It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evidence For Jesus' Existence is Overwhelming

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
i'd like to direct those who have a penchant for historical references, to read the story of Enmerkar and the Lord of Aratta. The language may be a bit difficult to navigate but keep your eye peeled on what this King of Akkad wanted from the human populace and how he treated them. I believe there's sufficient evidence to prove that he is the biblical Nimrod, the babylonian Gilgamesh, the egyptian Narmer, and subsequently the egyptian Osiris (after he died), who also known in some texts as Horus (the Elder). He not only was the founder of the Babylonian empire system but the founder of the Egyptian Dynasties. He's a key player in the whole picture of ancient history.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

OK, just so you know, I have Native American ancestry, and it was wrong in that case as well! Nothing grinds my goat like reservations for a once proud people, not to mention the attrocities inflicted upon them! This does not help your point with me!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

You left out the rape aspect!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

OK, just so you know, I have Native American ancestry, and it was wrong in that case as well! Nothing grinds my goat like reservations for a once proud people, not to mention the attrocities inflicted upon them! This does not help your point with me!

listen, i'm a female and men have historically treated women badly. does that mean i shouldn't believe anything men say? let's dispense with the blaming our ancestors spiel, if you don't mind!

your people, as you put it (erm, i'm a people too), have a history rife with similar examples as the rest of ancient history. it even sounds as if some of them were saved from the flood devastation. which can only mean 1 of 2 things: 1) they were human or 2) they were nephilm.

either way, you're there with the rest of us. the thing about yeshua that is important is, that he provided for everyone, regardless of ancestroy or heritage, to inherent the promise. meaning that even members of the nephilim populace could be saved. prior to that, only humans had resurrectable bodies. this is proven in the Epic of Gilgamesh, when he laments his situation as a hybrid. the hybrid body could not be resurrected.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Either He existed, and was who He claimed to be - Lord and Savior; or not.

Nope either he existed or not. 'What he claimed to be', is a different story.
Don't mix it up please.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I was reacting to using what Europeans did to Native Americas as a argument for justifying what the Israelites did to the inhabitants of modern day Israel. Mass genocide is never acceptable for any reason! If you were Jewish, would you accept the holocast as an acceptable argument to prove the same point? I doubt it!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

I was reacting to using what Europeans did to Native Americas as a argument for justifying what the Israelites did to the inhabitants of modern day Israel. Mass genocide is never acceptable for any reason! If you were Jewish, would you accept the holocast as an acceptable argument to prove the same point? I doubt it!

it depends. let's say for example, that tomorrow, a whole army of hybridized human-ETs came down to the planet and proceeded to take over by any means necessary. what kind of reaction should the populace of the planet have? that of course, would be contingent on what they were trying to accomplish. in this case, however, their goal is to wipe out the human species. some new agers call it an upgrade, an evolutionary step, i think it's genocide on a global scale. and it won't go unnoticed.

i truly believe that was the scenario the israelites were facing in the story you refer to. sadly, this scenario is set to repeat at least once more and possibly twice. and one of those times will be to fight yeshua and his army of "saints". remember yeshua's claim is the inheritance of the planet for the human race. that's an important note.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

OK, I think you missed how this all started. It was a discussion about the difference between the Old Testament God and the New Testament God.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Jax you were accusing God and the Israelites of out and out murder for no reasons whatsoever ..You read it all out of context and have not even dug into the circumstances of why it happened .And what was all going on at that time .
That was my whole point .

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

OK, I think you missed how this all started. It was a discussion about the difference between the Old Testament God and the New Testament God.

i understand. the old covenant was set to protect the human race from itself and its annihilation at the hands of the nephilim. as a result of the events leading up the mesopotamian flood (black sea flood, which see), it was clearly apparent that this was going to be a battle of the species, which eventually became a battle of the races.

the reason this is so is outlined by moses, when he describes the oral tradition the slaves passed down among themselves, regarding their history. apparently the tower of babel event was a pivotal moment in history which many don't quite understand. there's alot of textual support, not just in the bible but in the sumerian, akkadian, babylonian and egyptian texts, on this subject. when you read them all and note the similarities and discrepancies, a new picture forms that makes it alot more apparent what had happened. i won't get into that here because it would change this thread dramatically, but i will say that it was at that point, that the earth was divided into territories watched and ruled over by various "extra-terrestrial" races, who had a genetic and financial investment. jehovah's investment were the humans.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

No, I'm accusing the Israelites of genocide, and using God as an excuse! Much like the church trying to kill off the Muslims during the Crusades.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

And the why is easy, after fleeing Egypt, they needed a place to live. The spot they chose just happened to belong to someone else.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
and to really throw a wrench into the works:

there's some small indication in the sumerian-akkadian texts, however fleeting, that the first humans were black people. this has far reaching implications in context with the rest of the ancient texts. for example, it explains why some races are continuously subjected to slavery and
genocide. they are also frequently infiltrated by nephilim progeny, who
are then used to keep them in the necessary mindset to repeat this type
of history, over and over again. witness ancient egypt. the pharaohs were not just semitic. they were black, oriental and europeans, mixed and not mixed, and all (my theory) nephilim rulers, specifically designed to shepherd the human slave population for the purposes of resource acquistion.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

As for your other question: I must first ask this- what do you know about the Messianic prophecies?

