It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: Don't follow herd on the economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

NEW YORK (CNN) -- "The people who survived the Great Depression were the ones who had money to buy when everybody else was selling." -- My grandfather

I learned a lot from my grandfather, but that might have been the greatest lesson he ever taught me. He wasn't just talking about managing money, he was talking about managing life -- and his words have stuck with me since I was a child.

A few years back, I was taking a theology course and the professor recommended only the books whose authors he agreed with. I read those books, but I also asked that professor which books he thought had it completely wrong -- and I read those too. Then I made up my own mind. After all, following the herd is fine until they all run off the side of a cliff together.

www.cnn.com...

the steps to depression as stated by economist cum Professor Roubini

Professor Roubini recently laid out what he called the "12 steps to financial disaster." Unfortunately, they were really complicated, and I have severe ADD, so I've boiled them down into five phases that even a rodeo clown like me can understand.

I think of these like our military's "DEFCON" -- or defense readiness condition -- scale, except that this countdown could end in the meltdown of your bank account:

• DEFCONOMY FIVE

How you'll know we're here: The housing downturn turns into a free fall, making it the worst collapse in our country's history. That not only triggers massive numbers of foreclosures and lost household wealth, but it also sets off another large wave of bank write-downs.

www.cnn.com...

people in USA and world must keep their eyes open for this

man i wonder at times with such state , the US economy is in doldrums , yet it goes around murdering russians in ossetia , through their georgian stooges , instead of concentrating on getting the economy out of recession

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
As with all of Glenn Beck's writing, there is zero substance and lots of pomp and arrogance. Eewwww...

If he admits he's not an expert, why is he writing this in the firstplace?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Glenn Beck has been on top of our current economic fiasco since at least February. He had a former US comptoller on who basically laid out the truth on how the Gov't finacial books are cooked.
That interview started me on a path to find out the truth of what is going on. Glenn spoke of the potential for a Great depression type scenario. That led me to End times discussions, gov't conspiracies, etc....

I found Project Camelot, then C2C, then I found ATS and others............I've been compelled to soak every tidbit of info since.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Pinktip]

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Pinktip]

new topics

join