It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst conspiracy theory you've ever heard?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Reptilians from planet niburu or somthing, causing global warming for the coming invasion... Thats the worst I have heard, Also holographic planes hitting the WTC's.. Aswell the government listening to you thoughts through chips in tooth fillings.

I think the holographic planes is bunk... the big question is where are the people who supposedly died on the plane if they weren't real?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Okay, I found the "Anonymous ATS" conspiracy thread here...

And, some of 'Anonymous's' responses are priceless...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The single worst conspiracy I've ever heard of is the conspiracy of Optometrists:

Think about it...They get you into a dark room & stick this weird-looking device in front of your face...Then ask you to read lettering that you can barely see...There's gotta be some kind of subliminal message there, enhanced by all of those lenses they flip into place in front of your eyes. This kind of equipment never showed up on such a wide-use scale in the public sector until after the advent of MKULTRA. What kind of goal could they have for such "brain-washing?"...

Paranoids of the world, Unite!

[edit on 13-9-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

Ha! Good one.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean the world is not out to get you."

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Yeah, well...Sometimes you just gotta wonder what it may be that drives a normally well-adjusted person into the depths of paranoia. After all, when the "doctors" who diagnose paranoia don't do is make their judgment on the real truth of the apparent "delusions." Their judgments rely entirely on the plausibility of the "patient's" story...The Criminal Psychologist that talked to Reese in the first Terminator movie stands as a good example of this. Perhaps the "patient" stumbled onto a real truth that drove them into apparent paranoia & the "doctors" never actually try to investigate the story at all...And it's the doctor's "judgment" that determines whether or not the actual investigative agencies even bother to follow up on the story.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Hehe... I'm not sure if I'm supposed to laugh, but I sure am.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

In defense of the paranoid. Nice to see.
I've finally found my advocate!

All friendly kidding aside, you've made a good point. In all fairness, someone who knows some very esoteric knowledge could easily be labeled all kinds of things via the DSM-IV. I've chatted up a few "bums" on the streets of one of America's tougher towns, and upon further reflection, wondered if they're really so "crazy".

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Heres a conspiracy!!

Here comes the resistance from the loss of our Constution! Texas will not surrender and will defend there rights. A civil war will breakout and people will stand up for they believe they still have. FEMA is prepared and the concentration camps are ready for occupation. Hurrican IKE will cause a decleration of marshal law and for military to cease all weapons and inprison or kill those who resist. This will be a perfect time for Bush to stay in power while the elections entertain and distract from the truth of whats going on the in this country.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I can honestly say I enjoyed the majority of this thread. Good for a few laughs.

I think the worst conspiracy theory has to be the Reptilian shapeshifting videos all over youtube. Those really bug the daylights out of me - particuarly because I work with video all day and know what compression flaws look like!

Although... this one time at the pub, I had this drunk try to convince me that JFK was shot by a bolt from a crossbow. Scariest part, this guy believed it - I mean, really really believed it. He said he was there and heard a sound that was remarkably similar to a crossbow firing and then saw the bolt sticking out of JFK (which was quickly yanked out to avoid public notice). To this day, that one makes me laugh.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
I think this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This one is about Dragonflies not being real but agents of the government taking pictures of us...

Sounds reasonable.

That may have come from this: www.washingtonpost.com...

So there is some truth to that conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Anything Lear writes.

There's no real way to judge each individual thing, so I just take the short route and classify everything he says into 'trash'.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis
Anything Lear writes.

There's no real way to judge each individual thing, so I just take the short route and classify everything he says into 'trash'.

Yes! Star for you sir!

Wait.. are you saying you don't believe there's a giant soul catcher projecting out of the moon that sucks up human souls and transports them.. where ever!? What!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The one on this forum, where someone made a thread about one of Obama's bodyguards being an alien grey because he had big eyes.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Found this thread today about yet another time traveler (not really a conspiracy but so amusing none the less)

The guy claims that he travelled from 2040. After someone asks for proof of his timemachine, he puts up a photo of a LEGO NXT.

The thing that cracks me up that after that revelation some people continue to take him seriously.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Worst conspiracy that is true?

The Church being evil.

Worst conspiracy that is false?

The Church being good.

Sorry for my lame contribution. Truth isn't always pretty.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Worst CT? Now that's a tough one, there are so many. Can't choose just one, sorry--it's like a box of chocolates...

But, forced to chose, I'd say:

Rothschilds/Queen of England/Vatican/Black Pope/Freemasons/shapeshifting reptilians/*insert favorite weirdness here*/ run the world.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

This thread was horrible.... it showed just how many ignorant bias pigs frequent ATS. Sad really.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
While respecting everyone's opinion, please let's not turn this into a 9/11 debate, okay?

Thanks

I cannot help but think that this entire thread is going to cause people to want to debate. There is already one aside from 9/11 that is still pretty questionable and I have barely read this thread yet. People are going to get heated here when they laugh at the nut that believes one thing just to see their own strong belief bashed as a hoax in another. This thread looks like it will get long and mean. Interesting though.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

There was an experiment back in the 70s where 8 verified healthy people faked minor auditory hallucination to see is psychologists could identify legitimate patients. All of them were committed and forced to stay for weeks. After they were all released and word got out, a sanatorium challenged the researcher to send fake patients for detection. Forty-one were recorded as fakes, but when the experiment was over, it was revealed that no fakes were sent. These were the Rosenhan experiments. When I learned about these it basically destroyed my faith in the mental health profession. These experiments were the direct precursors to viewable-symptom-only based diagnosis (notably the DSM manuals).

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie

This thread was horrible.... it showed just how many ignorant bias pigs frequent ATS. Sad really.

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that thread. I am bisexual myself. None of this was new to me though... that attitude is rampant in our society.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join