It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prices surge as Ike closes in on Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

I have never in my life or careers asked for a raise, though I have earned many.

I am apparently in the presence of greatness then. I know of no other person who does not attempt, whether by working for raises, or working for bonuses, or considering pay as a primary reason for choosing a job, who did not in some way try to maximize their income.

I'm not getting on that bandwagon

Then you agree that we should be dependent on areas so concentrated that a single storm could wipe out our only present source of energy, leading to wide swings in the prices and sudden shortages. Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

I am in full agreement with you that we need to fully investigate and develop new and alternate sources of energy, but in the meantime, we need oil. You can cry and whine about how it's unfair all you want; life itself isn't fair. Or you can do something about it, whether that something is development of a new energy source or participation to prevent disruptions in the present one.

In other words, don't cry about it, help fix it.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I am apparently in the presence of greatness then. I know of no other person who does not attempt, whether by working for raises, or working for bonuses, or considering pay as a primary reason for choosing a job, who did not in some way try to maximize their income.

Again, you said when I ask for a raise... I have never asked, actions, hard work, productivity, etc have earned raises.

Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

I want it neither way, when there are other ways. We need a new direction, not more dependence.

In other words, don't cry about it, help fix it.

In a world of apathetic people, one person alone is unable to fix something of this magnitude.

No cause is worth crying over. Ignorance is bliss.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

In a world of apathetic people, one person alone is unable to fix something of this magnitude.

I'm glad Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Galileo Galilee. Isaac Newton, Eli Whitney, Benjamin Franklin, Marconi, Alexander Graham Bell, Mother Teresa, Ghandi, and countless others did not feel that way.

Neither do I, incidentally. But you have my sympathy.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I seen on TV that people were seeing the price go up twice as they wait in the long line.

That is just ridiculous!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I'm glad Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Galileo Galilee. Isaac Newton, Eli Whitney, Benjamin Franklin, Marconi, Alexander Graham Bell, Mother Teresa, Ghandi, and countless others did not feel that way.

How many of these magnificent people have taken on the big oil companies?

It is a nearly impossible battle, one that will take more than science and a viable alternative to win.

Much of the world's economic problems currently can be tied to oil, most of the current wars and threats of new wars are also related to dominance over oil producing regions of the world.

Some people fail to appreciate the power, influence and control the big oil companies have over our governments, economies and lives.

As long as we are dependant there isn't much anyone can do about it.

Build a car that can convert water to hydrogen, burn the hydrogen as fuel, thus run on water... and see what happens to you!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Gasoline is as low as $2.97 per gallon here in Oklahoma City today. Gasoline prices have dropped steadily since Hurricane Ike was over.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Just 13 days since my last post and unleaded regular gasoline here in Oklahoma City is as low as $2.30 gallon today. Check zip code 73127 below:

Gas Buddy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join