It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst conspiracy theory you've ever heard?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yeah, definitely the reptilian conspiracy theory. I doubt highly that there are shapeshifting humans anywhere, let alone on the thrones.

Now....I'm not saying that they don't drink blood. They may have an addiction to the adrenaliine.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I don't pay much attention to conspiracy theories, so I haven't heard very many of them, but the one about Diana Princess of Wales having been killed because she was going to reveal to the media that the British royal family are reptiles made me (and the person who told me) cry with laughter. (Really - tears came streaming down our faces!)
Ah, what a fun afternoon that was...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by asmeone2

lol, yep.... organized religion is the biggest conspiracy going, and the most successful

I agree! The whole concept is almost occult material. Each to their own i guess, a few people in my family have said we need to get him converted. Yeah right im gonna live a lie...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
One of the worst conspiracies, "worst" as "mean, deceitful, evil" was the Chernobyl explosion.
The government lied everyone that they would be evacuated for three days, but they never returned home.
The military, firemen, etc. were not told about the nature of what happened, so a lot of people died fighting radiation with just working clothes and no protection whatsoever (actually it doesn't exist ANY protection for the amount of radiation they were exposed).

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
"worst" as in the lowest quality: Dragonflys are sent out to watch us...

"worst" as in the one that worries me the most: Fluoride making us more docile. If something does happen, and this is true, most of us will just stick with the "# it" or "what can I do about it?" mentality.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I wo n't name n ames but one of these just got started--

I think they are mostly bored kids looking for attention, but really hate the "I want to sell my soul/become a demon/conjure a demon" threads.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The guy claims that he travelled from 2040. After someone asks for proof of his timemachine, he puts up a photo of a LEGO NXT.

The thing that cracks me up that after that revelation some people continue to take him seriously.

I was waiting to see someone post this!
I read that thread last night and I swear it must have been created just for the purpose of someone mentioning in this thread.

Here's a quick summary for those who missed it:

"I'm a time traveler from 2040. I'm friends with John Titor. I have come back in time simply to tell you that 'nothing bad' happened with the LHC, although we learned nothing worthwhile from it. My name is Dmitri Habibob and I drive in this retro-futuristic looking car from the 1930s powered by a time machine made of LEGOs (well, the LEGOs are just the casing for the miniature lasers, because after spending all their money on Titor's machine, they couldn't afford a better casing for my time machine.)"

That thread is closed now but I just had to chime in and say, despite whatever it says about the quality of ATS posts, that was one of the few threads that have actually made me laugh out loud multiple times.

I, for those of you who don't know, am I time traveler from November 5th 1985 sent to the future to stop my arch nemesis and help my future kid.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
My neighbor says that Bush "sent" Gustav because he didn't want to speak at the RNC. Highly unlikely IMO.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
THe Ike Hurricane Cover up !!

Apparently FEMA is so organized and omnipresent that they control all media, first responders, emergency craft, air craft, etc.....

Boy, FEMA sure has come a long way from the debacle in New Orleans

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The BIGGEST conspiracy perpetrated on us is the main-stream medical communities fight to cure cancer.

They will NEVER allow that to happen. If cancer were cured their multi-billion dollar enterprise would collapase and we all know they simply wont allow that to happen.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Easy,

1) That NASA is telling the truth?

2) That 9/11 wasnt done by the government?

3) That the moon is 1/6th Earth gravity?

Just a few..

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
interesting thread

My boyfriend used to sell TVs and home theater equipment. One day a couple of people came in and were looking at/discussing TVs. When my boyfriend walked up to them they were talking about how the TV manufacturers place cameras in every TV. They continued to explain that the cameras would monitor what was being watched as well as all activity. Supposedly when you are watching TV, your TV is watching you! The powers that be would use it for advertising/corporate gain/information and also to watch for criminal activity. Whenever the network/station logo appears in the corner of the screen it means that the powers that be are actually looking into your home and viewing what you are doing...

Kind of makes that cbs eye a little creepier, huh?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The Galactic Federation of Light, The Nordics, Scientology.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ggurl777
I'd have to say the "Peggy Kane & Credo Mutwa conspiracy theories"

They are the craziest things I 've ever heard BUT, They made more siince to me than what I'm used too plus they were true.
You think Peggy Kane is telling the truth? She is nuts. Listen to jibberish backwards and you hear the truth from your subconscious?, yeah right.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Toss-up for me.

1.) A directed energy weapon a la "Goldeneye" was used to destroy the WTC from orbit

2.) Reptilian descendants of Atlantis control the world. I don't know how people go from NWO (something I don't believe in, but can at least see the logic of) to shape-shifting lizards walking amongst us.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
cancer causing vaccinations and the successful coverup (I heard this one on Coast to Coast a few months ago), followed by religion, artifacts on Mars and the moon, alien contacts, 9/11 including all of the mis and dis information, The 2000 and 2004 elections, peak oil, drug trade funding black ops... omg I could go on and on!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
My honest opinion? Nearly every theory on this site.

Faked moon landings? Visits by little green men? Infiltration by reptilians? Ghosts? Extra-sensory perception? Flying saucers from starts light years away? Bases on the moon? Jesus being an alien? Nazca lines being landing pads? All of those high ancient technology? World ending 2012? All a complete load of rubbish.

I find all those threads with grainy satellite photos of the moon and mars which people draw circles on and say, 'OMG there be Egyptian statue', or 'FOUND secret city' to be hilarious.

The whole new world order thing? Come off it. It might happen, but it seems pretty incredible that it's actually seriously organised and plotted by a group of elite.

The few theories which I can see being credible are mainly government related. Military technology, the murder of JFK, election rigging, discrepancies concerning recent terrorist attacks, pretensions regarding recent wars - basically conspiracy theories which are logical and have at least some sort of reasonable supporting evidence.

People, especially younger folk, simply want to believe that there is something big afoot, that there are sinister movie-like plots everywhere. I believe it was Richard Dawkins who said that God is a euphemism for, 'I don't know and can't be bothered working it out'. Something similar can be said for so many of these conspiracy theories. People see or hear something strange, or out of the ordinary, and put together wild threads and coincidences because it is easier than logical and rational thought. Not to mention many explanations for these coincidences and odd happenings are simply not exciting enough.

Most conspiracies are correlation, NOT causation.

While I primarily use this site for entertainment for when I am extremely bored, a very select few of the conspiracies discussed here are quite plausible and do have merit. Not many though.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
A thread from a few years ago on ATS
Supercollider...... or Super cover up ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was a tunnel boring machine (TBM) operator on that project. (Gilbert-Shay Construction Co.)
and the thread was funny .

or i could be a government disinformation agent.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
THe Rothschilds control the federal reserve bank and the freemasons. THe Rockefellers commissioned the design and construction of the twin towers. THe desruction of the twin towers was orchistrated by the CIA who is the intelligence arm of the Rothschilds. THe destruction of the twin towers signifies peak oil for the Rothschild dollar. Israel and the Rothschilds control the U.S. congress.

Pretty funny huh.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
without question, john titor.

people still believe that one.

wow.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join