It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF radar chief: I saw UFO fleet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

RAF radar chief: I saw UFO fleet

www.thesun.co.uk

AN RAF expert yesterday revealed how he tracked a whole fleet of “spaceships” on military radar — but the Ministry of Defence told him to keep quiet.

Wing Commander Alan Turner, 64, said colleagues sat stunned when 35 super-fast vessels appeared on their screens.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This is fantastic.

How much longer can cover up continue?

With more reports like this and from qualified witnesses it can't be too long now

I know it is The Sun but at least they are trying to get the truth out

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13/9/2008 by skibtz]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Apparently the witness, Wing Commander Alan Turner, has not made this information public before.

He is also speaking at this event.

If anyone does attend this event could they provide a write up for us please

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
In my opinion this and all the other expert testimony gives 100% proof of UFO's.
What more do you need than this these people are not wack jobs they are trusted respected people.
However although it proves the existence of something unexplained it doesn't prove exactly what it is.
That's the next step.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
if this post did not have the words "the sun" in it, i woudl have believed this strait off.

the sun is one newspaper that simply cannot be trusted for genuine news, remember who owns the sun and who controls them.

wouldnt suprise me at all if it turned out to be complete tripe . unfortunetly

i going to wait for a trusted news scorce to cover the story before i jump in.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
if this post did not have the words "the sun" in it, i woudl have believed this strait off.

I appreciate your hesitation at taking The Sun newspaper at face value but if you check out this link you will see that the article is lifted from the main source - Philip Mantle at UFO Data Magazine.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
In my opinion this and all the other expert testimony gives 100% proof of UFO's.
What more do you need than this these people are not wack jobs they are trusted respected people.
However although it proves the existence of something unexplained it doesn't prove exactly what it is.
That's the next step.

I totally agree. One step at a time the truth, whatever it is, will come out.

These witnesses and their testimonies can not simply be ignored for much longer.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

It looks to be the other way, that site has a link to the Sun news article.

And, while the first part of the article talks about "a whole fleet of “spaceships”" and "35 super-fast vessels", what he saw was the objects "equally spaced and shot from 3,000ft to 60,000ft at almost 300mph."

To me that shows nothing like super-fast vessels or spaceships, just what he said, unknown fast objects.

I don't think this kind of witness and testimony can take us closer to the truth.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPIt looks to be the other way, that site has a link to the Sun news article.

The article originates at UFO Data Magazine - the UFO Data site, under the News section, links to an article in The Sun.

And you many be right Armap - maybe we should wait until a mothership lands on the Whitehouse lawn (edit
or proof of a terrestrial explanation surfaces.

No point in anyone anywhere posting any witness testimonies, sightings , photos, videos or the like until that happens right?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This sounds more like a large meteor breaking up in the atmosphere than a bunch of alien spacecraft. No speeds greater than 300mph?, that could be almost any military aircraft from any western country. Anyone that truly believes that this is 100% proof of ALIEN activity is just plain fooling themselves.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
i suspect 300mph is a typo for 3000mph.

the truth is when you have experienced and qualified professionals make claims such as this you must listen , and when such claims have been spouted as they have been for the past 60 years in all corners of the world .and on almost every occasion they are told to shut up usually by thier own militaries,the conclusion you can reach is that something is being hidden from us BIG TIME.

something unkind and depopulative on earth doesnt want us to see whats visting us from elsewhere who are of a better,less artificialy murderous nature.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
This sounds more like a large meteor breaking up in the atmosphere than a bunch of alien spacecraft. No speeds greater than 300mph?, that could be almost any military aircraft from any western country. Anyone that truly believes that this is 100% proof of ALIEN activity is just plain fooling themselves.

any meteors of a size that would allow it to be "breaking up" will travel at speed significantly faster than 300mph,and i mean significantly.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
The article originates at UFO Data Magazine - the UFO Data site, under the News section, links to an article in The Sun.
I did not saw any reference to this being a UFO Data Magazine article or that it was the source of the information.

The article on "The Sun" site is signed by a Virginia Wheeler, and the only reference is on the last paragraph, just saying that Philip Mantle said "His testimony is remarkable."

