It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin expects new US president to improve ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Putin expects new US president to improve ties

www.washingtontimes.com

MOSCOW (AP) - Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said he expects the next U.S. administration to improve the two countries' strained relations and urged Washington to remember that "mutual interests outweigh some disagreements" during global crises.

"This was so in World War I and World War II. We in Russia have never forgotten this. We would like our American partners to remember this as well," Putin was quoted as saying in an interview published Saturday in the French daily Le Figaro.

A Russian transcript was posted on the government's Web site.

"During (Abraham) Lincoln's time, a U.S. statesman who was secretary of state at the time said that we (Americans) prefer relations with Russia to relations with all other European countries if only because Russia always wishes us well," Putin said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Of course, Mr. Putin relations should improve, provided Americans rally for real change and elect a president who will abandon the failed policies of the exiting Bush administration.

I think it is safe to say that much of the FREE world will agree that following the Bush administration almost everything will improve in the USA and much of the world... Then again, the election isn't over yet.

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
That is quite nice of them to say. I did not know they had it in them to say that. Hopefully the next president of this country can represent the U.S. well and delegate for all of us when saying we want more friends than enemies, which obviously includes big powers such as Russia.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah like this will happen.

Obama and McCain have Brewzinski as their foreign advisors, strongly anti-Russian and pro-missile shield.

Especially McCain, the crazy extremist compare to Obama.

The only way to avoid escalating this crisis further is if the US do a revolution or the leaders are too concentrated on the home front (economic collapse, civil war, martial law) or in the middle-east (iran war, draft, ect..) or of course, there's a zombie outbreak.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hey. You never know. Hope is the best thing for us besides or prior to action. Since none of us are in the seats of decision and power, the best aspect of humanity right now is hope that we will make amends for the good.

However, if we come together, we are the power so...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am not American, but British, and I would far rather see Russia and America 'getting along' and co-operating with each other than driving a new arms race and maybe confronting each other militarily.

The two superpowers could accomplish far, far more by working together than by being at each other's throats all the time.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old Man
I am not American, but British, and I would far rather see Russia and America 'getting along' and co-operating with each other than driving a new arms race and maybe confronting each other militarily.

The two superpowers could accomplish far, far more by working together than by being at each other's throats all the time.

Exactly. We at least have proof now that Russia wants or looks forward to resolving any diplomatic issues with the U.S. (putting all conspiracies aside).

Also, (putting conspiracies back into perspective) now if something does occur between the U.S. and Russia, who is more likely to blame?

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I wouldn't like to say who is more likely to blame. But one thing I know......in any kind of 'relationship'.........whether strong or weak, and whether it involves two people or two nations.........far more can be accomplished by working together than by confronting each other.

It's so simple, a child could understand it.

We've already been down that road of 'face-off', mutually assured destruction, and the like. Many times. It happens all the time......between nations and between individuals. It saps resources and finances.

It's simple logic to me, at least. Don't know why others can't see it.

Stop the world...........I want to get off

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yeah I guess your right. Blame game does not work but I was just implying the U.S. is to be blamed for a fail relationship. No sense in bickering. The fact that we are all humans (I think) and we should all work to strive for the BEST world we can create TOGETHER. Compeltely support that idea.

Ever heard of nash equilibrium?

new topics

top topics

join