It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is New Orleans Even Worth Coming Back To? (Better Category)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
put this up a second ago but in the wrong category, so lets try this again

iS NEW ORLEANS EVEN WORTH COMING BACK TO?

Yes i did make it out at the last second for gustav to find that nothing really happened other than power outages (at least on the WestBank)

But after leaving and Staying in Georgia for a week, then coming back, I started to think.......Why do I live here?

Crime......highest in the nation

Economy........pretty much third world, but we are paying things at an almost New York City rate

Hurricanes.............there never gonna stop, every year is gonna have at least one scare

Politics.........Ray Nagen.......look him up.........It's not pretty

Police.......I already mentioned crime, but this is different, New Orleans has always been known for it's corruption and the cops are the worst, even the cops themselves acknowledge this. and when they try to shaft you who do you turn to?

Culture......Soooo not what it used to be, it's too thug friendly, as in everyones a potential criminal, Black & White, people think it's cool to be a thug, (what happened to the cooler gothy New Orleans?) , so as you can expect education is down the whole . and the food is still good, but that part of the culture never really recoverd from Katrina....(supposed to be one of the worlds food capitals, and all you can get delivered is a freakin pizza!)

I was born and raised in the suburbs of New Orleans, and i have seen nothing but a downword spiral for this area, and i really don't see it getting any better

But what about you?

have you been to New Orleans ? What do you think?

Thats what i would really like to hear

I'm really considering a move out of state (Out of the Country if i could figure the funds out), what would you do if the place you were borne and raised in went to hell?

Mod Edit: All Caps Title

[edit on 13-9-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
once again sorry for my horrible spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It's easy for someone who doesn't live there to say "no." Many families can trace their family living there for many generations, and some people have no family and no place to go if they leave their homes.

While I don't have to make that kind of decision, my answer would be that it would not be a good idea to return there. Every year, they're going to face hurricanes and floods, and every year, it will cause them to evacuate.

If the goverment did evacuate everyone, I think their only option would be to restrict access to it and if a flood were to happen, they would just let the city be flooded with no further action to drain the flood water.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by DJMessiah]

new topics

join