It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst conspiracy theory you've ever heard?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I know that this thread has been more or less hijacked by 911 conspiracies, but let´s face it - there are a LOT of them!

(including this little gem

I overheard this (surprise, surprise) in a bar close to closing time. The guy telling it to his friends was all puffed up and red in the face trying to get his friends to take him seriously:

"No really, I´m not kidding you. There were NO planes involved in the 911 attacks. Not one! You see, it´s the new black op technology using holographic projections, see? They´ve got these missiles with holographic projections surrounding them that make the LOOK like a plane. They could have made them look like giant telephones or elephants if they wanted, but that wouldn´t make sense would it....."

At this point I had to leave for fear of laughing at him out loud and starting a bar-brawl...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The Biggest Conspiracy Ever, Good question:

Everything is just fine.
Don't worry.
Keep your head down. Don't fight, don't research, don't step over the line.
Governements looking out for you. They were bad in the past, sure, but now they caaaarrrrreee about you.
Your life is ultimately meaningless.
Work, buy, consume, die.
There is no magic.
Divinity is outside of you.
There are too many people, too many people, repeat after me, too many people.
There are no great secrets left to discover.
There is no hope. There is no hope, thereisNOHOPE.
Resistance is futile.
You will die in a patheitc war, it is your destiny, there is nothing you can do to change it.

The conspiracy of mediocrity and docility is the biggest lie ever to be rammed into man's soul.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
the most appalling conspiracy theory i've encountered was the Franklin Coverup, which was also covered in the video "Conspiracy of Silence:"

video.google.com...

book:

www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The one about Elvis still being alive, and the 9--11 theory about holographic planes.

Brilliant.

The Official 9-11 Report, awesome.

The moon landings were a hoax, I like that one too.

Some of the head-the-ball theories that we hear are great, I mean, why else would we remember them!

I say keep 'em coming people, Terry Pratchett's developed Altzheimer's (he's a genius), and I like a good comic read.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Sendran]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Does the dinosaurs dying out because people went back in time to eat them count?

Edit to provide link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-9-2008 by berenike]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The whole Reptillian thing..

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The worst one I've probably heard was this guy that said his name is Dimitri Habibob and that he's from the year 2040 and then he posted a pic of his time traveling machine and it was made out of Lego.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If someone already posted this, then I agree fully!
But this little remix has to be the most silly and outlandish conspiracy out there right now!
Now these guys are totally serious!

Give me the gold!

My vote goes to the leperchan Of moblie Alabama!!!

Here is the Version that is serious.. Bwahahahahah!

Hey who knows.. Maybe it is a leperchan!!!

[edit on 13-9-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The most humorous conspiracy theory I have ever heard was told right here on ATS by a poster by the name of "Mr. Nekros". He made a series of claims that the local Freemason chapter fed his dog laxatives, kidnapped and drugged him, and all culminating with the destruction of his toilet by means of explosives. The first time I read that thread I was poised to swallow a gulp of coffee...I never did imbibe it...

Apologies if this was already mentioned.

Wow, that sounds funny, do you have a link?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
Found this thread today about yet another time traveler (not really a conspiracy but so amusing none the less)

The guy claims that he travelled from 2040. After someone asks for proof of his timemachine, he puts up a photo of a LEGO NXT.

The thing that cracks me up that after that revelation some people continue to take him seriously.

Enough of those time travel hoaxes already! Sheesh!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie

This thread was horrible.... it showed just how many ignorant bias pigs frequent ATS. Sad really.

I think the OP started of sincerely, but it quickly went downhill from there.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this one already. If they have then please accept my apologise.
The worst, most insane conspiracy theory has to be the one that has Paul McCartney die in a car crash in the 60s and then be replaced by a look-a-like so the Beatles could go on and earn their millions.
After what Heather has put him through I'll bet he wished he had died in that car crash!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It was a conspiracy against someone i know. They just made up everything that is the opposite of what that person was. Followed him around and every one believed.