And you many be right Armap - maybe we should wait until a mothership lands on the Whitehouse lawn.
If you do not want me to discuss this just say it, but if you want then do not change what I said.

I never said that we should wait for a mother-ship to land on the White House lawn (and why should it be the White House, what's so special about that ugly building?), I just said that this adds nothing to what we already know (next to nothing...) about this phenomenon, having millions of people saying that they saw something that they do not know what it was does not get us closer to the truth, whatever it may be.

No point in anyone anywhere posting any witness testimonies, sightings , photos, videos or the like until that happens right?
Wrong, but unless we jump to conclusions based on what Wing Commander Alan Turner said, what he said doesn't change a thing.

He did not said that they came from space, he did not said they were doing impossible manoeuvres, it said it defied all logic and was extraordinary, but he did not said why. As he did not made any conclusions based on what he saw, how can we make any conclusion?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

A meteor breaking up would not go from 3,000ft to 60,000ft, regardless of its speed, right?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookjrAnyone that truly believes that this is 100% proof of ALIEN activity is just plain fooling themselves.

I will be keeping an open mind on the source of the sighting.

What is important is that we find out what it was.

It may well be something more significant than a meteor breaking up though, assuming that the events of witnesses being ordered to forget about what they had seen are true.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
i suspect 300mph is a typo for 3000mph.
It's always possible, but as he said:

The only craft with that rate of climb were supersonic lightning aircraft but they wouldn’t have been able to hold such a perfect formation.

so I suppose that the 300mph were the climbing speed, and that it was possible by human means, although in that way.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Good points ArMaP.

In addition, by my reading, this happened in 1971, so do we really know what happened? He says other radar observers also tracked it, but it's his word and they're not around to give their descriptions. However, they did file reports (according to Commander Turner) so maybe it raises it up a notch if that's proven?

As we know, there's a lot of things that can show up on radar. That's why they scramble fighters to check out these things to make sure they're not echos or atmospheric phenomenon.

Did they scramble fighters? If not, to me this is a 'soft' sighting.

2 cents.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPI did not saw any reference to this being a UFO Data Magazine article or that it was the source of the information.

I merely pointed out the source of the article.

I never said that we should wait for a mother-ship to land on the White House lawn...having millions of people saying that they saw something that they do not know what it was does not get us closer to the truth, whatever it may be.

It may be the case that it will take millions of witness testimonies to find the elusive nuggets of fact that could help to expose any cover ups.

He did not said that they came from space, he did not said they were doing impossible manoeuvres, it said it defied all logic and was extraordinary, but he did not said why. As he did not made any conclusions based on what he saw, how can we make any conclusion?

Who said they came from space?

EDIT: While making the statement converning the landing of motherships on the Whitehouse lawn, I should have balanced it with an example of a non-ET explanation to balance the argument (which I have done) - my bad and apologies ArMaP for the confusion

I am certain that there have been cover ups. Of what? I do not know.

It may be ETS et al, it may be terrestrial hi-tech or it may be something else.

What is important is that we collate and study all of the information in order to explain why our governments may have been lying to us.

Denying ignorance?

I hope so

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm with Armap on this one. If 300mph climb is known to the public, there's a fair chance that classified aircraft we have no clue about are capable of much higher speeds.

Also, consider the actual meaning of UFO; it doesn't have to be a space-ship to be UFO. It just has to be unidentified.

Without backup collaboration from a second witness, or an RAF record or some similar piece of evidence (pilot sightings would be an excellent idea), I personally would advise everyone to take this story with a grain of salt the size of Fredericton.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
I merely pointed out the source of the article.
I don't understand it. What is the source for that article, "The Sun" or "UFO Data Magazine"?

It may be the case that it will take millions of witness testimonies to find the elusive nuggets of fact that could help to expose any cover ups.
They may be millions or even thousands of millions, if what they say does not clear any doubt the number of witnesses is irrelevant.

Who said they came from space?
The article, when they call them "spaceships".

What is important is that we collate and study all of the information in order to explain why our governments may have been lying to us.
That is true, but we should never forget that with flawed data we can only get flawed results (garbage in, garbage out), so we must make a thorough selection of the information we find to separate the wheat from the chaff, so we do not get "chaffed" conclusions.

Denying ignorance?
I am always trying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join