It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy to kill First Responders.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
As I'm watching the horror of the massive storm hitting the Galveston area, I was sickened to find out how many ignored the mandatory evacuation order. The First Responders as of a little while ago, have been out on over 200 calls to rescue these fools, risking their own lives.

I see this as attempted murder, as they knowingly stayed knowing full well that they could cause an Emergency Workers death. If any First Responder is killed, the people who stayed should be tried for some sort of negligent manslaughter as a group. Their guilt would be obvious. I pray none of these Hero's is killed due to some nut who wanted to see the storm or thought they were immortal.

Why these people risk their lives and leaving their families without them do this to save these crazy people boggles the mind. These people don't deserve saving, so they should thank God that good people who love their neighbors are there willingly doing this.

Before they start demanding we also bail them out financially, they should reflect heavily on the lives they put at risk. Somehow I suspect they will be the first to demand money from us as well. We will send it of course. We will show them the compassion they failed to show the First Responders and their families.

I think this qualifies as a Conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

PErsonally I think it's a little bit early to be calling conspiracy here.

However, I think that the blame lays more on the evacuation being called too late.

There are about 2 roads out of HOuston/Galveston. These were gridlocked. Traffic was almost at a standstill today while I was driving on 35, and I'm quite a bit north.

Most of these people who stayed probable knew that they couldn't get through that, or didn't have a car to leave anyway.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Source Article

Estimates varied of how many of the island’s 58,000 residents ignored the evacuation order, but all agreed that thousands of people remained behind. City officials estimated 40% remained to weather the storm...

...Other residents refused to leave—ignoring not just official orders but in some cases the pleas of loved ones. Jim Reichenbach and his girlfriend, Lupe Garza, left Galveston Thursday, then returned Friday to beg their friends to leave with them. They refused...

I just can't fathom why these people can not see that they put others lives at risk and not just their own. The two hundred calls show just how self-reliant they really are. They think they are tough, until something happens then they cheerfully call someone else to risk everything for them, when they were so selfish they would not leave home for a couple of days for the sake of the First Responders.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

It was first called on Thursday. Even though inadvertent, it is a conspiracy that could cost innocent lives. There was even a bar full of people drunk after they knew the magnitude. They were going to stay until the Police made them leave. I watched them guzzling from fifths of booze on camera.

So you think it is just fine to put others life at risk on a lark? They would have to be completely illiterate, not own a TV and not understand English as the message over loudspeakers was broadcast throughout the area to not know.

Conspiracy like the NWO, no; but a conspiracy all the same.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Meet the Poop

As Hurricane Ike slams the Texas coastlines with winds over 100 miles per hours, most people followed mandatory evacuation warnings and ran for high land. Some of those who did not are enjoying a drink at the Poop Deck...

...Some say they are staying put so they can avoid the hassle of heavy traffic out of the area...

...The owner of the Poop Deck, Marie Alrich-Creasy, says that she is not endangering anyone by keeping the bar open for business. "The doors are open," she says. "If anyone wants to come, that's their free will."

Proof of conspiracy? You decide. Put others lives at risk so they can party and "avoid traffic". Should the bar owner be punished for encouraging this? Marie sounds like a real winner to me

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
you sure must love democracy alot huh?

saying that people dont have a right to stay where they want?

suggesting they should be tried for murder?

i think your outta touch with reality on this one, but thats just my opinion

anyways, it was the first responders choice to stay there during the hurricane - so if they die its their fault , no one elses

no one Makes you have a job, or stay somewhere , its called Freedom of Choice , thats how things work in America

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Isnt that the Liability of being a rescue worker anyways?

Its like jumping out of a airplane to fight a fire - you dont sign up for these jobs saying "I hope I dont have to risk my life to rescue anyone today!"

Seriously man you need to think this stuff out more deeply. They knew what they were signing up for.

You also said in your OP "They knew full well they would cause the death.."

Thats a huge load of bull, no one knows the future, that kind of statement just shows that you make things up to fit your POV. Yes, you did make it up 100%. Not one of those ppl "knew" they were gonna cause a emergency responders death - in fact none of them have died yet.

So since none have died (i checked the MSM and apparently theres no deaths listed of emergency workers) wouldnt that suggest that your outta line with your assumptions ?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
While it probably wasn't the best idea to stay, where in the hell do you get off calling this a conspiracy and acting like these people stayed behind just to kill emergency workers.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

i think your outta touch with reality on this one, but thats just my opinion

I meant it to seem that way to get people to think. Actions have consequences.

Not evacuating is not macho or cool. It is just dumb. Right now people are using all the resources to rescue these people. If they had paid attention they could instead be working on the infrastructure. The delay it causes also affects the people who did the right thing, by delaying the cleanup and rebuilding unnecessarily.

When I watched that group of drunks at the Poop Deck it made me think why exactly do the First Responders owe it too these people to risk their own lives and risk leaving their own families without them.

Nobody is going to be charged with anything and you are exaggerating the tone of my post.

We find out this morning an incredible 20,000 people stayed in Galveston. The First Responders are now overwhelmed saving their silly butts. They knew in plenty of time exactly what this storm was going to be.

In addition to putting the First Responders at risk, some of these people put their own childrens lives at risk. It just does not get more irresponsible than that.

I know this was no planned conspiracy, but it is conspiracy by association. I'm sure there were instigators who encouraged others to stay with them. It is human nature.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
While it probably wasn't the best idea to stay, where in the hell do you get off calling this a conspiracy and acting like these people stayed behind just to kill emergency workers.

Where do those people get off risking their childrens lives and those of the First Responders? My God! Some of these people stayed with their children because they did not want to drive in traffic

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think calling this a conspiracy is way, way out of there..

