It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!NEW! Another huge structure on the Moon? !NEW!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
What am I missing here??
What am I supposed to see?

Man these anomaly posts have me dumbfounded.
It's like finding Waldo at a stripped shirt convention.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

That is strange, that page is safe, what anti-virus do you have?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

If you are still here, could you please explain us why that photo looks like a composite of two photos, one with the light coming from the left and other with the light coming from the right?

Thanks.

PS: I may post in a thread about the Lick Observatory and its archives.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I'm not sure if I see that Armap, The craters on the left edge of the picture and the right edge of the picture both appear to me to be lit from the left? I can't see either half of this picture having a different light source. I do see a couple of craters that could possibley be lit from either direction but they could just be deep. Can you point our the bit you think shows the images being stitched together?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Good find by the OP!

The shadow in the OPs image doesn't seem to conform with the object! Strange. Probably there's more there than we can see due to the L/S effect.

In the image you linked to, here's an object that looks quite geometrical. Strange for a natural formation, what?

And ArMaP, you're right when you mentioned that the sun seems to be in different directions in the first image you posted.
Probably domes, not craters in the other half?!!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
My AntiVirus also went nuts on that link you posted. I'm running Avast. Just thought i'd mention...

Nice find by the way! Although I dont see what ArMap see's with the light on two sides. Just from the left from what I can see.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
See, my only issue is that at this point we've seen so many formations made from the Earth itself that are totally crazy and from space would look un-natural that it's extremely hard for me to look at any of these moon anomalies and say they're artificial.

Anomolies yes, artificial, no. At least, not until there's a ground based photo.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EternalThought

You mean this?

Now we need to find out if the sun is toward the left or the right. If the former, then it's a crater. If toward the right, then it gets more interesting - a dome like feature with two dark spots that are either boulders or caves.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Probably domes, not craters in the other half?!!

That's what's come to my mind at first! Though I must admit that it's strange.

It really looks like a crater.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Math(s)ew]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I saw that same structure in a grouping of rain clouds....I also see a big doggy and a kitty cat if I look just right....

It's just moonscape people. Work with me here!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So, not to "toot your own horn" (or Leer's for that matter) but all that wonderful research done years ago with attached photo's of said research, certianly you have postulated conclusions as to what these "anomolies" are or could be, so why dont you share your conclusions with the rest of us instead of "sighing" about someone linking YOUR work with out proper credit given.

Just what did you accomplish with that "work" or research? What are we looking at?

(please for give my wording, as I am not personally "attacking" you, just questioning "your research")

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This is the picture of Archimedes taken in 1946 showing three distinct objects. A tower, Mt Piton and a structure named the Beehive. What is interesting is that none of the objects appear in photographs of the region taken by Apollo 15 in July 1971. In fact, the Beehive structure in the Apollo image has been replaced by half a crater! How do you get half a crater?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just because something looks like man/alien made structure, doesn't mean it is. There are weird and crazy shapes everywhere in nature.

Here's another SILLY example
www.break.com...enisberg-ahead570777.html
Just because this looks like a particular object, does it mean it is?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Steve B

I don't see anything that shows that this are two images stitched together, only that the shadows are not from the same direction.

In this image you can see Aristoteles (on top) and Eudoxus, with the shadows on the right side, showing that the light is coming from the right.

And here you can see Archimedes (on the bottom left), Aristillus (on the top) and Autolycus, with the shadow on the left side for Archimedes, showing that the light is coming from the left.

The fact that Aristillus and Archimedes appear black may mean that the light was very low, and that would explain the long shadow being cast by Mons Piton.

For those with ideas about domes, these are all know as craters.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
For those with over-reacting anti-virus that can not see that page, here is an image of the page.

Edit: the link that says "Larger version of above by Jim Ferreira" points to this image

[edit on 14/9/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

nice ! photo Zorgon,

I leave you all with a final image of the Full Moon

Zorgon...lol

[edit on 14-9-2008 by easynow]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alter-Ego What are we looking at?

YOU are looking at rocks... nothing but rocks... so all you will see is rocks...
Other than that the rest of your post is worthless

Had you listened to anything in any posts I made you would know my conclusions... but since do didn't, telling YOU anything would be equally pointless

The 'sigh' was for haveing to go over the same material once again because people don't bother to use the search feature... Anyone is free to use any of my material they wish... but is a person is unsure of the source of that image... when it is CLEARLY posted at my site... seems to me a comment is in order...

Now go crawl back under a Moon Rock

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Alter-Ego What are we looking at?

YOU are looking at rocks... nothing but rocks... so all you will see is rocks...
Other than that the rest of your post is worthless

Sorry you feel that way, I must not be the only person who thinks your full of crap judging by your emotional responce.

Had you listened to anything in any posts I made you would know my conclusions... but since do didn't, telling YOU anything would be equally pointless

Huh? Makes about as much sense as your OTHER emotional reply.

The 'sigh' was for haveing to go over the same material once again because people don't bother to use the search feature... Anyone is free to use any of my material they wish... but is a person is unsure of the source of that image... when it is CLEARLY posted at my site... seems to me a comment is in order...

Now go crawl back under a Moon Rock

While I was careful to point out that I was not attacking you, Im sure you feel justified with your juvinile "comments" just because you put an EMO-ticon at the end of your drivel. I will gracefully bow out of this "emotionally baited" arguement, because its not fair to enter a battle of witts with an unarmed man.

Here is a nice parting gift of wisdom for even the most weathered researcher:

"..you can shine a turd as much as you want...at the end of the day its still a turd. " (OR A ROCK)

Good day, sir.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alter-Ego

It is very sad to se someone like you, who has been a member of this forum just a few days, come in here and treat a well respected and long time member in such an appaling way.
Zorgon has contributed an enormous amount of images, documents and information on this forum for a long, long time. There are many of us here who are very grateful for all his hard work.
Please don't speak to Zorgon that way. I ask you politely. It's OK if you disagree with him, but please treat him with the respect he deserves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join