It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circles - Bedford,IN - 12+ formed during day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Crop circles - Bedford,IN - (1) size of football field
www.tmnews.com...

(This is 3 miles from my house)
Picture at link
BEDFORD — A rare and “pretty” sight was on display for people gathered in a Bedford cornfield last night, said Bedford Police Department dispatcher Mark Duncan.

“It’s the weirdest looking thing I’ve ever seen in my life,” he said of about a dozen circles and other, stranger shapes created by flattened corn. About two acres of 8-foot high corn — hundreds of dollars’ worth — are flattened to the ground “as tight as can be,” with curved ends that make the circles resemble bowls, Duncan said.

“I don’t think it was a person who did this,” he said. The largest circle is at least the length of a football field, he added.

The first call about the strange crop circles, or weather circles as Duncan called them, came in to dispatch Friday afternoon. He believes the crop shapes are weather-related and hopes to call in someone from the weather service to see the cornfield, which is on Sandpit Road just off Mitchell Road. The area got rain, he said, but not severe weather.

“We’ve had lots of traffic problems,” Duncan said about 9 p.m. Friday, with all the curious people stopping to see the flattened corn, which is on a privately owned farm.

Note:I will try to get some better pictures. I was told this happened in the middle of the day. I have a friend that works for the county highway dept and he said they were not there in the morning when he went to work. He said he would have noticed it. 8 foot tall corn just went flat.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Yeh more photos of this would be great!
see what it actually looks like from above!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Excellent find... love the explanation in the story "weather related" LOL love to see what weather phenomenon causes that.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by aceace

I don't mean to be off-topic but why did you create a new thread after the first one on the same topic and in exactly the same way?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by irevolution
reply to post by aceace

I don't mean to be off-topic but why did you create a new thread after the first one on the same topic and in exactly the same way?
Because I couldn't find it after posting it originally. I had put it in general conspiracy and thought it was in this one. I deleted the other one to fix this. I drove down there, these are not circles like the crop circles we know of. This was more of a joke. 1. It was not 8ft tall corn (like the article stated) it was wheat. There were no patterns, it was random chaos. Yet there were 20 or so cars pulled off along the road snapping pictures. I should mention that the road beside these randomly chaotic patterns sits up higher than the fields, to where you look down on the fields. What a waste of time...

top topics

join