It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are polls innacurate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm just curious as to how accurate these polls really are. A lot of the polls show John Mccain leading where the electoral college count polls like this one here at this website www.usaelectionpolls.com... show Obama leading by a large margin.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Generally speaking they are just a snapshot of a specific part of the population at a specific time and are by nature extremely limited.

Take for example McCain's recent surge in the polls... they fail to take into consideration a number of factors such as the Democratic surge in registering new voters... I believe its 2 to 1 over the Republicans... it doesn't touch on nationals or military overseas and of course it doesn't even touch those who don't have a phone or just use a cell phone.

So despite the fact that they are so heavily hyped polls are by their very nature, inaccurate.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think that polls are definitel fake i heard of one about 2 months ago that says something like 80% of Americans like George Bush.

Mmm 80% of americans like Goerge Bush ehh

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
All of these polls can be manipulated! It all depends who and where you ask the important questions.
As for Polls being accurate. . . Banacek always seemed to be! (Sorry, bad joke.)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Polls are incredibly innaccurate on both sides of the board. I wouldn't put too much faith in the poll takers as there is always an agenda to feed.

“Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything. 14% of people know that.”
Homer Simpson

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Look it's quite simple, polls aren't inaccurate people are. John Mccain's surge has come because of the repulican convention and will quickly fade.

All a poll really is, is a way to let you know that if an election was run 100 times this person would "probably" win X times

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
polls are nothing more than statistics and statistics can be manuliplated to prove anything.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I don’t think they are entirely inaccurate but people can always ask a question in a way that will gain more responses they want to hear. That’s why you have to them at face value.

join