It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rampant Abuse Includes 'Sex Club' For Six Year Olds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Rampant Abuse Includes 'Sex Club' For Six Year Olds

www.news.com.au

THREE boys aged six ran a sex club at a Brisbane state school demanding and receiving sexual favours from Year 2 classmates.

One outraged father claimed yesterday the school did not bother to tell him for more than a week that his son was involved.

He spoke out as similar stories emerged at state schools on the Gold and Sunshine coasts and Cairns, which indicate the sexual abuse of young students by other school children appears rampant.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
What is going on? This is simply astounding!

Can we blame the media for this? Has the sexualization of children become so ingrained in children that this sort of behaviour is becoming the norm? I know that when I was a child, I was witness to certain aspects of the media that were sexualized and I didn't go to school and start a 'Sex Club.' The predatory nature of the children responsible for these atrocious crimes doesn't seem like something one would pick up watching a Britney Spears video or playing with Bratz dolls. I think a thorough investigation of the perpetrators backgrounds will show evidence of abuse outside of school. But the widespread nature of these crimes and their similarities are disconcerting.

As a parent who is going to have children enter the education system in a few years, I am terrified. I'm starting to think home-schooling may be the only option.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
i think the availability of information from the internet and media and the sexualisation of our culture mixed with breakdown of parent awareness have a huge impact over this.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
OMG!
That's all i have to say! Words just escape me.
And in BRISBANE!!

It's like something from a Law and Order episode...

[edit on 13/9/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Soz..

[edit on 13/9/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join