It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a real Lightsaber be Constructed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I was just wondering if a real Lightsaber can be made, I would really like to know, before you post, think about the saber being Plasma, not light, If you think a real lightsaber can be Constructed please go to my website and help me find out how:

www.real-lightsabers.wetpaint.com...

I hope to get many good answers on this, I hope it can be done, bi

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Isn't this the same topic you made yesterday here

In answer to you're question though no it can't for a number of reasons

1: light cant be solid
2: light can't be a stopped at a fixed distance
3: There no power supply that could possibly work

As for the plasma torch Ideas people came up with yesterday I hope they enjoy having their hand melted off.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teknikal

Light could be focused in such a way that it would bend back upon itself at a given point.

You can't say there is no powersupply that could work. There MAY be no KNOWN powersupply. However, absolutes are always limited by time and space and understanding of knowns.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by Teknikal

Light could be focused in such a way that it would bend back upon itself at a given point.

You can't say there is no powersupply that could work. There MAY be no KNOWN powersupply. However, absolutes are always limited by time and space and understanding of knowns.

If you had enough gravity to bend light to any degree at all you would be a tiny squished stain on the handle and the light would bend before it left and not gain any height so no blade. Not to mention the fact that there is no such thing as a solid laser lasers just cannot have mass enough to act like a solid it's simple physics.

There isn't any powersupply that could work and still be small enough to be a handle that's just a fact and I can't see it in the future either.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
There was a thread on this about a year ago with more than several good ideas. I'd review that thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

I said this time how about Plasma, I know light probably won't work, but plasma has a better chance, yet you still talked about light, the only reason they called it a Lightsaber is because it's Bright, not because thats what it's made of

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Let's keep it to one thread on this topic...

Your first effort:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join