...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

"American" tends to be a secondary identification for me. But here's my .02:

I have no love for the government at all. THey are, IMO, of the worst variaty of criminal, and the blood that has been shed at their hands is apalling.

But that is not to say that I have anything against the average Joe.

So I will say that I am not proud of our goernment, or a good part of the nation's history. But, the general people are only tangentially to blame for that. I judge whether I like them on an individual basis.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So why do I love American?

Just by the title I will answer...

I love American style because its the best style there is. Hard, brutal, man- handling of the weakness of femininity of the Universe.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I love the Southwest United States, mainly because of the wonderful Mexican people, their food and culture. Their presence makes up for all of the Yankee Carpetbaggers that migrated here during the late 1970s when all of the large corporations moved their jobs here.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am proud to be American for several reasons.

My ancestry for starters. They were there from the beginning. Made a living through some pretty rough and hard times but survived and strived to be the best.

They proved that everything is possible and if you work hard you can get whatever you want. They trekked from Virginia all the way to Texas and settled in Louisiana. There are things I am not so proud of but on the whole they endured things that we have no idea of.

They were free. More free than I will ever be.

My ancestors fought in every war and will always be remembered for their contribution to ensure that we can enjoy the freedom afforded by them.

I am proud of the Constitution. It was written by good men who wanted the best for their people. Who understood that Government is not infallible and that the Government is there for the people and not the other way round. Something that was never done before or since. Revolution normally brings chaos and they stayed well clear of that and shaped a Nation that many looked to for inspiration ever since. Yes, even today.

I am proud that they did away with a Monarch because he was unjust by rising up against him.

Justice above all. Freedom above all and it makes me sad that these ideals are dead and forgotten in all but name.

Edited to change an I to it.

[edit on 13/9/08 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Let me elaborate of the man handling style.

French...Move!
Indians...Move!
British...Move!
Mexicans...Move!
Africans...Move over here!
Eskimos...your with us.
Hawaii...Your with us. too
Korea... Blaow!
Vietnam...Blaow!
Germany..Blaow!
Japan...Blaow!
Afganistan...Don't move stay right there...Blaow!
Iraq...Stop, wait, Blaow!
Iran... Stop, wait, ...

[edit on 13-9-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

I am proud of the Constitution. It was written by good men who wanted the best for their people. Who understood that Government is not infallible and that the Government is there for the people and not the other way round. Something that was never done before or since. Revolution normally brings chaos and they stayed well clear of that and shaped a Nation that many looked to for inspiration ever since. Yes, even today.

Beautiful post, thank you.
I agree with you - it’s so sad - the last part you wrote.

Justice above all. Freedom above all and I makes me sad that these ideals are dead and forgotten in all but name.

Thanks again.

...hand over the heart...

[edit on 13-9-2008 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I love America for its goals of freedom, justice and opportunity.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

You do know that America was started by Freemasons/ the "Illuminati", as basically a giant mind control experiment...and that from the beginning, freedom was an illusion... right? African Americans were property of rich white men, women were property of white men, children have never really had any rights, and nowadays basically ever since the foundation of this country we've been owned by banking cartels and corporations. So.... all those "freedoms" you speak of are privelidges given to us by the Multinational Corporations and the World Bank to which we are enslaved to, only because it is convenient for them and makes them more powerful.

Why do you think Adolf Hitler admired America so much?

Pride is not really the best quality to have, despite what they tell you. It makes arrogance and ignorance an extreme likelihood. I'm not saying you are any of the two... but a thought to consider, is all...

[edit on 13-9-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'd also like to mention that, more and more, I am against rallying around anything except sentient beings and the gift of life. Life is worth being proud of. Anything that limits or blankets life, in my opinion, should be destroyed.

Let life be as it is, not as it is named.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

I understand what you are saying and I can honestly say that am not arrogant. I believe that Americans should listen openly to criticism and learn from it.

I do disagree with you on that we were always mind controlled. I think we are at this moment in time, but I have extensively investigated my family history and found no evidence of that.

Slavery is what I was referring to in my previous post as something I am not proud of (in fact very ashamed would be better) but I would also say that all affluent and ruling nations were guilty of that at that time so the USA should not be singled out for that.The treatment of African-Americans after slavery, until the early sixties, is something should be arguably be more ashamed of in my view as there is simply no rationalization possible for that.

However, this thread is focussed on the good things that America stands (stood) for and what we should be proud for.

In that spirit I am still proud!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sedona Arizona

Flagstaff Arizona

Newport Beach California

Lake Tahoe Nevada

Hollywood

The RedWood Forrest

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Oops, well those are but a handful of places I have lived in my life time as an American. (Kids made me accidentally click send post)But you get the picture...

