It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about History research paper.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hey all,

Long time reader, first time poster ha!
I am writing a research paper for a 20th Century American Sports class. It is a senior/masters level split History course. I have a 15-20 page paper on any topic in Sports History but the only guidelines are: It was to clearly define the historical problem and then provide a solution to it.

So my idea is to discuss free agency in baseball. I have got a couple pages written, basically the background. I am to the early 1900s talking about the labor movements that were taking place in baseball. From there I am going to talk about select events in baseball labor until the beginning of the modern free agnecy era i.e. Curt Flood, Dave McNally and Andy Messersmith. From there I am not exactly sure what I should do.

I am thinking about my solution to it just kind of being the Moneyball theory, using Sabremetrics and the like to evaluate players, and the traditional way of using scouts, like in the book by the Braves owner John Schuerholz. Any input or resources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

Chuck C

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Look into Bill Veeck. You could write the whole paper just about him, and what he did for baseball.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by testrat]

join