It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kentucky gas price !!!!$5.80 a gallon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

That map you linked to says the highest national price is 5.40. There are no stations listed in the area you show with that price. In fact, your map shows no local prices at all.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
but how do we stop them from gouging ?

call the police?

cause the police are there already directing traffic

basically i got no idea what to do to stop them from gouging

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'd give Frankfort a call.

Gov. just issued the gouging bill effective immediately. Let them know what's going on and they should get someone down there.

In the meantime. Don't buy it!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
to be honest i never looked lol

but i know they got a gas station there lol

they might have 2 not positive.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

www.senate.gov...

sorry lloyd getting accustom to being nice.

I do not see why this was voted down, no amendments and no pork?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm down here a few miles from Galveston bay and the hurricane is rolling in. Prices this morning in Houston were in the $3.60+ range. Nothing over the $3.70's. I smell a rat in Kentucky.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Prices are averaging 4.20 in Bhmam Alabama.
If you are lucky you can find a 3.99 station.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I don't feel like registering right now, but this post seems fishy. I live in Kentucky also...and first of all, gas hasn't been under $3 here in quite some time, and second of all, gas is not over $5 either.

I call bs. Granted I don't live exactly where this person does, but I do live in the state and I know our gas trends.

And about the hurricane...please. Show a little respect for the huge amount of damage it's going to do. I've got family in Galveston and some of us care more about people having houses to come home to than a spike in gas prices. I mean yeah, high gas sucks, but imagine coming home to nothing after this this monster comes through.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
In Michigan right now its crazy too!!! Its still around $4 more or less where I am but the radio has said its over $5 in nearby cities and people are freaking out! I went to fill my tank when I heard, but when I saw the gas stations had lines for 1/4 mile or more down the road I went right back home deciding that it wasn't worth the wait or added aggravation.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Columbia SC

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You Yanks have it ok, over here in the uk, pertrol is £1.09 a litre and deisel is £1.21 a litre.thats over £4.00 a gallon which converts to over $8.00 a gallon.What is your opinion on that ?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken there were laws back in the 70's gas crisis that would not allow gas stations to change their prices until they got new gas delivered at a new price??? This was to thwart this kind of behavior.

The REAL scary thing is how quickly society would unravel if we were ever all thrust into a crisis. Price gouging would only be the tip of the ice berg. . .

2PacSade-

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by breano

Convert our salaries to your salaries and you will see that you are likely double income, double expenses.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by breano

my opinion would be that I was used to paying what I was paying (around $3.75/gal). I was even complaining about the $0.20 increase that happened in between the times I bought gas. It used to be ridiculous for gas to fluctuate even $0.05 now and then. (Not to mention the fact that when I bought my first car gas prices in my area were $1.65/gal - and I have a picture of that back home) Now instead of $0.20 more I will be paying at least $1.25 more per gallon! My tank can hold 12 gallons. So last week I was paying around $45 at the pump and this week I can expect to throw away upwards of $60. I also have to make it known that when going to work it is almost a 30 minute drive to and from, and I work 4-5 days each week. Then there is the fact that I am a college student and have to drive to and from classes - at least a 15 minute trip to and from. And, since I am a student I am only working part time for a little more than my state's minimum wage.
not funny but for some reason I'm laughing...

My opinion is that based on the amount of gas I use and the amount of money that I make I will be nervous about paying my bills this month.

My opinion is that I feel violated - its not fair that I need to buy this gas because there is no other option, and that I have to pay whatever they tell me to pay - yet they aren't increasing my paycheck or lowering my tuition costs to make up for it.

Question to all the non- "yanks" out there:
How long does it take you to get to and from your obligatory destinations? How much gas do you think you use? And lastly, what is your minimum wage?

Not trying to offend anyone, I'm just a little upset. You may say that your price is more, but you would be upset if they jacked it up 30-40% higher than what you are paying.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
My husband has an hour and a half drive each way. Rite now in Phx area gas is at 3.69 , but some gas station owners on the news said it will go up 1.20 tomorrow. This is just nuts. This whole world is nuts. I am so sick of the greedy taking until every one else has nothing and they hold all the cards.

Karma is a bit**.

Ama

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by justxxme

I'm in the thumb justxxme and gas is steadily climbing. Gas was 3.77 this morning @ the local station. After work I filled up,(like I always do on payday), @ the same price of 3.77. No lines, nothing being said about a price increase. 45 minutes later I went by that same station and now its @ 3.87. My wife left for work 2 hours later and now its @ 3.99. Still not too much of an increase.(I've seen bigger 1 day increases)
I think these stations found a loop hole in the gouging laws here in MI. Raise it a little @ a time a couple times a day. where you @ btw? I'm just outside Davison. Ohh... to my fellow ats'ers in the U.K
I guess us Yanks should count our blessings.
Keep screaming for an electric car I guess

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
i went and got gas this morning it was 2.90 a gallon
by 2:30 pm it was 5.80 cent a gallon
new's is saying it's because of Texas..something about a hurricane and oil field or some crap...

Don'i panic! Make sure you have enough gas in the tank to get your loved ones to help in an emergency. Take the car home, put it in the garage and leave it there. If it comes time to go to work, call in and explain you can't come in for lack of gas/money. If enough people do this they'll get relief. Otherwise, enjoy life..have a pic-nic, listen to the birds sing...but above all, DON'T PANIC!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here in BC/Canada its been roughly 5.30 /us gallon (1.40 /L) for like a month now. Which makes less sense since we sell you our oil and have the oil sands here.

I'm actually looking for a decent motor cycle to get to work with, I drive alone and have 1 bag so it's really pointless to use a car. Maybe a scooter depending on my level of shame

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Two words.

Fear and Greed

Mix them together and you get panic, more fear, and scumbags price gouging.

Look at how dependent we are on gas or think we are.

Just think if people did the opposite and actually remained calm for a long period of time.

Where would gas prices be then?

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I live in Eastern KY and it has hovered between 3.80 and 3.60 per gallon all summer. I heard it was going up but this evening we bought it for 3.89. Word has it it will rise 1.25 overnight. It will be tough until those refineries fire back up again. The trouble is, that as supply rises, the price is slow to go back down if it does at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join