It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kentucky gas price !!!!$5.80 a gallon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
9 dollars a gallon in Norway, so i dont feel sorry for you....

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien life uk
Cor Blimey matey, I would willingly pay about $6 a gallon, we over here pay about $10/11 a gallon.

Just curious but do your gas prices go up 33-50% per year?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm in western North Carolina. Yesterday morning we were at $3.79, by yesterday afternoon, it was at $3.99. Then the panic hit, and every gas station I drove past was lined up pretty well. By yesterday night many stations were running out. My friend saw one station that was only selling amounts of $50 or more. I just went out around town today and saw several stations which were out completely, most were down to premium only, and the prices for regular (which is out) were ranging from $4.29 to $4.49. Then I went past one last place, and they had regular at $3.99. I can't figure out the wide disparity between prices at stations only a mile or less apart.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by drumist69

I agree about the different prices at gas stations just blocks/miles a part. Last night I filled up (as I meantioned). This morning, I drove past 3.61, a block away, 3.69, and then two more blocks, 3.45. The place I filled up at last night is up .10 today. No one here seems to be in a panic and no lines (southeast VA). But, I think the high gas prices are going to hit soon. Betting around Monday.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

Perhaps you should enlarge your world view so that common Kentyucky speak isn't something you think is below you.

He spoke beautifully, he spoke from the beautiful state of Kentuchy, and what part of his message did you not understand. I'll try to translate into "ignorant arrogant" for you. Mkay??????

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
yeah here in memphis there is my regular station which is at $3.75 and right across the street it's $3.35, how does that make any sense? And then a few hundred yards down the road there are two at $3.99.

Luckily I filled up early this morning for $3.35 at my regular station. No huge lines although I did notice a few places on the way to work that were out of regular. Boggles the mind.

Those of us who aren't losing our minds still have to fill up, and i'd rather do it at $3.35 than $3.99 or higher. Makes me feel like part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I want to apologise to the OP.

In an earlier reply I complained about the English in the post not making sense.

I meant things like

"$290 to %5.80 in half a day"
which I am sure was meant to be
"$2.90 to $5.80 in half a day"

and I felt this was lazy

But another member has u2u me a message (that I can't reply to) that the OP was from Southern America. I had assumed that the OP was a native USA citizen.

'BeforeTime' I would like to apologise as I did not realise that English was not you first language.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
gasbuddy

gas is not over 4.00 in lexington?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
here in australia we get gouged every wednesday afternoon. prices here are always cheapest on a tuesday. for example last tuesday prices were AU$1.30 a litre by wednesday afternoon they were at AU$1.53 a litre. i live in queensland and we get a subsidy so our prices are lower than the rest of the country. still im sick of this weekly fuel cycle. buying petrol on a tuesday evening after work is a nighmare. queing forever just to fill my tank up.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBadge

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
As of yesterday it was 5.80 35 minutes north of where I live. Also the gas station across the street was 4.19 and had already changed 4 times that day. I haven't checked the prices this morning, but I will get back to you. It is going to top $6.00 but how high it gets I have no clue.

(is that better mod?)

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Aron1138]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'm in Michigan, Oakland County area.
Friday, late afternoon, I paid $3.70/ gal.
Saturday morning I paid $4.25

$.55 increase in less then 14 hours.

Obviously there is no reason for this as the gas that was in the ground, at the pumps, Friday afternoon was the same gas that was in the ground Saturday morning and it was already paid for at the previous purchase price by the gas station.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

According to the news it is because the Texas oil refineries were wiped out by hurricane Ike. So when it's needed we HAVE oil we just can't turn it into gas. yes, it is the same gasoline as it was yesterday the demand for it has risen.

*sigh* and people thought 1973 was bad wait till they get a load of 2008.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aron1138
reply to post by jfj123

According to the news it is because the Texas oil refineries were wiped out by hurricane Ike. So when it's needed we HAVE oil we just can't turn it into gas. yes, it is the same gasoline as it was yesterday the demand for it has risen.

*sigh* and people thought 1973 was bad wait till they get a load of 2008.

The demand actually hasn't risen, the perceived supply has been potentially restricted.
We also have quite a few refineries in Michigan so that shouldn't be an issue at least in MI as they can simply bump up output. From what I've read, there are no refineries operating in the US that are at or even near 100% output capacity.
The reality is that Ike is an excuse to guoge the consumer and since the current administration is in bed with the oil companies, they won't prevent the gouging from occurring.

Now in addition, the oil companies have chosen to build their refineries in high risk area's so they should be responsible for offsetting the costs themselves.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
...updating, price-gouging conflict in the US:

Power outages caused by Ike threatened to keep millions of gallons of gasoline output idled for at least several days.

The price of regular gasoline soared as high as $4.99 a gallon in Knoxville, Tenn. on Saturday, up from $3.66 a day earlier.

In Florida, the attorney general's office reported prices as high as $5.50 a gallon in Tallahassee and said it had received 186 gouging complaints.

''The Department of Energy and state authorities will be monitoring a gasoline crisis so consumers are not being gouged,'' President Bush said.

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 14-9-2008 by arktkchr]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well Arizona today , 3.59. The governor stated on the news they will prosecute gougers. So it seems to be working. They even gave a hotline number to report it. On another note , we get our gas here from a California pipe line.

Places that get it from Texas will temporarily get it from Cali.

ama

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

''The Department of Energy and state authorities will be monitoring a gasoline crisis so consumers are not being gouged,'' President Bush said.

Yeah cause he's been doing such a good job so far ???

The oil companies have been gouging for the last 3 years and where has bush been?
I always find these completely hollow statements sickening.

What a joke.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
An update in western North Carolina...Most stations are completely out as of today. I stopped in one place last evening to get a soda and asked the lady when they expected the next delivery of gas. She said "hopefully in the next week". In other words, she didn't have a clue really. Looks like it will be tight supplies around here for the next week or so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join