It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woopie claims McCain wants to bring back slavery....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Geez, this woman is completely lacking of any intelligence. Does she even understand how the constitution works? Whats worse is, you know she thinks she's the smartest one in the room.

Even though this show is nothing more than a bunch of clucking hens, it goes to show how the media tends to treat Republicans. They are always trying to make white people/Republicans in to this horde of racist monsters. Its getting really old.

Who the hell are these people clapping? Arghh.....

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'll give you one guess... The same people that call us racist for saying we don't like Obama, the same people who call us racists for being Republican, the very same people who subscribe to the race baiting and gender baiting campaign platform that the Democratic party seemingly will be elected on. I know, it's a disgrace and I think John McCain did very well for himself considering the nature of the accusations being thrown at him non-stop from clearly "enlightened"
Woopie Goldberg

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
As I've said before about Matt Damon, actors should act, not try to be political pundits. The same applies to comedians. Where the issue of slavery came in during a discussion of the U.S.Constitution, shows her ignorance and racial divisiveness.

She wasn't interested in the topic at hand, she just wanted to take a cheap shot. why he'd waste his time appearing on this show is anyone's guess.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

She wasn't interested in the topic at hand, she just wanted to take a cheap shot. why he'd waste his time appearing on this show is anyone's guess.

Yeah, she wasn't even listening to what he had to say. Shes one of those people who doesn't listen, she waits to talk. She misrepresented what he said and as hes correcting her, shes just chomping a the bit to talk.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this up, because Whoopi is obviously on top of her political game here.

Not only does she force a McKain flip flop, but she's just totally hillarious!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

...a bunch of clucking hens...

I love irony don't you?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
She misrepresented what he said and as hes correcting her, shes just chomping a the bit to talk.

Since they're speaking about Roe vs Wade, which deals with the due process clause of the 14th Amendment, of which also deals with negating racial segregation, what did she misinterpret?

You are laughing because she opposes McCain's view that "Roe vs Wade was very a bad decision" nullifying the 14th amendment, and that the Supreme Court should not have enacted the 14th Amendment?

McCain here wants the Supreme Court to only analyze the constitution, and leave legislation of it to Congress. By doing so, and denying the 14th Amendment, he's essentially opposing the end of to the ban on racial segregation, which lead Whoopi to ask if he's also against the other Supreme Court Amendment (the 13th) dealing with slavery.

It seems here Whoopi has more know how about the Constitution than the people laughing at her.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
First off, I saw the View and McCain made himself look like a complete idiot. He said that Palin is the best VP he could ever imagine!!!! He also tried to over talk Whoopi and would not answer questions with a direct answer of yes or no, he kept running around in circles trying to loop people without actually answering the question. Luckily the ladies with the exception of the other woman who sat on the end have common sense to have picked up on McCain's ignorance. He made sure he kept mentioning that he was in prison as if people haven't heard it a million times already. I find it funny that people keep downing Barack simply because his skin is tanned. In case people have forgotten his mother is WHITE, so yes just because his skin isn't peach, he is still half WHITE. When you watch each of their speeches, check out the difference between the crowd of people in the room. Attending Barack's speeches are blacks, whites, asians, hispanics, indians. When you watch McCain's you see a full room of white people and maybe 5 black people spread out about who stick out like a sore thumb. I just don't understand why people hate black people so much, but blast hip hop, wear the clothing, get tans to be darker I can't comprehend that. McCain said plain as day that he DID NOT AGREE with Roe vs Wade, which translates to me and many other people with common sense as prejudice and Whoopi called him out on it. I feel so sorry for any woman who votes for this man. He wants to tell a woman what to do with her body as if it's his right. Lets say a black man rapes your 13 year old white daughter and she gets pregnant. According to McCain you and your daughter don't have a choice, she is gonna have the baby whether she likes it or not for all you racist narrow minded fools. Barack Obama is the change for all of us white, black or in between. The only people focused on race are the Republicans, since the posts above state that Republicans are all white people. McCain only used Palin as his VP because Barack didn't use Hilary, duh!!! They don't even agree with each other's politics as Barbara stated on the View, McCain couldn't even answer that clearly. He should be focusing on retiring and vacationing somewhere, not trying to carry out revenge for being locked up in a prison some 30 years ago.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This video made my day.

McCain has his legs crossed, like everyone else. Hands in the same spot too...
Looks like something out of a Satire movie.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Instead of spending her time on the view, maybe Whoopie needs to go back to school.....What an unintelligent question?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I can't believe the ignorance of the OP and those who have sided with it! It is very clear that Whoopi is concerned about what McCain was saying about returning to the original Constitution, which totally allowed slavery. It wasn't until the adoption of the 13th Amendment in 1865 that this was no longer lawful in the United States. And Whoopi NEVER claimed that McCain wants to bring back slavery, as suggested by the title of this thread, she simply asked a legitimate question considering the words that came out of the Senator's mouth.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
My god.

McCaine only disagreed on HOW the 14th amendment was decided. Not it SHOULDN'T of been decided in lamens terms.

You people who are saying the critics of Whoopi are ignorant should get get your facts straight and analyze the video a little further.

Why must people get too technical? That's why nothing ever gets done in our legislation.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
OMG! Here we go again with that racist crap! I would like to see religion and state separated. What I want most especially is to keep politics and entertainment separated as well! We do not need our children dumber but smarter that what was in the past, stays in the past. We all need to move forward. Sheesh!

top topics

join