It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four truly classic UFO videos..any explanations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Heres four classic UFO videos from the U.S.,has there been any credible,reasonable,plausible explanations for whats been filmed here?
They certainly don´t look like balloons,kites,flares,swamp gas,planets,lenticular clouds,helicopters,satellites or Chinese lanterns to me:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
Cheers Karl

[edit on 01/12/01 by karl 12]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Anyone out there care to hazard a guess as to whats been filmed in the above videos?
Constructive,objective comments or wild eyed speculation welcomed.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yeah, i saw the same thing but it was green instead of red. The one i saw was back in January and left a green streak when it took off at incredible speed.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

i think Mike Hawkins has been labeled a Hoaxer...

i posted some pics from him and you can see here what happened...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
those tapes are not classics.. .. especially the ones from hawkins... he has been proven to be a hoaxer ... hell.. he even makes his own little models.. to photo...basically all of the videos.. were nothing but lights in the dark... hardly anything worth giving a second thought about.. they could be anything... very poor... quality.. to call them classics is a joke.. there just plane bad examples of ufo vids..

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf
those tapes are not classics.. .. especially the ones from hawkins... he has been proven to be a hoaxer ... hell.. he even makes his own little models.. to photo....

Are you not getting confused with Ed Walters?
www.ufoevidence.org...
To me these videos,if not conclusively proved hoaxes that is,look quite remarkable.
Especially specific clips where one object merges into two and another where one object seemingly ejects a smaller one.
A pox on hoaxers if I am wrong but I think these vids deserve to be unequivocably and irrefutably debunked before just being flippantly disregarded.
Do you have any links to post that show this?
Cheers Karl

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by karl 12

i think Mike Hawkins has been labeled a Hoaxer...

i posted some pics from him and you can see here what happened...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Easynow thanks for the reply,I know that a chap from Gulf breeze called Ed Walters has been labelled a hoaxer but didn´t know anyone had conclusively disproved Mike Hawkin´s footage.
The videos look quite genuine to me and I´d be interested to hear if anyone has further info or can replicate the footage.
Cheers Karl

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Sorry to rain on your parade, but the videos themselves are of low quality and little value - there are much better videos out there.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Smugello,I´d have to respectfully disagree with your opinion on this footage having ´little value´.
Underneath the respective videos are the timeframes for the objects I mean.
You may (or may not) have missed them the first time but it could be worth a second look.
Cheers Karl

www.youtube.com...
0:50 to 1:12

www.youtube.com...
1:22

www.youtube.com...
3:40

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Smugello,I´d have to respectfully disagree with your opinion on this footage having ´little value´.

Well, what value do they have? What do they add to the UFO discussion? What additional details or truths do they reveal? That there may be odd things floating around in the sky? Well, duh!

We already know that people are seeing and experiencing odd things, among them unknown lights and objects in the sky. But I sure don't know what they are. It's easy (if you have no imagination) to jump to a conclusion that they're alien intelligences from other planets. I don't, however, see any reasonable connection between these things and hypothetical aliens, any more than hypothetical time travelers, demons or angels, thought projections, or anything else. As far as I know about these specific videos, they could be hoaxes, unusual weather phenomena, private or military tests of some kind, or something entirely else.

Do these videos do anything, anything at all, to help narrow down that range of explanations? Because if not, they're just more junk to pile on the heap. I don't see any particular value in them.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Nohup Thanks for the reply,as we are posting on a UFO board I would hope the thread would add to the objective discussion of the subject.
We all know small minded UFO cynics out there often bemoan the fact that theres no real evidence for UFOs (often blatantly ignoring ground trace evidence,multiple corellated radar evidence,expert eyewitness testimony from trained professionals,government documentary evidence etc..) so,whilst theres no unequivocable proof in the public domain, theres still reason to post videos of such objects and engage in impartial speculation and conjecture as to what they may be.
I`m sure your quite a mature,fair person and you may be right that the videos in question could be hoaxes,anomalous weather phenomenon or military misidents but it doesn´t look to be the case to me (I could of course be wrong).
Cheers Karl

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
We all know small minded UFO cynics out there often bemoan the fact that theres no real evidence for UFOs (often blatantly ignoring ground trace evidence,multiple corellated radar evidence,expert eyewitness testimony from trained professionals,government documentary evidence etc..) so,whilst theres no unequivocable proof in the public domain, theres still reason to post videos of such objects and engage in impartial speculation and conjecture as to what they may be.

That's all well and good, but these specific videos, which in my opinion are by no means "classic," don't really do any more to encourage speculation and conjecture than any other photo or video.

Also, at this particular time in the history of UFO study, I wonder if speculation and conjecture has any real value to it, or whether it's only more of the tail wagging the dog. I consider myself relatively familiar with the quality and amount of available evidence, and I can conjecture with the best of them.

But at the end of the day, I'm no closer to any real understanding of the phenomenon than I was at the beginning. After a half century or more, the evidence -- such as the videos you presented -- still comes up woefully short, and the best conjecture and speculation is still beat out by "I don't know."

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Nohup-thanks for the reply,I tend to agree with most of your
comments in your last post but think the object featured at 0:42 in the below video is quite an exceptional one and,at the least,deserves attention (and possible video analysis) by the members on this board.
www.youtube.com...
Cheers Karl

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
He takes a battery powered light source and attaches it to a remote control helicopter or anything really and walla~! you have a UFO!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
He takes a battery powered light source and attaches it to a remote control helicopter or anything really and walla~! you have a UFO!

Nephatari
Thanks for the reply,I think its been conclusively proved that Ed Walters from the Gulf Breeze area was engaged in hoaxing using various toys etc.. but his videos were quite clearly fakes anyway.
As for this footage NOT shot by him,the two different objects shown at the timeframes underneath don´t appear to be remote controlled helicopters with torches sellotaped on top to me.

Object 1 at 1:22
www.youtube.com...

Object 2 at 0:42
www.youtube.com...

Cheers Karl

new topics

top topics

join