It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Known UFO's Exist For Year's!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
In 1978 I was 13 one morning very early me and my dad got up at 4 o'clock to go pike fishing, in Haydock near where I live. We were picking a friend of my dad's up at his house on the way, as we turned into the cul-de-sac where he lived my dad said what's that behind that house it looks like one of them UFOs, he said quite calmly like it was nothing. Then this ball shaped object came over the top of the house dropped about fifty feet in front of the car in the middle of the road, it was about as big as at semi detached house! It had like a cylindrical thing whirling round the centre of it. It was red, yellow and orange in colour it hovered there for a few seconds. Then tilted on to its side and was gone like a flash. Now at this time on this planet I am pretty sure there was nothing of that size and shape that could move like this did. My dad said I don't think we'd better tell anyone about this or they will think we're stupid so up until now I haven't. But when people deny the exeistance of UFOs I have known for more than twenty five years that they do exist. And basically I'm not bothered if anyone believes me! As long as I know the truth that's good enough for me!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i surely hope you took the time to report that account of a UFO to mufon's website. i enjoyed it and thank you.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by vintage65

Is that Haydock as in 'Yick'? Nr St Helens?

If so I work not far from there and would be extremely interested in knowing more - such as have you had any more sightings, etc.

Glad you're standing my your guns...

What was the date, because we can check the newspapers for that time and see if anythign made the local rags - like other witnesses, etc...

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yes it is Haydock near St Helens I have seen one more so far!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
cool

it also sounds like you dad has known about ufos for a long time aswell.

sounds like a good experience glad your sharing expecially after such a long time i wouldve had to tell somebody long before now.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
For every one who sees a UFO, im sure there are thousands of people not reporting it.

I would most certainly not report it. Seeing one would make me very happy, but I wouldnt share it with anyone. Its just not smart since most people are likely to ridicule it.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vintage65

It is interesting you claim to be from St Helens area and spell like someone from England. Did you grow up in England and move to the states?

This may be small, but it does stick out like a sore thumb. Remember, the devil is in the details.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

If he was a brit he was have said me dad not my dad. bothered is not a term exclusive to england, especially not in that context.. he didn't say he couldn't be bothered.. had he said that.. I might have agreed with you.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

www.sthelens.gov.uk...

There are load of places in England that share the same name as other placies in differant countrys. He didnt say wich country.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
theres a st helens in england, near haydock. i presume thats where he means

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
He's from the St Helens area in England - hence the 'Yick' comment I made earlier.

You must realise that there are lots of places all around the world that share the same name...

Not everything is about the US you know?

top topics

join