It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continuation of Government (COG) Plans Suspend Constitution!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I wasn't certain where to post this, so I selected this - mods feel free to move if appropriate!

I just came across this... Full text here.

"Notice: Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Certain Terrorist Attacks

Consistent with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency I declared on September 14, 2001, in Proclamation 7463, with respect to the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center, New York, New York, the Pentagon, and aboard United Airlines flight 93, and the continuing and immediate threat of further attacks on the United States.

Because the terrorist threat continues, the national emergency declared on September 14, 2001, and the powers and authorities adopted to deal with that emergency, must continue in effect beyond September 14, 2008. Therefore, I am continuing in effect for an additional year the national emergency I declared on September 14, 2001, with respect to the terrorist threat.

This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.

GEORGE W. BUSH
THE WHITE HOUSE,
August 28, 2008."

According to my research Rumsfeld, Cheney and Oliver North created a COG (Continuity of Government) plan authorized by Ronald Reagn's Executive Order 12656 to cover “any occurrence, including natural disaster, military attack, technological emergency, or other emergency, that seriously degrades or seriously threatens the national security of the United States.” I am under the impression that these COG plans were implemented and ordered into effect around 10:00Am on Septmber 11, 2001.

The above article describes NSPD 51 (National Security Presidential Directive) issued by the White House in 2007 as an extension of the COG directive issued in 2001 for a period of 1 year. It also states that as of August 28, 2008 the President has again extended the COG directive for a period of 1 year.

What concerns me the most is that NSPD 51 contains a number of secret directives known as "Classified Continuity Annexes" which are "Protected from unauthorized disclosure." Neither Congress, nor high-ranking memebers of various committees which guarnatee aprropriate clearances for committee members have been permitted access to these "Secret Continuity Annexes". The White House has indicated that the members do not possess the requisite clearances.

To me this is a Constitutional Crisis as there is absolutely NO OVERSIGHT which renders Constitutionally guaranteed Checks & Balances ineffective. In fact, as I understand it, the President holds singular dictatorial powers over the country and has the authority to supercede any or all of the Constitution at any given point.

This insightful and enlightening article sheds even more light on the topic. Apparently by declaring and implementing COG directives, over 500 dormant laws, to include censorship and martial law" were activated by the declaration by the President.

In short, it appears that the United States of America has ceased to exsist as a Constitutional Republic on Septmebr 11, 2001 and that we have been governed under dictatorial powers granted the president, by the president, without any form of oversight or restriction. It appears that this has been carefully planned and implemented by the Neocon scum of the earth - Cheney, Rumsfeld and North for over a quarter of a century. But my question is, to what end?

Is this to enable a more integrated government with the rest of the world as is the case with the SPP (Security and Prosperity Partnership)? Is this to strip the US of all of it's wealth and redistribute it to a few people - as we have seen with the government takeovers of financial institutions, corporations and Freddie and Fannie where the taxpayer will be left holding the bag and the corrupt officials responsible for the mess walk away intact as multi-millionaires? Any ideas on what is going on here and why Congress cannot crack this? Moreover, any ideas on what should be done about this as a supposedly "Free" citizens of the US?

join