I know all the verses that mention them and all the verses used to show that Jesus fulfilled them.Why?

In their Torah, the death penalty is acceptable as well as killing in self defense. After looking at the accounts, it definitely looks like what took place was in self defense.

In Deuteronomy the Israelites continued their wanderings,along the way they conquered too.In chapter King Sihon refused them passage across his land,God hardened his heart.What happens next? God starts to deliver up the King,his people and his land,the Israelites finish them off.

33 And the LORD our God delivered him before us;and we smote him,and his sons,and all his people.34 And we took all his cities at that time,and utterly destroyed the men,and the women,and the little ones,of every city,we left none to remain:35 Only the cattle we took for a prey unto ourselves,and the spoil of the cities which we took.

Such destruction,sanctioned not only by God but caused by him because he hardened the Kings heart.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Men were created in the image of God and men have sure corrupted that image and should be ashamed of themselves ......may God have mercy on them all .

Shouldn't that be,"may God have mercy on us all.

The original meaning of the words man and mankind is that of a human,both male and female.

Its only in fairly recent history that these words started to be used differently.

I personally would never under any circumstance take anyone elses life ..I had 2 husbands who beat me for nothing and held a gun to my head ..I did not even fight back ...(I would rather die than hurt anyone) I know I am a pacifist .But I have to say I do agree with it in war time as long as the wars are just .I also think maybe sometimes it is necessary in a death row sentencing (In some cases)I dont consider the war in Iraq just but I dont consider our troops as murderers.

Defense against such men is justified.Knocking them unconscious and stamping on their head isn't.You have every right to defend yourself.If the war is not just then neither is the killing which takes place,so these deaths could be classed as murder.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
[Shouldn't that be,"may God have mercy on us all.]

Yes sorry about that ..for sure I needed to say US ALL >.. ....

[Defense against such men is justified.Knocking them unconscious and stamping on their head isn't.You have every right to defend yourself.]

I agree and I believe every women who has taken a life of someone who tried to kill them for years and snapped ...needs to get let out of jail for killing their abusers .(They definately need help though for the rest of their lives as far as mental help ) ..
But as for me ..I cannot even kill a fly ..I swat it and just knock it out lol .
I do not feel right to take anothers life to save my own .I know where I am going ..and if I killed a lost one ..then their blood would be on my hands .I would not feel good about cutting their life short before they could even have a chance to know the Lord ....(He who seeks to save his own life will lose it ,he who loses his life for Christs sake will have life )

[If the war is not just then neither is the killing which takes place,so these deaths could be classed as murder.]

I believe those who sent them to war for the wrong reasons are the ones guilty of possible murder.Not the men and women who were fooled into believing they were fighting a just war .....

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Yes sorry about that ..for sure I needed to say US ALL

S'ok

I believe those who sent them to war for the wrong reasons are the ones guilty of possible murder.Not the men and women who were fooled into believing they were fighting a just war

Oh yeah,without a shadow of a doubt they are the guilty ones.But as these people have no conscience i don't think they'll lose any sleep over it.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

And the why is easy, after fleeing Egypt, they needed a place to live. The spot they chose just happened to belong to someone else.

Shhhh,most Christians like to ignore that bit.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

And ignorance is bliss!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Do you believe that the decendents of sons of God and daughters of men were evil?

Just curious coz in Genesis 6:4 it says the offspring of these sons and daughters became mighty men and men of renown.Now renown means to be highly honored and acclaimed,to have an exalted reputation derived from the extensive praise of great achievements or accomplishments.This doesn't sound like the description of a wicked person.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
I know all the verses that mention them and all the verses used to show that Jesus fulfilled them.Why?

To be honest- I totally forgot where I was going with that last night.

I think I was going to mention the Messianic prophecy of Daniel's 70 weeks or the foreshadowing of Abraham and Isaac to God and Jesus but after rereading our posts, I can't remember what I was going to say!

And as for your verse, can you cite me a book and chapter? I only saw the verses. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join