Turns out none of it was true that they made up, so why are the people that did it, not locked up in prison, for conspiracy to commit murder, because what they did could of led to his death, and most certainly destroyed his life totally.

So thats mine, and just shows you how, conspiracies in real life, are played by those looking to destroy lifes, and how easy it is to do.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael75

Originally posted by asmeone2
While respecting everyone's opinion, please let's not turn this into a 9/11 debate, okay?

Thanks

I cannot help but think that this entire thread is going to cause people to want to debate. There is already one aside from 9/11 that is still pretty questionable and I have barely read this thread yet. People are going to get heated here when they laugh at the nut that believes one thing just to see their own strong belief bashed as a hoax in another. This thread looks like it will get long and mean. Interesting though.

Actually we've done really good with not arguing it at all, by page 7, and I give everybody kuddos for that.

I just wanted to keep the thread light-hearted, and the posters have respected that while they might find some aspect of the 9/11 story or another unbeleiveable, 9/11 has its own forum for discussing that in detail.

Thanks BTW for everyone for keeping the argueing out of the thread I appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this one already. If they have then please accept my apologise.
The worst, most insane conspiracy theory has to be the one that has Paul McCartney die in a car crash in the 60s and then be replaced by a look-a-like so the Beatles could go on and earn their millions.
After what Heather has put him through I'll bet he wished he had died in that car crash!!!

You beat me to this one. I was thinking that it should be posted last night. It's a fun factoid, but definitely silly.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EtSolveMundi
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

There was an experiment back in the 70s where 8 verified healthy people faked minor auditory hallucination to see is psychologists could identify legitimate patients. All of them were committed and forced to stay for weeks. After they were all released and word got out, a sanatorium challenged the researcher to send fake patients for detection. Forty-one were recorded as fakes, but when the experiment was over, it was revealed that no fakes were sent. These were the Rosenhan experiments. When I learned about these it basically destroyed my faith in the mental health profession. These experiments were the direct precursors to viewable-symptom-only based diagnosis (notably the DSM manuals).

I think it may also have led to the (apparent) itdea that the person having the visions should be 'punished?' Like, it isn't truly a problem, it's just somethign they do for attention, so punish them?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychopump
I know that this thread has been more or less hijacked by 911 conspiracies, but let´s face it - there are a LOT of them!

(including this little gem

I overheard this (surprise, surprise) in a bar close to closing time. The guy telling it to his friends was all puffed up and red in the face trying to get his friends to take him seriously:

"No really, I´m not kidding you. There were NO planes involved in the 911 attacks. Not one! You see, it´s the new black op technology using holographic projections, see? They´ve got these missiles with holographic projections surrounding them that make the LOOK like a plane. They could have made them look like giant telephones or elephants if they wanted, but that wouldn´t make sense would it....."

At this point I had to leave for fear of laughing at him out loud and starting a bar-brawl...

Well, frankly, there's a lot of silliness about 911 now, so I don't think that it's really been hijacked.

Whether you want to call it intentional disinfo or not, the wilder theories have really hurt the effort to get an honest evaluation of what happened.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
one of the most ridiculous theories IMO was the phantom time hypothesis by Heribert Illig which suggests that the Early Middle Ages never occurred, meaning that all artifacts attributed to this time period were from other times, and all historical figures were made up.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles
one of the most ridiculous theories IMO was the phantom time hypothesis by Heribert Illig which suggests that the Early Middle Ages never occurred, meaning that all artifacts attributed to this time period were from other times, and all historical figures were made up.

That was very interesting, quite a strech IMO. It would mean a lot of people are going to be disappointed on 2012.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
One conspiracy I always think about is back in 1996 we (at school) used to joke about Hip-Hop Armageddon after the alleged murders of 2Pac and Biggie.

Afterward it seems music changed, since rave and house came along shortly there after to dominate. A lot of these so and so said something about so and so on their single is all a conspiracy to sell records.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join