It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Teacher Under Fire for Using Sole Muslim as Terrorist Example

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Chicago Teacher Under Fire for Using Sole Muslim as Terrorist Example

www.breitbart.tv

"He came home and before he even took his backpack off, he had tears in his eyes already."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The incident in its self was bad enough , not to mention the aftermath from his fellow students.

www.breitbart.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
For some reason the video won't play the audio.

Is anyone else having this problem?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Video worked fine for me.

They moved the teacher to another school they said, big deal, the damage is done!

This poor Muslim kid, in 6th grade, now has to go to school for years with the same kids who heard their teacher use him as an example of a terrorist.

The school district should pay for him to attend a different school.

It's just sooo wrong when adults do this sort of thing to kids.

[edit on 9/12/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well, this is a prime example of how our country is being lead down a road of self destruction, from the inside out. Nothing like whipping up hate in the younger people, is there? It`s no wonder we are looked down on by other countries. This teacher should not only be fired, but not be able to teach any child again. Maybe some jail time would tell others like this, that teaching and spreading hate will not be tolerated anymore.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The teacher should have thought a bit better. If I was the teacher, and only one of my students was muslim, I would have made sure I didn't use him as the example.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Anyone with any type of morals, more so a "teacher", should not even have to begin to think about doing such things as this. It sounds more like this teacher felt it was his or her right to teach these children with his or her own take on this subject.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I agree with FiatLux - why is this teacher being given another chance? She needs to lose her job! How is this even in question? This one ignorant teacher has created an uncomfortable school environment for this boy. Its bad enough when other students make comments, but when a teacher does it that gives those students more of a reason ... fuels the fire. She may not have been trying to offend him, but, like the woman says in the video, the teacher never made a point. What was she trying to do?

I really don't get how people are so ignorant... just because he is Muslim does not mean he believes the same things as the radicals she compares him to. Thats like saying just because someone is Christian they probably want to picket with those westboro baptists...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
terrorist -

someone working for an intelegence program

someone used as a " big bad wolf " in an incident or scenario where civilians or primary economical structures can be hurt.

someone who aggitates/advocates un neccesary behaviur outside the "norm" of of daily life.

for further study on the subject you can read about the ideas Leo strauss had on the necessary evil be it real or not in our society.

wiki entry on Leo strauss

example ,

bad teacher , shoo

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
That's just ridiculous. Even if it was an accident or something, how could an adult be that friggin' dumb? I hope she loses her job, and I hope that school starts some kind of program to teach their kids about diversity and the harm that stereotyping causes, to help reverse the damage their employee caused.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Teachers aren't always smart.

I have a teacher that did the dumbest *$#$ ever once. It's an argument class and someone asked "What if I criticized this girl about something, but she doesn't take the criticism, she just gets mad. Is that an argument?"

It was something like that. And here's what the teacher said:

"You didn't call her fat did you?"

And yes, this girl was not skinny. It was unbelievable. My jaw dropped. I suppose the teacher didn't realize he was speaking in hypotheticals... but seriously. How dumb can you be?

new topics

top topics

join