It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kentucky gas price !!!!$5.80 a gallon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustbelt

I am in the Lansing area and right now it is still $3.92 at the gas station around the corner. (but the lines have not gotten any shorter) A friend was in the Jackson area around 4:30 today and called to say that prices were past the $5.00 mark and warn me that I should fill up. My parents are on their way to visit family in the southern KY/ northern TN area and said the further they drove the higher the prices became.

Ama - I can't imagine that long of a drive lately.

I'm really hoping you are all correct in saying that this is wrong and that we have some hope of avoiding the gauging.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE
I'm actually looking for a decent motor cycle to get to work with, I drive alone and have 1 bag so it's really pointless to use a car. Maybe a scooter depending on my level of shame

Don't be ashamed to drive a scooter!!
They are awesome! If it were possible for me to do so I would! (but with the speed at which they travel I don't think that's an option)
I guess I'll be screaming with rustbelt for that electric car

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't know at first I thought this was some sort of joke, but then i did a quick google. Strange....

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Same here in Memphis.The gas was 3.49 now its jumped to 3.90.Not much but you should've seen the lines

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I just talked to a truck driver whose company is based in Huntington, WV, and she told me that they are out of fuel in Lexington and stations heading east are starting to run out too. She also said that stations in North Carolina and Virginia have started rationing fuel. Looks pretty bad.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Same here in central Mississippi. I was in Houston, Tx. the first of the week and paid 3.29 a gallon there. Was back home this morning and paid 3.59 here in central Mississippi. Now on the news they are showing stations here a mile down the road w/ gas going anywhere from 4.89 to 5.49 a gallon. Many stations are closed here b/c they are sold out. Humans....such an irritating and ignorant species who go nuts every time a fly farts. It's a hurricane....gas production will resume...people get gouged b/c they think they have to buy every drop the station has. Imbeciles. Sorry...started ranting.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

Im from Brodhead, 7 miles from Mt.Vernon . There is no where in mt. vernon with gas that high. In fact nowhere in the county is it that price. Today it had went up to $3.99 from $3.59.
And Mt. Vernon is nothing but gas stations and motels. I had dr. appt. today in somerset ky and dr. told me one of his staff called in to the office saying that gas was $4 something in montecello ky.

But with this hurricane, no doubt we will see a large spike. I went and filled up my truck and a gas can today, just in case it starts jumping.

But I didn't know about the new law here. I'll check that out.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
they blame the hurricane? wtf..but ithought our oil came from other countries? or what... i dont get it!?

explain!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This pic posted at abcnews.com Gas Gouging shows gas at 6 bucks a gallon in Florida. This is capitalism at its finest folks. Laws of supply and demand at play here....legal, hardly, but well within the confines of our supposed economic system.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
they blame the hurricane? wtf..but ithought our oil came from other countries? or what... i dont get it!?

explain!

About 1/4 of the refineries that produce gasoline are in Texas. My former father in law is an oil man that lives in Houston. Many of those refineries have shut down and let their employees evacuate in lieu of hurricane Ike. Therefore they are anticipating a gasoline shortage i.e. Katrina. That is the gist of the logic they use.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Virginia here. I saw your post and went out to fill up because I forgot to on my way home. Glad I did. I passed one station that was at 3.61 and drove two blocks to fill up at 3.45 (Wawa station). I bet by morning they will jump even more. I'm glad I got it at 3.45...not bad from what I'm hearing.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I understand what is meant when talking of the "imbeciles" (haha I enjoyed wkdclwn96's short rant) but I don't think that the craziness can be avoided. I consider myself a calm and rational person, and I do try not to lose control over insect flatulence...
... But the things I heard on the radio added with the numerous people calling me with panic in their voices and I found myself beginning to feel a bit panicky myself. It was short lived, since I realized there was absolutely nothing that I could do about the situation, but I was still angry.
What I'm trying to say is that humans react on the emotions around them. Once the panic starts it is hard to stop, and normally calm people will probably still be sucked in by a bit of panic. Its a terrible thing, and I agree that it is irritating, but I'm not sure it could have been avoided - unless the gas prices hadn't been raised in the first place...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hi
I live in the panhandle in Florida,saw the only gas station open it was $5.49per gallon----------crazy

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wkdclwn96

then why are we paying like 100 bucks a barrel? i thought they made this whole fuss about overseas oil and the cost to import it and that the other countires are setting the prices?
wtf

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
then why are we paying like 100 bucks a barrel? i thought they made this whole fuss about overseas oil and the cost to import it and that the other countries are setting the prices?
wtf

They did say that... and it is a good point that has a lot of people saying wtf?! But what they are saying now is that our supply is down - due to the shut down of refineries a couple of weeks ago because of Gustav and now they are being shut down again because of Ike. If our refineries are closed we cant produce the gas - we can still buy the oil for the same price, but we can't do anything with it. Does that help?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunson

Sorry to say that whatever you were told was a lie. No station in Lexington has run out of gas and most are still at $3.74 a gallon. Hell, the station right up the road near me is $3.58. This runaway gouging is rampant in smaller communities that get 1 tanker every 7-10 days to fill their tanks. They don't want to run out, so they are charging $5.50 a gallon. Only one problem; they are going to lose all the money they might make by gouging after the state fines them. The last time the state fined people for gouging (minor), most fines were in excess of $50,000.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Sounds like gouging.. the gas prices in San Antonio haven't changed a bit. Although I suspect that they will eventually rise to those $5 per gallon prices depending on how badly refineries are damaged in this hurricane.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Gas Prices here in south central Kentucky were 3.99 /gal. this afternoon it jumped to around 5.00 /gal with gas lines 1/4 long. we even had a stabbing while waiting in line for gas. I have also noticed from time to time that water was mixed with gas to the point that the car would not run.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
why is it KY is the only one with this problem....if i were you i wold push for class action lawsuit for price gouging....i live in alabama and its only 3.50 here and we have rigs right of of the coast

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join