It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O Canada! How are your politics going?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just heard about a political advert, about a bird pooping on the opponent.

The conservative party, who authored the advert, pulled it, with an apology.

Seems so....erm....civilized, compared to the US.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The politicians are just as rotten and self-serving though. Personally, I wish they would just be killing each other off to get on top.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Sounds a little too much like the fictional 'Klingons'.

Seems an enlightened society wouldn't resort to that...but of course, you were joking....weren't you?

From my perspective, as a current resident of the USA...our Political process seems to have been tainted, long ago....decades ago.

But, back to the point...I'd like to hear from Canadians, about the current politics in your Country. Tired of hearing about America's foibles.

Or, open up, everyone!! This is an International forum, after all.

I'm just tired of posts that center (or 'centre') on everything American.

Although I was born and raised here (four decades) the United States is not the ONLY country on this planet. Tough talk, I know....but times, they are a'changin'!!

The era of 'Nation-States' will pass...not in my lifetime, I am not that naiive.

I think, the influence of the Internet....only being around for about a fifth of a normal human lifespan, so far, is going to revolutionize how Humans interact, in generations to come.

Just please, all....remember to keep your human integrity intact....use the technology, but remember to stay true to each other as well...there is a balance, it's possible.

join