It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Up BIG Today!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Just wanted to share here and see how things were looking in different areas today.

This morning, here in Kentucky, gas went up $1.00 from last night. That's right $1.00 in a single jump. There are several spots in the state right now where regular unleaded is $4.69. I know a lot of this has to do with the refineries shutting down due to the hurricane, but this is still ridiculous.

So how are things elsewhere right now?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm in mid TN and family and friends started calling giving a heads up that gas would jump . My husband went to fill up last night and a majority of the stations were taking down all three numbers off their boards....not just the last two. I've heard some are only allowing 10 gallons per customer today.

Not cool.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It is funny how the price of oil is dropping, but the price of fuel either stays the same or even continues to rise. But we all know it is not a conspiracy and the oil companies are just trying to recover their cost.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It is a big deal. When gas goes up an entire dollar per gallon, something is very wrong.

I thought previously that $4 would be my limit financially, but now I'm looking at almost $5. I know there are many others who are in the same boat.

We'll just have to see what happens.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Read 'em and weep.

Mod Edit: Image Hotlinking – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Oh my I cant beleive this is happening when the oil prices have plummeted from the bull run to nearly 150 dollars a barrel.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
That´s still cheaper than europe.
Stop whining and buy a car that doesn´t have a ridiculously sized engine!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
It is funny how the price of oil is dropping, but the price of fuel either stays the same or even continues to rise. But we all know it is not a conspiracy and the oil companies are just trying to recover their cost.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

Yes, isn't it quite convenient how the price of oil jumping up over a day will cause gas prices to jump the next day but when the oil drops $30 plus in a month we don't see the big drops in gas? When oil was at $100 a barrel we were looking at $2.70ish per gallon. Well, we are still looking at $3.70 per gallon with oil at the level it is and staring once again at over $4 a gallon soon.

You see, no regulation means they do what they want regardless. Since people are used to over $3 a gallon we will probably not see it there for quite some time.

Sure, the hurricanes can slow refineries down a bit. Funny how they keep making these things out to be 'worse hurricanes in history' and yet they all end up category 2 or less once they hit mainland.

Not trying to belittle the impact felt by some of the bigger islands in the Atlantic. Just stating that the powers that be are always coming up with ways to keep their profits at the record levels regardless of the situation.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm not whining. And I don't drive a car with a ridiculously sized engine.

That also doesn't mean I have to like prices jumping a full dollar overnight. Or that I have to sit here and pretend I don't care because Europe is more expensive still.

I don't live in Europe. I don't pay for gas in Europe. I live and pay for gas in America, and I want my gas cheaper.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I'm not whining. And I don't drive a car with a ridiculously sized engine.

That also doesn't mean I have to like prices jumping a full dollar overnight. Or that I have to sit here and pretend I don't care because Europe is more expensive still.

I don't live in Europe. I don't pay for gas in Europe. I live and pay for gas in America, and I want my gas cheaper.

I hoped the smiley at the bottom of my post would indicate it´s humorous intention. Feel free to sit down again.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If the price of gas has gone up $1 in California I am dreading leaving my house and seeing what I'll have to pay at the pump.

Even when oil was going up daily the price was only increasing by about 5 cents a day ... how can it go up $1 overnight?

I'm curious to know what the price jump is in Alaska compared to other states since they eliminated the state tax on their gas. If anyone is in that area can you please let us know the hike?

Thanks for the heads up OP - I have an AVM in my brain and I'm supposed to avoid stress so that it doesn't spontaniously burst. You may have saved my life!

Jemison

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up...

I just got back... filled up at 3.59gal. - NW Ohio.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The price of a barell is only up a dollar so far today. The price in Mi this morning was still 3.46$ I don't think Ike picked up as much steam as they had thought.

mikell

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Psycho,

I knew you were kidding. I'm not on my soap box or anything here, that's just the way I feel.

You just gave me an opening to express it.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The price hike doesn't seem to have happened in California - or if it has, our local media isn't reporting it which would be very odd.

While searching for an article on the hike I came across a cool little color-coded gas map that shows the average price of gas across the nation. Here is the link if anyone is interested in checking it out:

www.gasbuddy.com...

Jemison

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
[edit on 12-9-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
MSNBC reported this morning that the wholesale price of gas went from $2 to $5 dollars in the last 24 hour period. So I googled it... and the wholesale price is at five per gallon.

It won't just be gas, it will be groceries too.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Of course it will. It will be everything.

Hopefully this is only a spike due to the hurricane, which would be nothing new. As of now, I still expect to see gas go back down to "normal" after this passes. We'll see how things pan out though. There is nothing that can be done except to deal with it.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Here in middle Missouri (North of Springfield) I just filled up tonight and it was 3.44 per gallon. We will see tomorrow...

I just do not know how the independent truckers are going to survive this other than to park it.

Parents especially single ones with children in daycare, traveling long distances to work, this is not the American dream I grew up with...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Price rise due to Hurricane Ike effects on the refineries being closed. Pray and hope that they are spared the worst and can get back online fairly soon or we'll see more increases. I filled up this morning and didn't notice any increase here in fort Lauderdale.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join