It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Mothman Beelzebub?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think that Indrid Cold/mothman is a time traveller from
a really wierd Terri Gilliam/12 monkeys future time line.

Thats all I got.

Mothman prophecies is one of those movies I will always stop and watch when its on.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The difference is that one is from an inner dimention and the other works on the outer dimention which people can see in front of them. But who says they can not do both? I would not call the Mothman the Angel Gabriel either in comparison we can see the difference.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
I mean since seeing the Mothman prophecy film, I assume people might have had possessive experiences too. A demon might be able to appear in front of you but it could also influence your mind and how else did the Mothman communicate the Prophecies? Through the minds of people also and their drawings reflecting subconcious thoughts. I could be wrong but then again who says its not a new form of attack on its victim?

What do you mean, the mothman communicating prophecies, what prophecies?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Originally posted by The time lord
I mean since seeing the Mothman prophecy film, I assume people might have had possessive experiences too. A demon might be able to appear in front of you but it could also influence your mind and how else did the Mothman communicate the Prophecies? Through the minds of people also and their drawings reflecting subconcious thoughts. I could be wrong but then again who says its not a new form of attack on its victim?

What do you mean, the mothman communicating prophecies, what prophecies?

Well, the plane crash was one of them, but again, that was communicated by Indrid Cold through Woody Derenberger, not by the Mothman.

I'm starting to sound like a stuck record here!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Okay have you heard of the movie the Mothman Prophecies? If not look at youtube for a trailer for an idea of what he or it was like. I am not sure how you know about the Mothman and yet ask such a question, or you do know about him but from a different perspective or story.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well I have heard of the movie but have not seen it. I didn't recall it having the word Prophecies connected, so when you said prophecies it sort of threw me off; I have already gone and looked at a couple of things and printed out a couple of condensed versions of the story and of course I would like to see the movie now.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
In the movie it does not seperate the Mothman from Indrid Cold in anyway, so although we call it the Mothman, it may call it self Indrid Cold or maybe he is trying to find someoe called Indrid Cold and is confused or something.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

Genus you kinda look like the description of mothman, or are you an original design?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Genus you kinda look like the description of mothman, or are you an original design?

Egads, I hope I don't look like that!

My avvie is an original design, but yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I watched Mothman Prophecies, pretty good movie but it didn't cover the mothman story even close to what I expected.

My question, does anyone know if John Keel really made those phone recordings, or was that added by Hollywood?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Revelation 12:9

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the devil and satan which decieveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth and his angels were cast out with him

Jude 1:6

and the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Nope they are no longer on earth.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I watched Mothman Prophecies, pretty good movie but it didn't cover the mothman story even close to what I expected.

My question, does anyone know if John Keel really made those phone recordings, or was that added by Hollywood?

The movie only really touched on aspects from the book, there was soooo much more that was going on that was'nt even touched on in the movie. You have to remember that the whole thing with the wife dying, her turning up later etc etc was all made for the movie. I really suggest picking up a copy of The Mothman Prophecies to get the full story. I have read it about 3 times myself, and recommend it.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
But God will let some Locusts out to start judging people, maybe a few are let free in the process. I think demons still exist but maybe not in the physical form but in the spiritual world which they can still have power if we are left faithless or in the spiritual world.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genus_Unknown

The movie only really touched on aspects from the book, there was soooo much more that was going on that was'nt even touched on in the movie. You have to remember that the whole thing with the wife dying, her turning up later etc etc was all made for the movie. I really suggest picking up a copy of The Mothman Prophecies to get the full story. I have read it about 3 times myself, and recommend it.

Have you read any other Mothman books? Would you suggest that M.Prophecies is the best account of the Mothman story? I def want to buy a book and there are several out there. Thanks

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genus_Unknown

Have you read any other Mothman books? Would you suggest that M.Prophecies is the best account of the Mothman story? I def want to buy a book and there are several out there. Thanks

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Bombeni]

Sorry about the late reply, I have been out sick

The Mothman Prophecies is probably the most exhaustive work on the subject in that it puts the Mothman sightings in with all the other weird things happening in the area at the time.

To get further reading and background on the Mothman phenomena, I would recommend 'Mothman - Behind the Red Eyes' by Donnie Sergeant and Jeff Wamsley and 'Mothman - The Facts Behind the Fiction' by Jeff Wamsley. Jeff runs and owns the Point Pleasant Mothman Museum, and both the books have firsthand interviews with witnesses as well as newspaper article reproductions from the time of the sightings. Plus it has some sweet artwork in as well.

'Mothman and Other Curious Encounters' by Lauren Coleman is also a good read, it puts some interesting theories forward regarding Mothy, as well as other Cryptids and high strangeness.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

When I saw the film, it did give me the impression Mothman could be a demonic entity. Remember how some angels in the Bible begin their conversation with a human? They use the phrase: "do not be afraid" or "fear not".

I don't know how accurate Indrid Cole's lines were in the film, but they did sound like a demon.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
For me this thread started out as a comparative view but they do not have to be the same being in the end. Sometimes demons can be quite the same and the only real answer is if they find out what the name of it is as confirmation. But some people I feel have a sympathetic view of the Mothman but in the movies it did not quite paint that picture and when they did paint him it was rather demonic looking not angelic full of light.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I think it all depends on your belief system or what you were brought up to believe really. I personally don't believe that Mothman was a demonic entity at all. Surely if that was the case, then chasing a car, making noises like 'a giant mouse' or hanging out in an old abandoned building would be the last thing it would be doing?

Also, I have to say, when faced with something that does not look particularly human, it's not suprising the first thing it's going to say is 'do not be afraid'. We as a species are inherantly afraid of anything different from ourselves. Anyway, we only have whats written in a book when it comes to what these 'angels' or 'demons' say.

As I have mentioned in another Mothman related thread, i'm more inclined to think that one of the more plausible explanations for mothy is a 'Tulpa' or 'Thought Form'.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Thanks for those suggestions Genus. I tell ya I am just bamboozled lately by all these creepy creatures. I know now they are not the things of just scary stories to tell at campfires, many of them exist, well, they exist in some type of realm we are not allowed to enter, which suits me fine. I really believe Bigfoot is of that third dimension and can come and go as he pleases. Are some of these things demons? It is certainly an interesting study.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well it seems maybe 'Beelzebub' is probably just another role in which the devil works by, I think when he infiltates people's minds he is known as 'Beelzebub' and of course is the same enitity but of different effect of this world hence the different names of the devil for each different action he takes.

Scripture also refers to him by many other names all of which describe his "fallen nature." These names are, "Beelzebub", "Prince of Darkness", "King of Tyre", "Father of Lies". "Day Star", "The Thief", "god of this world" (cosmos: Gr. world system) but, never Lucifer again. He is no longer entitled to that name which described his original nature and ministry. Perhaps this would be a good time to put Satan in his proper place and perspective because in these days he is being worshipped as a god by many people around the world.

Text

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join