It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: 70,000 may suffer post-Sept. 11 disorder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
how many people will couch thier lungs out in 5 years is my question , the asbestos ammount in thouse tower would be surfisient to kill more then half manhattan

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

You say that and I understand where you're coming from, but there were many people that were glued to their tv almost 24/7 for weeks on end after 9/11. A lot of them carrying heavy emotions of guilt of not being there or being able to help, anger, and so on and so forth. Some of them carry their own valid kind of PTSD, it happens and it doesn't make them weak, right?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
No, when you put it like that. No. I consider myself weak because I kinda freak out just getting on an airplane. That's what I originally thought, honestly.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm so happy someone mentioned the toxic plumes at ground zero. No one is addressing this issue. The EPA flat-out lied to everyone there and no one has been held accountable. The government won't help. First responders are sick and dying. I heard 8 of the 12 search and rescue dogs which were there have since died of cancer. I met someone down there on 9/11 of this year who was sitting with an air-quality device taking measurements, he told me how bad it still is. People are suffering in so many ways and the government is no where to be seen. They've betrayed the heroes and the victims in so many ways.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
No, when you put it like that. No. I consider myself weak because I kinda freak out just getting on an airplane. That's what I originally thought, honestly.

I believe you and it's quite common and in no way does it indicate weakness.
We're all in this together DE, there's never any need to discount or minimize how we feel.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Thats just the point. Not everyone even realises that they are feeling this stress till something triggers the realization. You getting on a plane, some people riding in elevators. Some won't take jobs in highrises or even buildings of more that 5 stories. They check stairwells and exits where ever they go. Its a very insidious malady!

Zindo
edit to say: this is just exactly what the people responsible wanted!

[edit on 9/18/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Is there any real way to get fixed. I was downtown during the attacks, went through the whole experience. I have nightmares of attacks on the city all the time. I have an extremely hard time on subways and elevators, and even planes. Im a man who just wants to not feel this burden but havent talked about it much in 7 years. This is the first time I have looked up discussions on this. Nice to see im not the only nut out there.
thanks

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I don't, for one second, believe that someone who has developed PTSD, as a result of being there on 9/11, is soft at all. I was referring to the people who saw it happen on TV and are only connected to the events patriotically, not personally.

My boyfriend lives in Maryland, in the middle of nowhere. We were recently discussing 9/11 and he said that even though they were far from the attacks, a lot of the "redneck type" got really strange after 9/11. Maybe it is the patriotic thing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join