It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next POPE as The Beast/666 in Revelation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
otherwise, he told the apostles to do this in memory of me, and this sacrafice was prophecied to be the clean offering spread throughout the world.

Do you have any biblical references?

[come out of her]
how has the whore of babylon [become] inhabited by devils?

Simply by the infiltration of non-biblical teachings, and the corruption of the Bible.

Do you f.ex. think that the manifestations of Maria are from God? What about stigmata?

how or why would the kings [hate] the harlot?

That is a thing that hasn't been fulfilled yet!

I think it would happen when the 10 new countries are added into the EU, and after they have elected their president (the next pope). To 'hate' and 'make her desolate' could mean that the pope only would consentrate on politics, and not on the catholic church and its priorities. The popes are using the church to make the next pope a good candidate for the presidency. John Paul II are for instance doing great diplomatic work to make the pope a credible candidate.

your passage, is about babylon, not the whore of babylon, but the city.

peace

The whore and the city (Babylon) are the same!
Rev 17,18: "And the woman whom thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth. "

Wouldn't this be the Vatican City? Isn't it both a church (woman), and a city?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
So many people do not realise that Russia will play an important role in the end of times...concerning the whole world....

It is definately an interresting thought. I personally think Russia were supposed to lead a great army towards Israel/Jerusalem, and loose. Russia may be the land of Gog and Magog described in the Bible. I have no further ideas on when this war is supposed to be. Maybe the war has already been... Ezekiel chapter 38.

Russia have no chance to reach the same level of power as the United States and the European Union have, and is therefore outruled of the endtime-prophecies in the Bible. Russia may be a part of the great war at Armageddon when the 200 million-army from the East are gathered to fight against Jesus Christ.

The red dragon fits in in my theory as the Roman Empire. The dragon gave power to the beast = The Roman Empire gave power to the papacy. This is historically proved and is described in Revelation chapters 12 and 13.

otherwise

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
intresting theory, i still think the anti christ was Nero, his name in latin in arameic numbers = 666, however there is speculation the number is 616

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well, it seems like this particular 666-theory in its original form went straight down the sewerage system when Benedict XVI became the new pope...

But there are still possibilities that this theory could be fulfilled. Benedict XVI could either change his name to something containing 1 behind it, or he could be dethroned as an antipope...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join