It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Explain This Light-Bow!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I hope I'm posting this in the right area but I was just curious if anyone out there might be able to explain what I saw this past night. I was coming home and where I live there aren't many lights so the sky is fairly lit up. What I saw was a bit odd to me but it appeared at first to be a faint light reminiscent of a beam from a large spotbulb like the ones they use to promote grand openings, but when I went around to the other side of my building I saw it extending over the other horizon.Thats when it became evident it stretched across the entire night sky as my girlfreind who was with me at the time pointed out.The best way I can describe it is as a rainbow of just faint light,unlike anything we ever saw before.The band wasn't directly over head but at about 25 degrees N/NE of the horizon and seemed to be made more visible by the moonlight.It was most certainly not clouds because it was a uniform band that didnt move and it didnt seem to be any kind of refraction or light bending.Does anyone have any ideas??? did anyone else see it???? I was in Southern CT and it was about 9 pm with clear visibility.Your input would be really appreciated guys.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Puzzling

im not too sure tbh the only thing i can sudjest is if its a rainbow of light it could be the milky way u saw

did it look anything like these below

homeboyastronomy.com...

www.astronomy.org...

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm sure it wasn't the milky way...it was a thin transparent ray of faint light stretching across the entire sky...wish i had my camera...but thnx

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BennyBlanco

What was the sky like at the time was it clear and was you near anystreet lights of any kind or anything like that because if you get away from all that and the pollution it most probably was the milky was but if you wasnt i dont know then sorry i couldnt have been more help.

top topics

join