It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemic vids. Food runs out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
These were posted up to another site and I thought they may be a little thought provoking for some of the survival minded here.

Kind of rang home for me since we have a similar plan with the choke point stairs and the very same fire ladder. Creepy. And the classic ending: Don't worry honey, fema will be here soon.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Anyone care to comment on the vids?

Its a real wake up call for folks.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Whoa, those are some pretty scary videos. They do reflect human nature, though. Sometimes I think we're destined to kill each other off because we can't seem to overcome our own worst impulses.

I hope that in a pandemic those things won't happen, but I fear they will. I guess it depends on how bad the pandemic is.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thought the videos were very realistic. Wish the family had had more guns and ammo, and knew some first aid...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Nice videos... really makes one think.

Rent this if you get a chance, it is pretty thought provoking as well.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The second one creeped me out pretty good since it about the exact same preps. The ladder, pretty much the whole thing except we had intended to board up from the inside w lag bolts into the studs, since the double panes could serve duty as a simple entry alarm.

Creepy scenarios.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The second clip link was brilliant.

Very realistic.
Note the use of a 'jacobs ladder' for entry / exit.
This is very wise if you want to barricade your main doorway heavily to the extent of nothing getting through.
A varient on the medievel Barmkin, Tower house or Bastle:

en.wikipedia.org...

Such ways may become known once again...

Indeed I've seen a building in Russia that featured a doorway six feet above the ground with nothing save a ladder nearby!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yesterday I went in the talk to the local red cross rep about bird flu. She had some questions about the how we were prepared where I work and a few other things. CDC is telling people that they should be ready to shelter in place for 2 weeks. Not to plan on being to go to the store ect. The state plan states that we should plan of 40% absent from work. If you have 40% of the truck drivers off the road don't plan on finding any corn flakes at the store. I can't remember the author but the quote stuck, "the next revolution is only two meals away".

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Bird flu or any pandemic flu is a nasty one since you don't know who is genetically resistant until they are infected. Some are just carriers with no ill effects. Bad stuff.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hmm,

Yeah, i see what you mean.
Did anyone notice the cool, siphoning kit he was using? That would be a handy system to have in SITX!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Its all a crap shoot unless you can go all the way.

If the world changes this way we will lose all that don't change with it. Evolution at its finest, IQ becomes entwined with brass ones. Those are the only ones that deserve to live and will earn the right.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Funny how this got buried.

Here it is for the folks who think they want to plan.

top topics

join