It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backwards Music

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Have any of you guys looked into this or given it a second thought? or think it's a bunch of bull-hockey?
I've been studying this myself (sort of) and have come up with some interesting "coincidences".

www2.memlane.com...

here's a link of one example. I noticed at first it is hard to understand when just listening to the backwards section, but as you read the words more, it begins to fall in line. mind control? (ha)

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
there was a thread about backwards music, not too long ago, I believe it was a black eyed peas song that was placed in question. anyways, you might want to try and search for it.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
nioj eht yvan.
i love the simpsons.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Even if these subliminal messages are real and/or intentional. What does it matter? People need to try a little harder to not be so weak minded to fall prey to such trivial things. If I told you to go kill people at your local Wendy's, would you?...

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
when you listen to rock superstar by cypress hill backwards, you can hear him talk about sex, i had a link somewhere with samples of different songs that if you play them backwards theres some hidden emssages in them.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hmmm, after reading all of this I wonder what the national anthem of the US of A will turn out to be if I'll spin it backwards
Probably something like Anarchy Secretly Unleashed

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Olafski
Hmmm, after reading all of this I wonder what the national anthem of the US of A will turn out to be if I'll spin it backwards
Probably something like Anarchy Secretly Unleashed

yeh, this sort of thing shouldnt be taken too seriously.
IMO, music doesnt alter ones thinking. That was what "they" said happened with the columbine kids, yeh right

here's another link that's just fun to look at:

www.reversespeech.com...

i think that these so called messages can be taken in different ways.just a matter of what you want to hear.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
nioj eht yvan.
i love the simpsons.

I remeber that episode, it was actualy "yvan eht nioj" the order of the words is also reversed.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'd say music does alter ones thinking and perception of life... but thats forwards music... i dont think any song has infulenced my lifestyle and thinking because of what it says backwards... but more so what it says when played normally... and even then i made a concious decision to chamge my views die to the music...

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I've heard about reversing speech and songs to reveal hidden things, never really looked that deep into it.
www.reversespeech.com... there are some examples and more information on that page... It's interesting, I'll give it that

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by Kinote]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think Stairway is a bad example as much as everyone wants it to be, but... I have heard some real ones though that were creepy as hell

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
I'd say music does alter ones thinking and perception of life... but thats forwards music... i dont think any song has infulenced my lifestyle and thinking because of what it says backwards... but more so what it says when played normally... and even then i made a concious decision to chamge my views die to the music...

hmmm, that is true.
I will type some more when i actually have something to say about this topic.

ShiftTrio, have any examples?

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Listen to the song by johnny cash backwards "I fell into a burning ring of fire" and remember that it was played at the waco incident.

Falcon

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Listen to the song "Hell Awaits" by Slayer, and you'll hear a bunch of voices at the begining saying "join us" backwords.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
A group of crazy Christian women accused the song "loui Loui" of being all about sex when you play it super slow, and backwards it states some satanic phrase or something.

All I can say is.....theyre crazy Christian women.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
so sex is satanic now

I'm Christian... and I can safely say that those are some crazy Christian women.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
another reason why I listen to techno.

besides, songs with vocals just suck. why do you think classical music has lasted for so long and this vocals crap is new and constantly being replaced with even worse vocals crap?

music isnt about voice or writing talent. it's about harmonizing sound.

[Edited on 3/21/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Boards of Canada have put some backwards messages in their music, more about that here, but that's not really scary. If you want some scary music, you should try the Find Candace album and the Doll Doll Doll album by Venetian Snares. All kind of scary samples and not for the faint of heart, both in terms of music and theme.

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by amantine]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
ShiftTrio
im curious what other songs did you hear. I think this topic is very interesting. Stairway is pretty creepy for me, i wounder what else there is. alough i dont think there is anything to gain from this.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slayer
Listen to the song "Hell Awaits" by Slayer, and you'll hear a bunch of voices at the begining saying "join us" backwords.

Yeah but those are kind of suposed to be there (Right? because I only herd little bits of that song.)

I don't beleave that music (Backwards or otherwise) urges people to Kill themselfs/other people or have sex before they are married. They allredy want to do that in the first place if not then it is tones mixed with a week mind that make ONLY THOSE PEOPLE do that, music backwards or frontwards always become a scapegoat for parents to pin there "gref" on, because they know if they sue some one like Marilyn Manson or Ozzy or a band like Judas Prest, and they win they will get buko bucks if you know what I mean. Thats the only reson that they blame music for everything.

But yes I do beleave in Subliminal messages, and I have herd songs played backwards that you can hear voices in the background like that 2pac song where it sounds like "Suge shot me" or something like that. I beleave some are real, others, well just stuff people to come up with to get money from some one famous or just crazy.

I just think backwards music is strange, it is amazing how accual words come from music played in a way it wasn't ment to be....

Also If you like subliminal messages may I recomend Trick or Treat....It may be a cheese 80's flick but it has Ozzy and Gene Simmons in it....

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by Curiosity]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join