It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst conspiracy theory you've ever heard?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
There was another classic conspiracy theory, I think taken up and reported as real by the Sunday Sport newspaper (contradiction in terms!) which focused on sightings of Nessie in Loch Ness and then said that the sightings were caused by a German U-Boat that was there, and had been for decades, to pick up Hess.
The idea that somewhere under the waters of Loch Ness theres a submarine full of geriatric nazi's who still believe the war is continuing. . . thats just mad! Isn't it?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
There was another classic conspiracy theory, I think taken up and reported as real by the Sunday Sport newspaper (contradiction in terms!) which focused on sightings of Nessie in Loch Ness and then said that the sightings were caused by a German U-Boat that was there, and had been for decades, to pick up Hess.
The idea that somewhere under the waters of Loch Ness theres a submarine full of geriatric nazi's who still believe the war is continuing. . . thats just mad! Isn't it?

Yeah, how are they getting food/fuel/drinking water to that sub ?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
A lot of good ones on here...

Anyways i don't want this to sound like an attack on this person but there is a poster here, i wont mention the name, but post tweaked pictures, any picture from photoshop or some other editing program and tries to explain to people that there is some kind of entity/creatures in the pictures.
I can never see what the OP is talking about and they look like poorly manipulated psychedelic pics. I have asked how this process comes about but never get an answer. What special equipment does the OP use to get these pics this way? lol nothing, just ignored. so I ignored back.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well, I'd have to vote for "secret alien base at Dulce" as one of the worst.

I've pointed out at length how, in a rural, mountainous area like Dulce NM, even 20 human workers would be noticed by the local population. Then there's the question of sewage created by flush toilets for more than 20 workers. You can't run a septic tank that big. Then there's power service, or the hum of your own massive generators. Then there's freighting equipment in and out of the remote area without the locals knowing.

Buying gas/diesel in northern new mexico is a huge pain. Since there are only about 2 refineries in the whole state. So you cannot ferry around troops and equipment without people noticing, especially if you're "government exempt.

Talk to people from Dulce, and they'll tell you what a joke the whole thing is.

Just like "Roswell." The crash site is nearest Corona, NM, over a hundred miles away. But Roswell latched onto the tourist potential, and has hotels(!) and an airport(!!!) Roswell is just . . . sad.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
my favorite is that hologram planes were used in 9/11.
my 2nd favorite is that NASA never went to the moon.

Both have been thoroughly debunked yet there are still some people who can't just let it go.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
i once heard a conspiracy that the usa had put a man on mars before the moon landing...that has to rank quite highly on the retard scale.

and just moments ago i read a thread that suggested the british royal family are actually reptiles....

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

By far the silliest conspiracy theory is that all the elites and higher ups (and apparently TV news anchors) are shape-shifting reptilians from the fourth dimension. David Icke must have been watching John Carpenter's THEY LIVE while really really high... And as if that weren't a silly enough idea we on ATS and elsewhere had to deal with youtube videos showing slight pixelation of Presidents and news anchors claimed to be "shape-shifting into a reptile on camera"

Also, all the new age silliness about 2012 bringing a spiritual awakening or allowing humans to forgo their physical selves. The 2012 Doomsday theories are flawed in and of themselves, its just the end of the Mayan long-count (I think that's what its called, its the start of a new galactic cycle of sorts) and no one knows what's going to happen. Some say doom, some say the return of the feathered serpent god Quetzalcoatl, I say its just an outlet for people's paranoia, much like Y2K was...

And there's also Hollow Earth theory (specifically the idea that we aren't living on the outer layer of that hollow Earth) and the faked Moon Landing (as there is no reason for them to keep it secret and the theories have been debunked)... Oh, and that the moon has an atmosphere, plant life, etc etc etc

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
A lot of good ones on here...

Anyways i don't want this to sound like an attack on this person but there is a poster here, i wont mention the name, but post tweaked pictures, any picture from photoshop or some other editing program and tries to explain to people that there is some kind of entity/creatures in the pictures.
I can never see what the OP is talking about and they look like poorly manipulated psychedelic pics. I have asked how this process comes about but never get an answer. What special equipment does the OP use to get these pics this way? lol nothing, just ignored. so I ignored back.

Yeah. Like the person who submitted pictures of the "Bigfoot Family" to Coast to Coast that ended up being just a picture of some trees.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Well, I'd have to vote for "secret alien base at Dulce" as one of the worst.

I've pointed out at length how, in a rural, mountainous area like Dulce NM, even 20 human workers would be noticed by the local population. Then there's the question of sewage created by flush toilets for more than 20 workers. You can't run a septic tank that big. Then there's power service, or the hum of your own massive generators. Then there's freighting equipment in and out of the remote area without the locals knowing.

Buying gas/diesel in northern new mexico is a huge pain. Since there are only about 2 refineries in the whole state. So you cannot ferry around troops and equipment without people noticing, especially if you're "government exempt.

Talk to people from Dulce, and they'll tell you what a joke the whole thing is.

Just like "Roswell." The crash site is nearest Corona, NM, over a hundred miles away. But Roswell latched onto the tourist potential, and has hotels(!) and an airport(!!!) Roswell is just . . . sad.

I think people think that if they can put a base in Cheyenne Mountain, then they can have one wherever they please.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Also, all the new age silliness about 2012 bringing a spiritual awakening or allowing humans to forgo their physical selves. The 2012 Doomsday theories are flawed in and of themselves, its just the end of the Mayan long-count (I think that's what its called, its the start of a new galactic cycle of sorts) and no one knows what's going to happen. Some say doom, some say the return of the feathered serpent god Quetzalcoatl, I say its just an outlet for people's paranoia, much like Y2K was...

One thing that annoys me here is how a certain margin of the posters will say that 9/11/Katrina/Gustav/Tsunamis/whatever else is a sign of the impending Rapture, 2012, pole shift, ect. when there is no evidence that they are connected at all. Especially tackey is the "Blame homosexuals for 9/11!" type of thinking.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I didn't want to read the whole thread to see if this one is here, but one of the worst conspiracy theories I've heard was NASA lying to us about the stars and moon, and all the stars are angels and the moon is god? something like that... yeah... if that's true they must have bugged my telescope

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hemp and how it will make you crazy

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well yeah these pics are different than trying to pass off shadows or shapes as something. This poster makes the pics look like a tie dye shirt almost and tries to convince people that there is something there, by matrixing or something. totally annoying.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This one was just ludicrous, about the Russians blowing up the Minneapolis bridge.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Religion has got to be the biggest BS story ever propagated on the human race...but, more recently, I have to agree the official 9/11 story is right up there with the biggest BS story of all time. Anyone who thinks that airplanes flying through the most heavily defended airspace in the history of the world, could not immediately(immediately meaning 10-15 minutes) be intercepted, regardless of transponders active or not, is living in a dream world. OBL didn't do that, someone in our chain of command did. I'll leave it at that.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I find it incredulous that people are so quick to claim Christianity is some kind of hallucination, yet those same people are soooo quick to jump on the bandwagon of believing that we are being visited constantly by grey aliens, the world is being run by shape-shifting reptiles, the moon is an alien base and our skies are filled with visitors from other planets.....all based on the testimonies of other people just like themselves.....and a few grainy videos and pictures.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Worst conspiracies?

That Chris Angel or David Blaine have actual magical powers due to spiratual beings.

Pretty much everything Reptilian and Icke related.

The 9//11 planes were holograms.

Those spring imeadiatly to mind...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
the galactic federation of light post are pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'd vote for the thread about how people not wanting to be evacuated are actually conspiring to kill first-responders

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join