It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst conspiracy theory you've ever heard?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The worst conspiracy of all time is the one about Santa coming around each year. The Easter Bunny is a close second. And the Tooth Fairy rounds out the list. I'm still in counseling for these brutal, thoughtless abuses of my trust .

[edit on 15-9-2008 by fragmatic]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
without question, john titor.

people still believe that one.

wow.

Yeah, but wouldn't that make it one of the best?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatwoods

Theres a sucker born every minute.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The worst conspiracy theory?

THAT UFO'S ARE ALIEN AND ANLIENS COME FROM ANOTHER PLANET AS WELL AS ALL THE NIBIRU CRAP. ANYONE WHO BELIEVES IN ANY OF THIS BELONGS TO THE MASS.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to Midnight DStroyer
Forgive me if this is considered off-topic. Just want to say I totally agree. Same thing in "The Entity". The psychologist involved never considered the possibility that the patient was simply reporting the facts as they occurred.
I think the psychologist in "Twelve Monkeys" summed it up best when arguing with her boss how they (the shrinks) now get to choose what is real.
And should they decide that a phenomena they have spent no time investigating seems silly to them, well then that's it. Whoever accepts the possibility of the phenomena is either ignorant or stupid. Whoever accepts it as real is delusional.
All this based on an uneducated preconception.
I notice some posters here guilty of the same arrogance.
I have investigated a lot of weird theories and while I don't agree with many, once I have heard their arguments I find sufficient cause to at least understand why many people do.
I don't believe in holographic planes, but I'd like the others here who laugh at those who do if they understand 'why' those others do. Too much obnoxious mockery here.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
People who keep giving out random dates of the worlds end...when's the next date? Thursday? I hope, I hate having dinner with my in laws.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The silliest conspiracy theory I ever heard, one that had me laughing up my drink through my nose was one about some people described as ignorant savages, barely a step above barbarians, conspiring to fly a hi-jacked plane through the most protected airspace in the world, guarded by the best military in the world and crash it into one of the most protected buildings in the world.
I couldn't stop giggling. It sounds like two auto mechanics conspiring to kidnap Queen Elizibeth. Yeah, right. Like they'd ever get within a mile of her.
I can't believe some of the wacky conspiracies people choose to believe.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I hope no one has posted this one (as I didnt read all 12 pages), but this one will make you laugh out loud.
As a truth seeker, its these nut cases that make us look bad.

Conspiracy Fail

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Lord have mercy. That is the funniest/saddest thing I have ever seen. I can hardly believe that is real. Seriously? Naah..

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Okay I have a new one:

Palin being qualified.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

ok ok a big blue star for you buddy

I admit, that is the biggest conspiracy of em all

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I too hope these have not been mentioned in the previous 12 pages as I only skimmed over a few of them. My contribution is on the lighter side, but these conspiracy theories were presented to me as "the truth" by people who honestly believed them.

1) In roughly 1980, I was assailed with theory that Jim Morrison was not dead, but that in fact he was quite alive and a 70's pop culture icon. How was this accomplished? Well because KISS were really The Doors and Paul Stanley was really Jim Morrison and the reason KISS worn the makeup was to hide their true identities as The Doors and allow Jim Morrison a modicum of privacy.

2) A girl I had a big crush on (for two reasons) swore up and down that she had proof that Jim Morrison was not dead, but was in fact in The Peace Corps and living/working with pygmies in Africa. She was bound and determined to join The Peace Corps and go work with pygmies just so she could meet Jim Morrison in person.

3) Finally, there's the guy who claims that he has proof that Jim Morrison is a race horse rancher/breeder in Central Oregon.

On a heavier note, I've come across a couple of sites where claims are being made that a plan is in place to postpone the Presidential Election, declare martial law, and either: A) keep Bush in office permanently or B) Cheney will have Bush offed and claim "the throne" for himself.

