It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst conspiracy theory you've ever heard?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'd have to say the "Peggy Kane & Credo Mutwa conspiracy theories"

They are the craziest things I 've ever heard BUT, They made more siince to me than what I'm used too plus they were true.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Worst Conspiracy Theory?...

Well...about 90 Percet of the information on this website....but specifically a the Extraterrestial/Ufo Section...crap upon crap of threads...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

One thing that annoys me here is how a certain margin of the posters will say that 9/11/Katrina/Gustav/Tsunamis/whatever else is a sign of the impending Rapture, 2012, pole shift, ect. when there is no evidence that they are connected at all. Especially tackey is the "Blame homosexuals for 9/11!" type of thinking.

I find it equally annoying when Tsunami's and Earthquakes are grasped by the Global Warming crowd, not that Global Warming isn't happening but that they truly believe it is an immediate threat to the human race... A little warming is happening, we're not sure what's causing it, we think human industry may be adding to the problem, but there is no reason to think that every bad storm or disaster is some precursor to a real life Day After Tomorrow scenario...

Oh yeah, the blaming certain specific groups for 911 gets on my nerves too. Jews, gays, basically any group of people that there is another group that hates them.. Especially when its in the form of "it was the wrath of god because of all the sinning" (well then wouldn't Vegas have been the target of God's supposed wrath?)... This makes me mad when it comes from religious figures in the USA, because where was their God's wrath when the Europeans waged Genocide against the Native Americans, and for all the other horrors of the world, etc etc, no apparently god only uses his wrath against homosexual offenders

Other silly theories: Elvis is or was an alien, Jesus was a Time Traveling Pandimensional being, and Nostradamus actually predicted the future

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Originally posted by asmeone2
This makes me mad when it comes from religious figures in the USA, because where was their God's wrath when the Europeans waged Genocide against the Native Americans...

Sometimes I wonder if the problems we are having with illigal immegrants are karma kicking us around for doing that.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ggurl777
I'd have to say the "Peggy Kane & Credo Mutwa conspiracy theories"

They are the craziest things I 've ever heard BUT, They made more siince to me than what I'm used too plus they were true.

I;m not sure what those are?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Richard67
reply to post by asmeone2

I remember that Dave Chappelle theory, the was a website dedicated to it (seems to be down or gone now) but basically Oprah, Cosby and every other major black artist/performer where miffed at the way Dave presented black american culture - and they had Louis Farrakhan ready to off him if he didn't come into line.

As the Defamer guys said: "it's either the single most paranoid screed or the best straight-faced satire we've ever read."

I don't know him, but I think it's far more likely he just got fed up with the Paparazi and other pressures of being famous.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That the CIA (those same rascals that dynamited the 9th ward levies) introduced AIDS into the negro population.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think that us being told that CFCs were the cause of the whole in the ozone layer was a whopper. I posted a thread on that that linked nuclear testing to the hole. I think that man-made global warming is a huge scare-tactic conspiracy. Never mind the fact the earth has been warming since the last ice age or we would still be in it. And nevermind the fact the earth has gone through many warming and cooling periods. Damn Al Gore!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I read through as many previous posts as I could manage but had to get on with it and post my own ... I hope this hasnt already been posted .. .

The worst conspiracy I have ever heard is:

Princess Diana was THE direct decendant of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalen

She was assasinated because she was pregnant with Dodi's child and the Islamic blood in her unborn child was considered a heresy that could not be forgiven.

Nice ...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horza
I read through as many previous posts as I could manage but had to get on with it and post my own ... I hope this hasnt already been posted .. .

The worst conspiracy I have ever heard is:

Princess Diana was THE direct decendant of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalen

She was assasinated because she was pregnant with Dodi's child and the Islamic blood in her unborn child was considered a heresy that could not be forgiven.

Nice ...

The poor woman doesn't get to rest, even in death.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf
well.. if you really want to know.. for me its the crazy truthers out there who actually think our own people decided it would be a good idea to kill some of there relatives,,, neighbors... and friends .. by orchestrating the disaster of 9-11. think about it... it would take literally.. hundreds of people to pull off a conspiracy like that,,, the so called higher ups.. arent going to do the grunt work like placing all the explosives in the twin towers .. getting our own militairy grunts to aim and fire a missile into the pentagon.. because they dont think a jet flew into it.. and then some more grunts to rush in.. and plant some wheels.. and other jet debris.. like all these guys are just mind numb robots.. and if there captain.. or seargeant. or whatever tells them to start killing there own families... friends.. and neighbors.. they dont give it a second thought.. and just blindly follow orders.. like its no big deal.. yeah.. sure.. tell me you can find people in the militairy that will rush out and shoot there own people.. oh, and of course the media was behind it also.. they helped cover it up too,, i mean how #ing stupid are these people to believe this crap..

I was about to speak on the 9-11 issue as well. What I most specifically find to be the most ludicrous aspect of the "9-11 Conspiracy" are those who still swear that a missile impacted the Pentagon. Then you bring up the fact that light poles were knocked over all over I-395 (which a missile simply does not do), and the same people claim they were "placed" there. Then you talk about the witnesses who actually saw the plane first hand, and the "9-11 Conspiracy" believers tell you that they were all government plants. You just cannot win with some of these folks. Not to mention that at the time I practically lived in the Pentagon's front yard. A family member of mine heard the explosion and saw the smoke column, and I also knew folks who were there that day. One of them is a USAF Officer, and he actually saw the plane before impact, from his position in the Parking Lot. You want to talk about a credible witness? There simply is not one more credible than him. It was NOT a missile, it was NOT a fighter/attack jet, it was a Boeing 757-223.