If I would have lived in that area, chances are I would not have moved, either.

Why ?

Because I do not fancy having to move to an emergency shelter whenever the govs tell me to, only to sit there for days without basic stuff for survival, like those people who where put in that footballstadium after New Orleans when those levys broke. They where left for days without water or food, including women and babys!

Or because I do not want to move, couple of days later seeing on the news things wheren't all that bad after all, only to return and find my house looted..

Or maybe I'm not so keen of huge masses in a situation that promotes some serious diseases..

Or maybe I just hadn't heard about the evac..

saying they should be tried is unreal.. callous..

And if I was a resque worker in the area I'd appreciate a straggler or two.. then at least I'd feel like my presence made a difference, capice?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Blaine, As a former first responder when we lived in the U.S., I have to agree with you. First responders have and do go rescue people who senselessly endanger others. Many responders I've known, myself included, have voluntarily assumed that risk, even when the situation could have been avoided by clearer thinking -- it's kind of the nature of that type of person.

Even recently, when Gustav sullied our peaceful little island, I found myself out helping people close up their house, after refusing my offer to do so at a sensible time. As the winds started whipping, I knew it was foolish for me to be there, when I should've been home, safely hunkered down. I never want to be that person you see on the news clips trying to fasten plywood in the storm, and there I was, exactly the fool I never wanted to be. Why? The people didn't want to be "closed up" too soon. I understtand that, and this year for those under my umbrella, I enacted a "first on-first off" policy. This is not paid work, but I also don't advertise that I do it gratis. By first on/first off, people got to choose on which end of the storm they wanted to suffer the heat and lack of air movement.

It's a terrible thing, and I relate to how the responders in Texas probably felt. One can even get angry at those who needlessly endanger them, however, these heros are probably unable to counter the people they are and ignore the pleas of those who need them, regardless of the "victims" not heeding sensible evac orders. I'm not comparing myself to these heroes, by the way.

Not certain I see a conspiracy causation, but you could be right. I don't think anyone stayed behind for the purpose of causing harm or endangerment to responders.

Good, thought-provoking thread.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Where do those people get off risking their childrens lives and those of the First Responders? My God! Some of these people stayed with their children because they did not want to drive in traffic

I dunno, I see people do stupid things all the time. Maybe the family was having financial troubles and were trying to save a buck, I dunno. There has to be some reason for them to make that choice. And it certainly wasn't a conspiracy to kill first responders.

If it turned up that no first responders wanted to go in and save them, then I would say they should have evacuated, and you can't blame them for not going in. But thats not the case.

But it hardly constitutes murder or a conspiracy to kill first responders. And if you have to do this kind of thing to make a point, then you probably didn't have a point to make to begin with.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatcat

Yes, I carried to far most likely. That does not change the facts. Would you rather be alive and inconvenienced or injured and possibly dead?

Now the First Responders are overwhelmed with calls and the Governor of Texas just announced the largest search and rescue operation in Texas history. What do you suppose that will cost. Do you really think the people who stayed are going to pay for their rescues, or do you think others will have to?

We are free to make dumb decisions, but when those decisions put others at risk? What about the children who depend on their parents to make good decisions on their behalf? If even one child or emergency worker dies, is that to many or acceptable?

Using Katrina as an argument is intellectually dishonest as the whole system has been revamped since then.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

You are indeed Hero's

Thank you for your past service.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I'm sure it was not their plan to do it. It should have been foremost in their thoughts however. Especially those with children.

There were means of transportation provided for those without means. Which is worse, a few days of inconvenience in a shelter away from the storm, or death, injury or risking others lives? With freedom comes responsibility and we are responsible for the things our actions cause.

I'm saying this is conspiratorial by association. They can not pretend to not know that their decision could put others at risk, unless mentally challenged somehow.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Because we don't get enough stuff like this from the media? We actually need things like this to be hyped up even more than normal?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Hmmm, just because one is a EMT, Paramedic, Fire Fighter or Cop does not mean one should have to take on any extra risk than that which already comes with the job.

I have what a .0005% risk that my chopter will encounter or undergo an adverse event each time I fly. I do what I can to minimize that risk, from not flying in risky weather, to wearing Nomex, to being quiet 5 minutes during takeoff and landing with eyes out scanning for hazards etc. but each flight I take means at some point the odds just might catch up with me. Why add any other risk.

One thing I do know as team leader whenever we go out, I can and have said no to a medical transport based on the weather. I knew full well that the child at the other end of the line may not survive unless me and my team arrived, stabalized and transported that child out but the pilot was talking about poor visability, single pilot IFR, high winds that were peaking above margins, and severe rain etc etc etc. I said NO right there on the runway with the team ready to go. Team preservation is the highest priority, and perhaps first responders to a disaster need to be empowered to just say NO untill its safe IMHO.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think these rescue workers are likely the same type people as the ones who climb mountains and scale cliffs. They are slightly nuts.
If they were a little saner, at least they would wait a while till the danger to themselves was less.

No one should ask or expect someone else to risk their life to save his.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I can understand why you would question the reasons of those that stayed, but I think it's mainly an issue of them having too much pride.

I live in Hurricane territory myself, so I am always around those with that mentality as well. They feel as if they can "ride it out". Evacuating, to them, is a sign of weakness. If their grandfather was in a Cat 5 years ago and rode it out, then he feels like he's obligated to ride out a little ole Cat 3. I don't understand it, either. But that's what it is. And I hate to say this, but it's usually the parents that have this mentality, and choose to keep their families at home during these catastrophies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join