It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi OKs Killing 'Immoral' TV Execs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

www.cbsnews.com

(AP) Saudi Arabia's top judiciary official has issued a religious decree saying it is permissible to kill the owners of satellite TV networks that broadcast immoral content.

The 79-year-old Sheik Saleh al-Lihedan said Thursday that satellite channels cause the "deviance of thousands of people."

Many of the most popular Arab satellite networks - which include channels showing music videos often denounced as obscene by Muslim conservatives - are owned by Saudi princes and well-connected Saudi businessmen. Al-Lihedan did not specify any particular channels.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sheesh...Ever heard of overreacting? Why not just shut their site down if it is in some sort of "violation of religious decree"?

These guys would literally be put in a straight jacket if they saw what was a regular part of programming in the states. lol

"I want to advise the owners of these channels, who broadcast calls for such indecency and impudence ... and I warn them of the consequences," he said.

"What does the owner of these networks think, when he provides seduction, obscenity and vulgarity?" he said.

"Those calling for corrupt beliefs, certainly it's permissible to kill them," he said. "Those calling for sedition, those who are able to prevent it but don't, it is permissible to kill them."

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

deviancy is a product of nature. Trees dont always grow straight. Nature corrupts itself, cancer, disease. killing in the name of a religious opinion dominated by the state and fear is just as immoral as broadcasting what people generaly regard as stupid tv anyway.

Im glad i live in a country slightly more free that saudi arabia. I would suggest to the saudis to watch an episode of American Dad called "stan of arabia" to get a full view of how I think about this.

I believe in live in let live unless someone is trying to harm me, then its on.

=====
Mod Edit: Removed excessive quote.

[edit on 12/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Some tv execs deserve shooting for some of the stuff they pass off as "entertainment" these days.

I have actually managed to leave the tv off all this week, immersing myself instead in a good book and DVD's and I don't think I've missed anything of any great importance or entertainment value.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

its saudi ,
they follow wahabi islam
worst and most corrupted muslim country in my opinion

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
On that news, both Sean Hannity and Keith Olbermann should be reassigned to Saudi television immediately.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Jeez, you figure it would be permissible to kill Saudis that do immoral things like hijack jets and fly them into buildings, killing thousands of people.

Or they could make it permissible to kill Saudis that won't let their women drive.

Or hey, they could make it permissible to kill any Saudi who refuses to increase oil production and jack our prices.

And what about all those people that get executed horribly by being stoned to death in the public square over sex "crimes"? Haven't they figured out yet that it causes severe PTSD in children and adults alike, and they should kill the barbaric stoners too?

:shk:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have a real problem with a society that thinks the death sentence is right for not conforming to a strict moral code.

Who determines what is OK to view on TV and what is a corrupting influence.

I think that such a strict view of life is a corrupting influence so do I have the right to kill him?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Suadi Arabia is not the only Islamic country on the map that is extreme,
Try Yemen, Sudan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran etc.
I know there are good Muslims out there who strife for humanity and equalness within but the laws of Muslim nations do not reflect the humanity they reflect from within.

en.wikipedia.org...

UAE

The form of Sharia exercised prohibits 'sodomy', effectually outlawing any homosexual relationships.[14][15] Whilst the UAE tries to put on a public image of tolerance, acts such as kissing in public may get a person imprisoned and then deported. [16]

The UAE also does not allow individuals past retirement age to stay within the country without a job. Upon retirement, residents must return to their country of origin. People with TB, Hep C and AIDs are also discrimated against, any non-citizen found with these illnesses may be deported (Hep C from July 1, 2008)
Discrimination in the workplace is common, prospective employers will specify religion, nationality (and even regional origin in some cases) and also specify the sex of required candidates within job advertisements. It is very common to have different pay scales depending on nationality and sex. Policies are in place in certain instances where state employers are required to fill in vacancies with UAE nationals, a process called Emiratisation.

EGYPT

Several local and international human rights organizations, including Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, have for many years criticized Egypt's human rights record as poor. In 2005, President Hosni Mubarak faced unprecedented public criticism when he clamped down on democracy activists challenging his rule. Some of the most serious human rights violations, according to HRW's 2006 report on Egypt, are routine torture, arbitrary detentions and trials before military and state security courts.[35]

Discriminatory personal status laws governing marriage, divorce, custody and inheritance which put women at a disadvantage have also been cited. Laws concerning Coptic Christians which place restrictions on church building and open worship have been recently eased, but major construction still requires governmental approval, while sporadic attacks on Christians and churches continue.[36] Intolerance of Bahá'ís and unorthodox Muslim sects, such as Sufis and Shi'a, also remains a problem.[35] The Egyptian legal system only recognizes three religions: Islam, Christianity and Judaism. When the government moved to computerize identification cards, members of religious minorities, such as Bahá'ís, could not obtain identification documents.[37] An Egyptian court ruled in early 2008 that members of other faiths can obtain identity cards without listing their faiths, and without becoming officially recognized.[38] (For more on the status of religious minorities, see the Religion section.)

The human rights situation in Yemen is poor. The government and its security forces, often considered to suffer from rampant corruption, have been responsible for torture, inhumane treatment and even extrajudicial executions. There are arbitrary arrests of citizens, especially in the south, as well as arbitrary searches of homes. Prolonged pretrial detention is a serious problem, and judicial corruption, inefficiency, and executive interference undermine due process. Freedom of speech, the press and religion are all restricted. [18]

Human Rights Watch reported on discrimination and violence against women as well as on the abolition of the minimum marriage age of fifteen for woman. The onset of puberty (interpreted by conservatives to be at the age of nine) was set as a requirement for marriage instead.[19] Reports of other forms of hostile prejudice directed towards disabled people, and ethnic and religious minorities were also reported. Censorship is actively practiced and in 2005 legislation was passed requiring journalists to reveal their sources under certain circumstances, and the government has raised the start-up costs for newspapers and websites significantly. In violation of the Yemeni constitution, the security forces often monitor telephone, postal, and Internet communications. Journalists who tend to be critical of the government are often harassed and threatened by the police

There is little chance Muslims can change their own Islamic policies of structure and lifestyles, Islam can not change Islamic countries them selves and little is done to help their own for change when their is a guilt of faith hang over it all.
Trying to change the laws is like disagreeing with the Qur'an's scriptures and the guilt and consequences are in built to the complete agreement.
The law of the Islam can not be seperated with the faith, you will never have a majority Muslim population living in democracy even if it was an experiment without there being a war.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by The time lord]

---------
Mod Edit: (fixed code) or (added links)

[edit on 12/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Just when I am convinced that my country is being flushed down the toilet, I read this and realize that we have a long way to go before we are this despicable.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

the sad thing is those countries follow their form of islamic law
its the best way for them to keep control and power of their people,
which they mold as they wish

[edit on 12-9-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I am sorry to say that even the minority Muslims in the UK are under this influence and once a community or area of the city becomes dominated by Muslims they become cocooned them selves back to the same system.
Honour killings will continue and fear from within their own families will carry on the forced stamp of oppression. But Oppression in Islam means people who do not inforce it or believe in it, and is quite the opposite of how the West interprets that meaning.
There has been many proposals of Shari'a Law courts just for Muslims and Sharia Banks have now openned.

A stealth Islamic uprising of these extreme laws are comming to open democratic countries. People will not challege it in fear of being labelled racist or Islamophobe and people are burying their heads in the sand.

new topics

top topics

join