It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden living up to his gaffe-prone reputation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
As the democrats frantically try to find something, anything to derail Palin and McCain, problems with their own VP nominee surface. But they should have known this would happen as Biden has a history of making gaffes.

article about Biden's many gaffes

Senator Joseph Biden Jr., the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, is an experienced, serious and smart man. But he does say some curious things. A day on the campaign trail without some cringe-inducing gaffe is a rare blessing. He has not been too blessed lately.

Just this week, he mused that Senator Barack Obama might have been better off with Hillary Rodham Clinton as his running mate.

"Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America," Biden said Wednesday in Nashua, New Hampshire. "Quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me."

Earlier in the week, in Columbia, Missouri, Biden urged a paraplegic state official to stand up to be recognized.

"Chuck, stand up, let the people see you," Biden shouted to State Senator Chuck Graham, before realizing, to his horror, that Graham uses a wheelchair. "Oh, God love ya," Biden said. "What am I talking about?"

Would love to have posted all the examples, but there are too many and as the article states, there are new ones practically every day.

And unlike the democrat's manufactured attacks on Palin, there's no need to do anything but just print the next thing that Biden says.

[edit on 9/12/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The article you link to is a great read.

One has to ask;
If Hillary is a better pick than Biden, then why didn't Obama pick Hillary?

Biden has plenty of political savvy and experience and yet he is as much as saying that Obama made a less than perfect choice for his running mate.

Which leads me to believe that any argument Obama uses regarding Sarah Palin's lack of experience and that her lack of experience demonstrates a flaw in McCain's decision making process is now negated.

To make such an argument now makes Obama look like a hypocrite.

I live in a house divided. I'm for McCain and my husband's for Obama. It makes for some lively discussions at the supper table.

Natalie~

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

Hadn't seen you post for awhile intelgurl. It's great to see you "back". I always looked forward to your insights on the weapons, technology, etc. forums.
Frankly, I wish we were posting there now.

Sorry to hear about your "house divided". I guess I'm luckier in that my wife and I agree about almost everything.

Regarding the article, yes I thought it was a good read because it helps expose the weakness of a campaign philosophy used by democrats that seems to say "attack the other side with your own weaknesses".

As a logical person, to me it can't get more absurd than that.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think Biden's gaffe about Hillary being a better choice, was just an introspective attempt at being honest. He's an intelligent man, and I'm sure he follows the polls just like the American public does, and realizes Hillary Clinton would have energized the Democratic party base much more than he has. I can't fault the man for being honest.

As for his gaffe on asking his wheelchair bound colleague to stand up, it was just a slip. He's 65 years old and I imagine his recall and memory are a bit impaired. Biden has also had two surgeries for brain aneurysms that could also have some unknown side effects.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
[

Sorry to hear about your "house divided". I guess I'm luckier in that my wife and I agree about almost everything.

How do you manage to do that? That's a real conspiracy!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
As for his gaffe on asking his wheelchair bound colleague to stand up, it was just a slip. He's 65 years old and I imagine his recall and memory are a bit impaired. Biden has also had two surgeries for brain aneurysms that could also have some unknown side effects.

Now there are some great qualifications to be 'one heartbeat away from the presidency'.
Wait until he does something like tell a chinese leader to standup and be recognized when they already are - they're just shorter than Biden.

Again, while the dems are bashing Palin for not being qualified, this is their VP choice?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You know what i think this is, is the chris matthews focusing, his sexual energies too much on biden and obama. Mathhews loves those two so much.

At the end of the day, these people never stop talking, and now and again they have to say something questionable. Athough it does bring biden's judgement into focus, but heck your america, you just had g bush for nearly 8 years.

So remember i just think its chris matthews sexual energies, confusing biden and obama, but heck, they are allowed to have there secret fantasies, lol.....

new topics

top topics

join