Yet it is not the places as much as it is our rich and abundant heritage, the culture here can be found no where else, we truly are a melting pot.

The thing I love most is the freedom to just pack up your family and take off across country to sight see. You can go from the warm sunny beach to the ski slopes within a matter of minutes or a few short hours.

I know that if you get caught up in the political unrest and some of the other matters that seem like negatives, you miss the point.

We have a great life here and all the freedoms that come with living in a western civilized society.

The people are beautiful and diverse as well, they are from every class and type you can imagine, you have the very wealthy, the bikers, the middle class, blue collar, the surfers and the lowriders, rappers, you name it we have it. And you can walk into certain places like the Hard Rock Cafe, and find all of the types having a good time together.

Here there is solitude and high mountain retreats as well as crowded cities and bustling metropolitans, its your choice, nature or Rodeo drive.

One other thing is that we have every religion in the world, every political affiliation, every one is free to choose. I love that about us.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Love implies always a come on the mind being wonderful pleasant thoughts.

Are there those thoughts on mind about America?

No. America is divided. Half wont stand up. Half cross and betray the other half.

Only one doing something is me alone. But how can I be on my on mind? I'm not, but my actions are. My actions are wonders wonderful and great mysteries. American mysteries they are. So my American actions I can only love. If you saw a frozen human, can you love it? No! Actions only one can love, not the so still person.

My America is my actions, not ppl. American ppl are not my America.

My actions are the actual America.

The U.S. is a government union nowhere near America the ppl, but consisting being apart of those ppl.

If you dont like the ppl who run it, then that tells you you dont like the American ppl. A government is a representation of the ppl such as the American ppl.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Sorry but I really don't understand what you are saying. I hope you can clarify as I want to understand.

No offense.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

I'd also like to mention that, more and more, I am against rallying around anything except sentient beings and the gift of life. Life is worth being proud of. Anything that limits or blankets life, in my opinion, should be destroyed.

Dare I say Amen?

All kidding aside - agreed.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

(Kids made me accidentally click send post)But you get the picture...

Thank the kids for me.
I sometimes forget how beautiful She (America) is.
Loving the Land?
Yes, I can understand that - and do in fact love THE LAND.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My answer is simple. I love America for its potential.

It is easy to point out what I think is right in America and say that is why I love America, but the same can be said about any other country. It is easy to love all that is right and harmonious. It takes true love to love in spite of and because of its failures.

America has been hijacked.

Its Government has been hijacked.

Its Economy has been hijacked.

Its Culture has been hijacked.

Its Moral has been hijacked.

It is for these reasons I love America, Not because it has been hijacked but because I seen many many people coming out to stand against what is happening. People always talk about the awakening that is happening around the world, the awakening of people to a higher level. I also see an American awakening. The people of America are starting to wake up and see the faults within their country. This awakening in America is why I love it so much.

With all the faults in america right now and with the rich and elite trying to muscle in on American Politics and Economy, it would be easy for every American to bury their head in the sand and let it happen. Lets not twist things, those that are trying to subvert America at the highest levels are not stupid. They know that cheap entertainment and false media would be enough to get most to look the other way, but they are doing other things and spending lots of money. The awakening has started and it is spreading like wildfire and that is what I love.

If we take back what is rightfully ours the potential for America has no boundries and to me that is wonderful. I have seen the compassion, the morals, and the general feeling of "neighborly love" from my Fellow Americans and you have to. It's simple to remember and if you dont please allow me to point it out to you. September 12, 2001 to about January 1, 2002. That is the America I know we are capably of and most importantly that is the America I love.

Just remember that the most dangerous animal in the world is a rudely awakened Sheeple with an attitude.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Its a decent question and its interesting to see the various responces by people who both love the US and those that hate it.

America or the US is a country unlike many others. The mixing pot concept is no joke and it effects our perceptions and world view (its also what makes our culture so pervasive and adoptable but thats a topic for another thread). Also the relative young age of the country also effects ones perceptions. Europe, China et al, have far more history to draw upon than our relativly new and upstart country.

Non Americans seem to have a hard time understanding this. When an American shows the same patriotism and nationalism that a citizen of a European country shows, they are mocked and ridiculed.

American is my home, my country, my land. I feel the same pride and "love" any other citizen feels for thier country of origin. You take the good with the bad, the ups with the downs IMHO

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I love America because of Hooters; a place a male can go to; to eat crappy wings and drink cheap beer and be served by women with short orange shorts trying not to insult you because you have a huge beer gut and smell of work and sweat, all but trying to see nipple under her low cut top........

top topics

<<   2 >>

join