It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embattled Investment Banks Evade U.S. Tax Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations reported Wednesday that investment banks Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers, Deutsche Bank, Merrill Lynch, UBS and Citigroup were involved in a scheme to avoid billions in taxes, according to the International Herald Tribune.

I find incredible that some of this financial institutions has been bailed out by the Fed and to know that at the same time they are involved in tax evasion makes my blood boil.

Now that they are losing money IRS is to go after them? What a joke, what happen when they were reaping profits.

While Americans are facing foreclosures and bankruptcy news like this makes you realized that is nothing but a big scam at the expenses of the tax payer in this nation.

www.iht.com...

Wall Street Firms Involved in Tax Dodge, Probe

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm sorry, you apparently don' t understand a basic fact about banking; When you deposit $100 in the bank, how much do they 'loan' out? Zero. BUT, they do loan out up to $900. And when it is repaid, they stick almost ALL of it, 1200%, in their pockets. I call that counterfeiting. They are robbing the M3, or the holders of American fiat money. They then use some of their criminal profits to bribe politicians, to keep them quiet. It has worked quite well since the Depression. How about a movement to 'draw, hang, and quarter' any idiot dumb enough to go bankrupt while counterfeiting? When they do, they have most of their assets 'protected', and they are not personally liable for the debts they renege on. Like most corporations. Ingenious method to commit crimes with no repercussions. Our government would not allow this, if they were not bribed, or threatened. If someone tries to stop it, they end up dealing with the 'grassy knowl'. Now, their government, not ours, is relieving them of personal responsibility again, at our expense. The federal, state, county, and local budgets equal 75% of GNP. So how much are our taxes really?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thanks for your response I am very aware of the scam that is call the Federal reserve and the banking system.

Their job is to rob blindly the tax payer of this nation, with the help of corrupted politicians in a corrupted system of government.

Interesting enough that you will not catch any of this news on main stream media TV.

As they are also controlled by the same people that control corporate America.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is a great find marg props to you. This is something that EVERYONE needs to see. These same people who did everything in their power to avoid paying taxes are now asking for a bailout from the taxpayers. I had mentioned this on another thread but had no good source. Well you have found me one. S and F for u.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I just read some recent news blog about Bernanke. And it occured to me that we could start a drive to imprison this traitor, for his treasonous acts. Anyone have any ideas on how it could be done?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

This group of people hat run our nations federal reserve and banking system are all above the law and laws are passed in the corporate control government and congress to protect them all.

We the citizens are the ones that are prosecuted for tax invasions and jailed, we do anything groups do and we all go to jail, they get bailed out.

new topics

top topics

join