It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cashing in On the Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I read an article about a company called ""You've Been Left Behind, LLC"". Basically, if you pay them $40/year, they will send out emails to a list of your non-christian loved ones 6 days after the Rapture with a message of your choice. The idea is to send them a message to encourage them to repent and accept Jesus as their savior, etc. Another feature is 150mb of encrypted storage space where they advise users to store their financial info in order to allow their non-believing friends access to their money once they have been taken to heaven, instead of letting the government of the anti-christ get their hands on it.

Now, IMO, this company seems sketchy. $40/year to setup an automatic email being sent + 150mb of storage is a little steep and there is an obvious profit being flipped. Adding that the site actually encourages users to store very personal financial info on their servers makes the company seem even more questionable. However, this is not the angle I wish to present.

This article made me think about the various ways people can turn a profit off of peoples beliefs, fears, loves...emotions. This led me to start thinking about Project Blue Beam (hey, this is SkunkWorks afterall). Assuming that the holographic technology exists to pull off a staged apocalyptic event (ie. Christian Rapture, UFO invasion, etc.), what will the PTB do to exploit the fear and belief that is created? What will "common" business people do to shear their share? What might be happening right now that is something of a pre-emptive exploitation?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Gotta love this...you pay THEM to try and convert your friends....somehow I'm not so sure that this is an ethical way to get people to convert....

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wow cool you have to pay them $ 40 a year where do i sign up

(Man computers suck at sarcasm)

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

join