Funny thing is I used to hear all kinds of "conspiracy theories" about the collapse of the American financial system and then about a month ago...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I didn't read all the thread - it is quite long! - but I think the worst conspiracy I can think of is the 'Paul McCartney is Dead' nonsense. I know it's hardly Illuminati-level of conspiracy and just a foot note in the history of pop culture but it's something that always leaves me scratching my head as to how it gained any support at all; particularly when any piece of 'evidence' is so easily debunked.

It's an interesting idea and, if true, would be a major scam, but it has no merit at all.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra
reply to post by asmeone2

I don't pay much attention to conspiracy theories, so I haven't heard very many of them, but the one about Diana Princess of Wales having been killed because she was going to reveal to the media that the British royal family are reptiles made me (and the person who told me) cry with laughter. (Really - tears came streaming down our faces!)
Ah, what a fun afternoon that was...

Oh yes! That is one of my favourite sources of hilarity...

(And let's not forget the tidbit that the Queen Mother was actually born a human, but then, around the time when she was ten years old, she was somehow "inhabited" by her later reptilian self.)

As for the threads on this site, this one comes to mind:

Jackie killed JFK !

(However, I do find it extremely sad and even disturbing that people seem unable to empathise with perfectly understandable human reactions in extreme conditions. Such a profound dissociation from the human psyche is no laughing matter, my friends...)

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This is mine

Discovered April 6 by NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory, the swirling, 10 million-mile- wide cosmic dust cloud has been likened to an “acid nebula” and is hurtling toward us at close to the speed of light — making its estimated time of arrival 9:15 a.m. EDT on June 1, 2014.

“The good news is that this finding confirms several cutting- edge ideas in theoretical physics,” announced Dr. Albert Sherwinski, a Cambridge based astrophysicist with close ties to NASA.

“The bad news is that the total annihilation of our solar system is imminent.”

www.dvorak.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

No way is it arriving at 9:15 sharp...not with Nibiru causing all sorts of space jams!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
I hope no one has posted this one (as I didnt read all 12 pages), but this one will make you laugh out loud.
As a truth seeker, its these nut cases that make us look bad.

Conspiracy Fail

That link isn't working for me....... Never mind, it's working!
The one about the rainbow in the sprinkler?
Oh the humanity!

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Whoo boy, I've got quite a list.

-Creationism. Unlike most conspiracy theories, this one has done lasting harm to America's education system. All of the evidence - not just in biology, but in geology, astronomy, and physics - points to the evolution of species, including humanity, and a very old Earth. Simply put: creationism is not science. Neither is intelligent design, for that matter. Yet almost half of the United States population believes it. The "conspiracy" angle comes in when you hear people like Ben Stein saying that the "secularist scientific establishment" is suppressing evidence that goes against evolutionary theory. It just makes my blood boil whenever I hear people like Sarah Palin and George W. Bush promoting this garbage.

-Anything involving the Jews (Protocols of Zion, Holocaust denial, etc). Don't get me started with how vile this is. If it weren't for creationism, this would be on top of my "most hated" list. All of the organizations promoting this are racist groups (white supremacists, Black Power) or Muslim extremist groups, or are connected to said groups. This alone should give you some indication as to the agenda that is behind this disgusting theory.

-Satanism. Yet another one courtesy of the Religious Reich. Like the aforementioned theories, this one has ruined countless lives. From the witch hunts of Salem and the Inquisition to the "Satanic panic" of the late 20th century, hundreds of thousands of people have died or became outcasts as a result of getting hit with the tar brush of Satanism. Today, this manifests itself as the belief that an underground network of devil-worshippers is kidnapping, abusing, and in some cases sacrificing children. In some of the more extreme versions of the story (like Alex Jones' version), the government and media help to cover this up, as they are controlled by the devil-worshippers. In most cases involving "satanic ritual abuse," the suspects were found innocent, yet their lives were still ruined by the allegations.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The one that always comes to mind is Sasquatch?

I have tried to have an open mind on this but there has not been any evidence presented that holds any water.

I would be open to any real proof of it's existance.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join