It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when was christianity established???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i am a christian and i believe all that sh*t and etc...

when Christ died and His followers romed the world spreading faith, when did they form a religion???

ET3

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Christianity as we know it today started with the formations of sects and �churches�. The Way of the Holy Ones of God became that of solitude, and death when found. But if these are the so-called last days you may soon discover who these true �Christians� really are.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i am a christian and i believe all that sh*t and etc...

when Christ died and His followers romed the world spreading faith, when did they form a religion???

Acts 11:25 Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:

Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

It's estimated that Jesus was crucified around 26-36 A.D.

Here is an approximate timeline of the above scriptural account that should help answer your question:

36-65?A.D. --Oral period in Christianity between Jesus & Gospel of Mark, recorded
in Acts: Simon-Peter as leader? (1st Pope?), John, James, Andrew, Philip,
Thomas, Bartholomew, Matthew, James son of Alpheus, Simon the Zealot, Judas
son of James, Mary the mother of Jesus, Jesus' brothers, sisters, various
women; only 120 initial believers; Judas Iscariot
commits "suicide"; Matthias voted replacement; 3000
new converts in 1 day?; Peter & John jailed for 1 night for causing
riots, converts increase to 5000?; Ananias and Sapphira die under
mysterious circumstances after not giving *all* their possessions;
Aramaic and Greek in use early on; 7 Greeks added to 12
Apostles: Stephen, Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, Nicolaus; initially only 1 "church" (Greek ekklesia:G1577 most likely just an
assembly rather than a formal church), in Jerusalem; Paul of Tarsus, prior
to conversion, has Stephen martyred & the Jerusalem "church" destroyed, the
original Christians disperse throughout Judea & Samaria ; Paul con-
verts to "Apostle to the Gentiles" and main activity of Christianity shifts
from "Jewish-Christians" of Judea and Galilee (Nazarenes & Ebionites) to
"Gentile-Christians" led by Paul & his Patroness [Rm16:2 prostatis] Phoebe;Nazarenes
www.kfu.com...

On another note, I was just wondering why you chose to identify yourself as a "Christian" but then finish your statement by saying you believe in "all that # and etc." Are you Christian by birth or choice? I, personally, don't believe in organized religion, but I was raised as a Christian. It seems like if you have chosen a specific religion to follow, you would speak about it with some reverence.

I don't mean to offend you. I just like to understand people's motivations for doing things, so don't feel like you have to answer if you don't want to.

ET3

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Interesting take and points of view on the bit of history presented.

I just like to understand people's motivations for doing things, so don't feel like you have to answer if you don't want to.

Care to share the reason for the avatar? Great butt! Now there is an image I could discuss religion with all night long.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Depending on how one defines "Christianity", it was established from the foundation of the world, if one has eyes to see.

new topics

top topics

join