It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

theoretical WW3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If your country called upon all able bodied people to go take up arms and fight for the grater good of your nation or humanity, if given the choice what role would you like to play in said war, IE AIRFORCE, pilot? gunner?etc,ARMY para?,communication? special forces?etc NAVY, strategy? chief?etc.
obviously all the above are examples of the many operators needed so feel free to add your own as there are many.
me well i have always had a thing about guns, held the licenses and had many guns, and my choice would be to become a sniper,for the challenge of finding the enemy and taking that one long shot then vanishing, i am not trying to glorify war you understand I'm just interested what part you would play and why.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I would stay out of it, being as much as a pacifist as you can get in this world.

Can i ask you do you want it too happen, so you can get your dream there, lol?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Interesting question, 'stealthyaroura'. I was going to say sniper too, at first. But honestly, I think I could be the most valuable to my country if I was used in intelligence/planning/strategy areas. So I'd be in an office or a tent with computers, maps, charts and the like.

If not there, maybe leading a team of cooks in the mess hall. I have lots of experience with that.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
In case of WW3 all several hours until i become ash or even star dust i will proudly serve my country. Really. In any job that will be required. I just prefer that it will not be in some deep bunker - that will make me suffer longer.
My zero cents.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I dont know that it is a question that can be answered in a theoretical situation (although it is a very interesting thing to think about). It would all depend on how the war started, why it was being fought, etc.

In the most likely scenario, it kicking off because America continues to try and spread it tyranny around the world, I would be in the tillamook national forrest, living off the land, waiting till all the morons wipe each other out.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'd be a Fifth-columnist within my own country doing all I could possibly do to undermine the efforts of those within my nation who wanted to pursue a war with any other country.

For peace to reign in this world, peace-lovers will one day have to rise up and kill the warmongers and their soldiers.

Should a major World War break out in the future, every person in every country who truly loves and wants peace should rise up and disarm the the warriors in their countries.

To end war, kill the soldiers...even if he be a brother.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
WW3? if there is it will be the last war ever. the nuclear force that the world has in its power is enough to stop life existing for 1000's of years. so before we get turned to dust and atoms i'll stay as far out of it as poss.
i do not get people who want to join the army and experience the horrors of war.
who honestly wants to be put in that position?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Can i ask you do you want it too happen, so you can get your dream there, lol?

No i don't want WW3 to happen but if called upon by my government to protect my country i would fight

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well thanks for the honest replies so far, as for the war being nuclear do you really think nations would use the nuclear bomb? then with so many unstable country's having them i suppose if they let one go i guess others would retaliate back (M,A,D) and as for running for the hills will you be given that choice? i know many would do so anyway even if it was made illegal not to join up and fight. Another thing what would happen to all the really dangerous folks in prison like if they got a hole blown in the wall and could escape? there must be a plan for such things, would they shoot the prisoners if it came to it?

new topics

top topics

join