It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does Jesus DNA come from?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Something I think about every once in a while. First of all I DON'T believe in Jesus or Jesus virgin birth but I would like to here what you all thing about this.

If Mary was a virgin and god made her pregnant, the fetus, being human would have to have DNA from 2 parents. Where the heck did the 2nd DNA come from?

Either God was a human with Human DNA or she wasn't a virgin and didn't want to get stoned and made the whole tale up.

Remember Sarah was infertile too. The bible says God "did unto her and he said he would" she became pregnant. So would that child be considers the son of god also? And how does god DO UNTO a female. Thats kinda scary.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Virgin Birth (also called 'parthenogenesis') is very rare but has been known to occur.
As for Jesus' DNA, it would probably be a duplicate of Mary's own, as explained
here

In cases of parthenogenesis (virgin birth), an ovum starts to divide by itself without fertilization, producing an embryo in which the paternal chromosomes may be replaced by a duplication of maternal ones.

Virgin Births were also discussed in this thread : www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
wow thats strange info and interesting.

If it was an exact duplicate of Mary's DNA wouldn't the child have been a female? There would be no Y chromosome.

Bizarre

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Something else I thought of.

Jesus can't claim his lineage through Joseph if he had none of his DNA correct?

What does that make him. I'm not all that sure about the royal lineage stuff.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Actually, no, the problem with a parthenogenic Jesus is that he isn't female.

...at least, not that it's been reported. Ya might notice something like that in the scriptures. And you're right, FS, Jesus can't claim descent through Joseph if Joseph wasn't his father.

However....
- there are TWO lineages given for Jesus in the Bible.
- Christians resolve this by saying that one lineage is Mary's (and they do some "smoke and mirrors" at the end to make it work)
- Christians also say that the reason Joseph's lineage is given is that Joseph (though not the genetic father) was the father/stepfather and this made him part of Joseph's line.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
wow thats strange info and interesting.

If it was an exact duplicate of Mary's DNA wouldn't the child have been a female? There would be no Y chromosome.

Bizarre

Not necessarily ... the site states that
Parthenogenesis usually gives rise to female offspring or sometimes an abnormal male.

As to what the abnormality would be, I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Some interesting info...

Virgin, back then, meant young. It didn't mean you've never had sex. I think the bible played a part in the evolution of that word.(like all of it)

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Let's be simple. All DNA comes from God [or whatever you do believe], so does it matter if a virgin has a child? Perhaps God made a special person, Mary, so she had two DNA strands available. Always possibilities. Remember, science is a theory, not a fact.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
this is getting intresting. i gotta come to this one more often

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRaven
Let's be simple. All DNA comes from God [or whatever you do believe], so does it matter if a virgin has a child? Perhaps God made a special person, Mary, so she had two DNA strands available. Always possibilities. Remember, science is a theory, not a fact.

Perhaps Mary was a special self impregnating hermaphodite? Yuck.

Its a vicious circle this Christianity thing. It all leads back to "because god said so" Nothing ever gets explained.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Its a vicious circle this Christianity thing. It all leads back to "because god said so" Nothing ever gets explained.

Correct! At some point you just have to believe it is true. What do you need? Thunderbolts, or a booming voice? You won't get that.
God did give proof. It's called prophecy. Pick up one of the books like Every Prophecy of the Bible and study that. Even if you don't believe it you find it interesting.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Correct! At some point you just have to believe it is true. What do you need? Thunderbolts, or a booming voice? You won't get that.
God did give proof. It's called prophecy. Pick up one of the books like Every Prophecy of the Bible and study that. Even if you don't believe it you find it interesting.

Nah, Thunderbolts wont do. What I really need is god to appear to me and at least 1 witness. He should personally tell me that he exists. I mean if he truely loved me and wanted me to go to heaven.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
favoriteslave - Your avatar cracks me up.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It is a great question. If you are a religious believer I guess you just say Jesus has God's DNA, but that is still a pretty crappy answer.

I did hear this is one reason though that the Shroud of Turin is no longer allowed to be examined. I'm not trying to debate whether the Shroud is real or not, but I heard that scientists got an idea to take samples of the blood from the shroud and wait until human cloning was possible to try to clone the person on the shroud. Basically, if the shroud is real, try to clone Jesus.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   

It is 1968. Pisky is 6 years old. He has been told that should he have a question, he should ask it. So he does.

The teacher replies : "Because the priest says so"

Pisky asks: "Why does the priest say ?"

The teacher replies: "Because the Pope tells him so"

Pisky asks: "Why does the Pope say so ?"

The teacher angry replies : "Because its a tenet of faith"

Pisky asks: "Does anyone know the answer ?"

The teacher then informs Pisky that he is a spawn of the devil and sends him to receive a bollocking from the Headmaster.

Tossers.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
[qoute]Where does Jesus DNA come from?

Interesting question.

I'll give it a shot. His mother was Mary. And according to the New Testament, his ancestors by blood relation through his father Joseph can be traced to the house of David. So, his DNA is a mixture of both Mary and Joseph. Simple as that.

Of course, if he did have DNA that was somehow inconsistant to the DNA of the rest of humanity, then perhaps GOD did not truly take human form, but somehow cheated to give himself an advantage over mortals??

I don't neccesarily believe my last sentence, however i did want to make a point. If Jesus's DNA was not of this world, then it was only in "form" that God took on man's image. But, not the genetics of humanity.

Any more takers?

new topics

top topics

join