It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


The Chain Across the Road

page: 2
<< 1   >>

log in


posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:44 PM
After awhile, Maggie led John down the road to her house. The normal
twenty minute walk took an hour as they dodged and evaded sniffer
teams. Once, they sat concealed in the brush as a three-man crew walked
so close to them that they were sure their own breathing would give them
away. They listened to the men's conversation as they passed.
"Probably dead at the bottom of that hole that used to be a house", one of
them was saying. "I can't believe the sons-of-bitches were still alive after
so much exposure to Strewer." "We found nothing else alive within a two
mile radius, nothing, not even a bug, or a bird, or anything!"

When it was clear again, John and Maggie finished their trek downhill to
her place. Entering, they bolted all the doors and windows and sat
quietly still for half an hour, hoping they would not be followed.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:45 PM
Two days went by and they began to feel as if the whole ordeal must be
over. John and Maggie spent most of the time inside, keeping out of sight
as much as possible. They talked for hours at a time, about everything.
Life as they saw it, love as they felt it, freedom as they visioned it, and
happiness as they wished it. They found enough common ground to form
mutual respect for each other. As the second day turned into night, they
lay in the darkness holding each other close, taken with each other's touch.
They made love. Slowly and gently, with kisses preceding every move.
And it rained.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:09 PM
It rained hard for three days. Little rivers sprung up all over the place,
eventually flowing together to form bigger little rivers. Maggie and John
stayed in the house most of the time, catching up on lost sleep and lost
love. Although they had no idea of what was transpiring elsewhere, plans
were under way to repair and re-activate the broadcast beacon they had
destroyed. Workers labored in the pouring rain for three days until they
were satisfied that the equipment would work again as specified. The
hatch was closed and the crew and all involved drove away in the fog.

Another day went by.

The rain stopped, the skies cleared, and the sun came out.

At precisely 06:45, the hatch slid open.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by SIEGE]

<< 1   >>

log in