It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Joe Biden be dumped off ticket ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Will Joe Biden be dumped off ticket ?

www.worldnetdaily.com

Will Sen. Joe Biden be dropped from the Democratic Party ticket before Election Day?

Television pundits, talk radio personalities and blogs have been buzzing with speculation about a last-minute VP switch for the party.

On Fox's "Hannity & Colmes" last night, Sean Hannity asked Gov. Ed Rendell, D-Pa., "Will they replace Biden with Hillary ?"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I would say definitely no. Such a move would undoubtedly play into the Republican party hands and secure the presidential elections.

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hillary is by far the better choice, but I don't think they,ll make the change for one reason, Barack Obama doesn't want her. She made him look foolish in the primaries, and he still hasn't got over it. His dogmatic attitude and inability to let bygones be bygones, will be the very reason the Democrats will lose the Presidential race in my opinion.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Heh Obviously I have no horse in this race considering im writing in Paul. That being said if the Democrats lose this election they might as well give up and dissolve the party. If they can win when Bush has screwed everything up like he has then they just need to walk away. The Republicans handed them a victory to take and they still cant win. McCain shouldnt even be close right now.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
WND isn't a very reliable source most of the time.

Having said that, what conditions would occur for Obama to be allowed to change his running mate? Can he do it for any reason he wants, or would Biden have to do something illegal or have something in his past come up? Even if Obama can change his running mate at will, I don't think his supporters would like him changing his mind.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
If Biden got dumped or if he leaves the ticket for some reason (which means he probably got dumped) it would just open the door to attacks on Obama's judgment. If he can't pick the right VP, how can he be trusted to pick the right cabinet or the right federal judge?

Unless a health issue pops up, Biden should be in it to the end.

Besides I don't think the Obamas can trust the Clintons.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
No I dont think he will for political reasons. Though if biden behind the scenes get serioiusly ill ..... reallllllly ill as in near tragic ... short of death or (god forbids) - death - that will be only way that obama can get another running. The word "dump" is out of the question. The word should be "chose another vp" because biden is no longer available to serve. so we have less than 60 days to see what happens.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I believe Obama has had his shorts in a bunch ever since mccain took on palin.

I think the writing is on the wall. The Hill will come and save the day like atom ant.

Could someone please work with her on those pant suits.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well if Barack is going to do anything like that he better hurry because he is running out of time, but I doubt he will ask Hillary drectly because remember he is a sexist.
Oops, did I say that again?

Wait, Obama met with Bill just a few days ago.
Probably to discuss some strategy that can make this happen without questioning Barack's initial poor judgment about Biden.
All I can say is Biden better stop travelling by plane if Bill Clinton is now Obama's secret advisor.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That could reflect badly on Obama.

Personally I like the idea, the question is how are they going to do it, to avoid backlash and controversy.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Might be a good idea to keep a very close eye to Biden's travel plans over the next two months, both domestic and abroad.
Something tells me gaffe meister Joe already knows something is up, which is probably why Joe and Barack are hamming it up with each other.

...after today’s Obama-Biden speeches to a massive crowd in Springfield, Ill., many reporters are rolling back the tape and asking each other, “Did he really say that?”

When introducing his running mate, Obama said, “So let me introduce to you the next president - the next vice president of the US of America, Joe Biden.”

And then when it was Biden’s turn to speak, the Delaware senator called the presumptive Democratic nominee “Barack America” instead of Barack Obama.

“My friends, I don’t have to tell you, this election year the choice is clear. One man stands ready to deliver change we desperately need. A man I’m proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next president of the United States, Barack America,” Biden said, per ABC News’ Sunlen Miller.

read more

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Heh Obviously I have no horse in this race considering im writing in Paul. That being said if the Democrats lose this election they might as well give up and dissolve the party. If they can win when Bush has screwed everything up like he has then they just need to walk away. The Republicans handed them a victory to take and they still cant win. McCain shouldnt even be close right now.

Normally I would say you are right about the dems winning. However you ignore the race issue.
That is a big issue probably bigger than your unit!

I think the US is doing pretty well with their first serious african american candidate. He has a good chance of winning on the merits comming down the home stretch.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Leo Strauss]

top topics

join