Also, I so often hear the criticism of how "The Impact Hole is FAR Too Small For Such An Aircraft". Well, most people fail to realize how truly immense the Pentagon actually is, and how large the devastation was as well. I saw the resulting damage firsthand, and it resembled a gigantic cavern that had dis-emboweled the building. The Pentagon is over 70 feet tall, while the Aircraft is around 40 feet in height. After the landing gear and tail are ripped off, there is less than 20 feet of Aircraft height left.

Say what you want about the World Trade Center, but the Pentagon Conspiracies are irrevocably rendered moot.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I honestly do not mean to burst any bubbles on ATS, it is my opinion though that the 9/11 conspiracies regarding the US government orchestrating the events of that day, are insane. I read over a few threads here on ATS regarding conspiracy/9-11, and none have any evidence, no viable motive, nothing whatsoever that would cause me to conclude that the US government commited the acts of terrorism that thousands witnessed firsthand, and on top of that, some don't even believe the towers are gone, or that thousands of people died, I think that is because with the deaths come proof, and the proof does not point to the government, it points to the terrorists who commited the crime.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I can't believe I almost forgot about the extremely annoying Steve Lightfoot and his John Lennon/Stephen King nonsense. This is the one that claims John Lennon was murdered by Stephen King, and somehow Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan conspired to frame Mark David Chapman for the crime. Steve Lightfoot actually wrote an entire book it, and then proceeded to call every radio talk show he could find(often lying to get past the call screeners after they'd banned him) in order to market his junk theory and website. I think he's still doing it, in fact. In terms of really, really bad conspiracy theories, I'd say that one takes the prize.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Flatwoods]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
OK!!! This was my all time favorite... "FIRE FIGHTERS GET TAKEN DOWN INTO UNDERGROUND FACILITY"

Firefighter swears he and his dept. were taken to a fire, located in an underground complex... Thing is, there was a life size recreation of New York City located there..

Apparently a Version of New York City Complete with Twin Towers, even though this all happend after 911..

He says him and his Dept. were asked by a Millitary Officer to get on the Bus. And after were driven down a large tunnel.. The Firefighter swears seeing a full size recreation of New York City, but with a huge fire..

Ive Tryed a Million Times To Find This Story!!!!!

Totally My Favorite !!!

No Lucks..........

IF You Find It, Please Post a Link.

FAQ,.!!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
YEA 911 Could Not Have Benn a Government Conspiracy!!!!!

Just Because some Arab Flight school drop-outs can steal, like four jet airplanes!!!

Doesnt mean the Government ever could!! NAR!!! NEVAR!!!!

You People Have your head so far up your Rear,

You Cant tell...

that we Can tell...

That your DISINFO Agents....

So Stop Bashing on Honest Conspiracy Theorists, OR, We Will Leave....

Your Lucky We Come Here At All... COPS!!!!!!

xul

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Lately i've been laughing at various "There is life on Mars, can't you see? Maybe someone wants you to think those things on pics are just rocks" threads.
The funniest thread was that one where someone claimed something like
"ok, ok, yes, this are just rocks, BUT I think they are alive".

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Sorry to get all heavy and all but there is one conspiracy theory which never gets mentioned and I think it is important enough to be mentioned here. What about the events surrounding the death (or was it murder?) of Dr David Kelly. . .?
He was the well respected weapons inspecter who told a British journalist that Blairs weapons of mass destruction claims were utter rubbish. While taking his daily walk in the fields and woods behind his home Dr Kelly is said to have somehow cut his wrists and taken an overdose. . .
Residents in the area said they had seen strange men dressed in black hiding in the woods in the hours leading up to Dr Kellys death!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I believe the best conspiracy theory I ever heard, albeit not from this site but rather from a person, was that JFK was actually the one who ordered the hit on himself. Here's some of the things I remember from that conversation.

1. JFK had chronic back pain that continued to get worse as he got older. JFK needed drugs to sit for long periods of time. He had a bed brought into the White House Theater so he could watch movies.

2. He believed his affair with Monroe would eventually ruin him and his families reputation.

3. He called in the director of the CIA to discuss a means to bring about his death. He insisted that it be an honorable exit.

4. The CIA brought in their best snipers and assured him that it would be very quick. He had been given an extra large dose of drugs to deal with the car ride anyway.

5. Johnson was fully briefed and swore that he'd take care of his family and work to bury all evidence forever.

6. As a side note, this person stated that Edward Kennedy actually uncovered some critical information and was bought off be being assured that he's remain in public office as long as he chose through vote manipulation.

That's the best one I've heard. I know, through documentaries, that JFK did, in fact, have chronic back pain that got worse the older he got. I also know from those same documentaries that he had to take pain killers for that condition. That's about all I could independently verify.

Now you all have heard it too. Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The story that we have to send troops to North Vietnam because if we don't stop the Communists there we'll be fighting them on the streets of America.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
For me, its a tie. All of the 9/11 stuff seems like wild speculation at best to me. I don't necessarily buy every last detail of the government's story, but I think its much, much more plausible than the conspiracy theory and the available evidence leads me to lean strongly toward the government's explanation as well.

The other one? Its really not a conspiracy, so much as a hoax. That would be the Global Warming garbage. Don't get me wrong, I think we have an effect on our climate and potentially an adverse one at that. However...no one has shown me a good reason why paying Al Gore for carbon credits actually does anything except make Al Gore or the UN or whoever else is actually selling them very, very rich. How does purchasing the right to pollute solve pollution? One of the all-time scams, IMO.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join